• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cell phones.... Love 'em or hate 'em?

Rob_NC

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A continuance of a comment made in another post.

I carry a cell phone for work because I'm on call 24/7. BUT, I hate to see people driving with one crammed in their ear. Why can't these people use the damn headset their phone came with?

I hate the damn things :mad: I think they are a useful tool for business purposes, but other than that they piss me off. I for one do not want to be bothered when I am not at home, leave me a damn message and I'll get back to you on my own time.

My gf used to take hers with her everwhere and it drove me nuts. We'd be doing something then her mother would call asking her to go to the store or some bs and of course she's so damn kindhearted that she can't just say 'Mom, I'm about to get laid over at my boyfriends, can't you do it yourself?' Noooooo, :mad: So I'd be stuck with a hard on in my pants as we'd take off to the store where I can hardly walk due to the fact that I have blueballs and.........did I get a little off topic there? :scratch: :p

just a little ... you were talking about shopping :shrug:

I hate people who think they have to answer every call like they were so important that nothing else matters, I hate people who have their ringer so loud with a cute little jingle that sticks in your head all day or startle you when everything is nice and quiet. Driving while talking on the cell, everyone says they hate it even the people who do it. I answer mine at a stop light or something, but I hate being behind the chronic cell phone people with manual transmissions weaving all over cause they have to steer and shift with one hand. Those people who walk around with that thing tangling from the ear talking loud and confusing the clerk at the checkout counter because they aren't paying attention.

Times when I like cell phone:

1)stranded
2)out drunk looking for friends
3)when I meet a girl out, I can hand her the phone and tell her to put in her number. When she puts in her number, I take the phone back and scroll through to see what her name is because I generally forget.

Times I hate cell phones:

1)When I am fishing
2)When I am masturbating
3)When I am out with a friend and his girlfriend calls 100 times.

I have no problems with cells unless someone is talking on the cell phone at the dinner table for a long time. That pisses me off!
Oh yeah I forgot, and when you are riding in a car with someone that is on the phone forever.

I hate it when someone is talking very loud on their cell in a public place. Many seem to act like they are important or something. Almost seems as if they are a status symbol to some.
Nevermind the fact that damn near everyone has one.

I love cell phones, but I am very courteous as to how/when I use it when in public???

DJ, one thing I used to hate is when this girl I dated would want me to go on a long drive with her and 5 seconds into the drive she turns the radio down and starts gabbing on the cell phone the whole way.

I love my cell phone. But you gotta be careful and set it to vibrate when you're at the movies, eating out, yada yada. I set it to vibrate rather than turn it off so I can see who's calling. If it's the state police or something calling to tell me my house is on fire, I have a feeling I'd want to take the call.

I just don't get why it's unsafe to talk on the cell when driving. If you have a manual transmission just get a headset. How is it different from talking to the person next to you? If the problem is because of taking a hand off of the steering wheel then they'd have to make it illegal to eat or smoke.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Paynne

I just don't get why it's unsafe to talk on the cell when driving. If you have a manual transmission just get a headset. How is it different from talking to the person next to you? If the problem is because of taking a hand off of the steering wheel then they'd have to make it illegal to eat or smoke.

Because most people can't turn their damn heads to see over their shoulders when they have a phone crammed in their ear. Then, you see women with it stuck between their shoulder and ear thus causing their vision to be distorted because they're looking down the road sideways. Then you get the dumbfuck that uses their left hand to hold the phone, thus rendering it useless to use for activating the turn signal.

And it's way different to carry on a conversation on a phone than it is between to people in a car. On the phone, you have to concentrate more to understand what is said. I've had conversations using my headset and couldn't remember how the hell I got to where I was at.

Originally posted by Rob_NC
On the phone, you have to concentrate more to understand what is said. I've had conversations using my headset and couldn't remember how the hell I got to where I was at.

Uh?? I'll be a smart ass here. :D Sound is sound whether it comes from a cell phone, a mouth, or a car speaker.

In humans and other mammals, hair cell bundles are arranged in four long, parallel columns on a gauzy strip of tissue called the basilar membrane. This membrane, just over an inch long, coils within the cochlea, a bony, snail-shaped structure about the size of a pea that is located deep inside the inner ear.

Sound waves generated by mechanical forces, such as a bow being drawn across a string, water splashing on a hard surface, or air being expelled across the larynx, cause the eardrum???and, in turn, the three tiny bones of the middle ear???to vibrate. The last of these three bones (the stapes, or "stirrup") jiggles a flexible layer of tissue at the base of the cochlea. This pressure sends waves rippling along the basilar membrane, stimulating some of its hair cells.

These cells then send out a rapid-fire code of electrical signals about the frequency, intensity, and duration of a sound. The messages travel through auditory nerve fibers that run from the base of the hair cells to the center of the cochlea, and from there to the brain. After several relays within the brain, the messages finally reach the auditory areas of the cerebral cortex, which process and interpret these signals as a musical phrase, a dripping faucet, a human voice, or any of the myriad sounds in the world around us at any particular moment.

People who can drive while using a cell phone can drive while NOT using a cell phone.

How can lighting a small object on fire and putting it in your month be safer than talking on a cell phone while driving. I know more people who had accidents because of cigerattes than cell phones.

I hate them beyond all reasonable bounds.

Originally posted by LazyByNature
Uh?? I'll be a smart ass here. :D Sound is sound whether it comes from a cell phone, a mouth, or a car speaker.

In humans and other mammals, hair cell bundles are arranged in four long, parallel columns on a gauzy strip of tissue called the basilar membrane. This membrane, just over an inch long, coils within the cochlea, a bony, snail-shaped structure about the size of a pea that is located deep inside the inner ear.

Sound waves generated by mechanical forces, such as a bow being drawn across a string, water splashing on a hard surface, or air being expelled across the larynx, cause the eardrum???and, in turn, the three tiny bones of the middle ear???to vibrate. The last of these three bones (the stapes, or "stirrup") jiggles a flexible layer of tissue at the base of the cochlea. This pressure sends waves rippling along the basilar membrane, stimulating some of its hair cells.

These cells then send out a rapid-fire code of electrical signals about the frequency, intensity, and duration of a sound. The messages travel through auditory nerve fibers that run from the base of the hair cells to the center of the cochlea, and from there to the brain. After several relays within the brain, the messages finally reach the auditory areas of the cerebral cortex, which process and interpret these signals as a musical phrase, a dripping faucet, a human voice, or any of the myriad sounds in the world around us at any particular moment.

People who can drive while using a cell phone can drive while NOT using a cell phone.

How can lighting a small object on fire and putting it in your month be safer than talking on a cell phone while driving. I know more people who had accidents because of cigerattes than cell phones.

regardless of your biological explanation, it is a fact that more mental concentration is needed to converse on a telephone than in face-to-face conversation. Couple this with the already demanding task of driving and the result is someone paying more attention to the phone and not enough on what's going on around them. It doesn't take more than 2 brain cells to smoke a cigarette.

I love cell phones. They make life so much more simpler although the dangers do increase. I talk on my phone in public only when is necessary. What I hate are the people who make a scene talking on their phone in public. These are the ones that think having a cell phone is a prestigious object when in actuality if you dont have a cell phone you are the minority.

Living here in California I think we see the blunt of cell phone users. I believe highly in carrying a cell phone for emergency purposes, but I think they have really gotten out of hand. I don't believe that they should be used while operating a motor vehicle.
There is no way one could focus on driving with the distraction from talking on the phone. I would say that the majority of people I see talking on cell phones while driving are women and young girls. Not to single anyone out, but that is what I see. I can't say for sure, but I bet if you did a statistic the conversations are completely unnecessary to begin with.... Most I believe are just shooting the breeze and bsing with their friends. I am very surprised they are still legal. I think that if someone needs to make a call they can pull over and stop their car. Otherwise the conversation can wait. If it is an emergency....same situation. Pull over safetly, stop the car and make the call. If you make special clauses everyone will be making excuses.

I was in Barnes and Noble Bookstore the other day and some obese lady walked down the book isle talking very loud on her cell phone next to all the people who where reading and studying. She was just talking sensless bs. I asked her if she could please have some consideration for others reading. She just gave me a snob look and walked away (still talking on her phone). :yell:

I was in Barnes and Noble Bookstore the other day and some obese lady walked down the book isle talking very loud on her cell phone next to all the people who where reading and studying. She was just talking sensless bs. I asked her if she could please have some consideration for others reading. She just gave me a snob look and walked away (still talking on her phone). :yell: [/QUOTE]

These are the types of people I was referring to. If you had a cell phone 10 years ago, yes it was cool and somewhat prestigious. Today, 80 year olds have cell phones. We all have cell phones, just put it back in your damn purse.

I hate those guys in the gym with cell phone. They never workout, never leave the bench. The guys who drives,smokes and talking on the cell phones at the same time that is really dangerous.

Originally posted by Paynne
But you gotta be careful and set it to vibrate when you're at the movies, eating out,
Ya I agree, :yes: There is nothing so annoying then going down on a girl and having her boyfriend calling her on her cell asking her where the hell she is. Damn bitch should have turned it off :mad: :p

Originally posted by irontime
Ya I agree, :yes: There is nothing so annoying then going down on a girl and having her boyfriend calling her on her cell asking her where the hell she is. Damn bitch should have turned it off :mad: :p

Did you ever find out where she was?

I used to be with Sprint and they suck ass. I have nothing positive to say about that company or their service. Just my opinion. :clap:

OH, Damn, I plan to switch over my whole company. And I am in charge of the account. Damn was it there service as in antenna, or customer service?

I live in a metropolitan area and I couldnt get service half the time. Customer service was also poor. I currently have Verizon and the coverage and customer service is unmatched. :thumb:

Originally posted by bulletproof1
I live in a metropolitan area and I couldnt get service half the time. Customer service was also poor. I currently have Verizon and the coverage and customer service is unmatched. :thumb:

Can you here me now? <Good>

:hehe: :evil:

I carry a cell phone for work because I'm on call 24/7. BUT, I hate to see people driving with one crammed in their ear. Why can't these people use the damn headset their phone came with?

cell phones are great, but if people are going to drive with one they at least need a "hands free" set-up.

Re: Re: Cell phones.... Love 'em or hate 'em?

Originally posted by Robert DiMaggio
cell phones are great, but if people are going to drive with one they at least need a "hands free" set-up.

That would help, but I still think they should be banned altogether while driving. I just don't think one can apply full focus to driving safely while being distracted by senseless phone conversations where 99 percent of them are unnecessary to begin with. I guess for some however, they are more justified like salespeople etc. who speak on the phone daily for business purposes. But the world survived all those years prior to cellphones when people had to get out of their car and use a payphone if they needed to make a call. But even with handsfree setups you still have to dial the number and adjust your options etc. distracting you. Now others can argue and point out other distractions like the radio and personal discussions, but to me the phone still comes out on top as far as being unsafe and causing driving distractions. :shrug:

Did you ever find out where she was?
:lol: Never had mine do that, but I actually was going down on a girl when her cell phone rang and it was her boyfriend. Luckily it was the morning after and business was already finished :p

I use my ear piece while driving with no problem, then again I can walk and chew gum at the same time, some people can't.

I don't have a problem with cell phones, they are generally a great things to have around. Lest we forget how difficult it was to get ahold of people on the weekends without phones!

on another note, how mnay guys or girls have had someone answer their phone while out on a date with you? lol. That is a big no no. If a girl does that I will straight up just walk out, right then and there! how rude is that?

Back