• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Most imperative muscle to stretch in terms of relieving discomfort

Skib

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, in case the title of this thread isn't clear, I want to know what muscle on your body constantly NEEDS to be stretched in order to relieve discomfort. I was going to name the thread most imperative muscle to stretch but it's important to stretch every muscle!

Anyways, for me it's my hamstrings... they get so tight sometimes (usually after doing dead lifts) and I contantly feel the need to stretch them out really well otherwise i'm just uncomfortable!

my favorite time is laying in bed right before i go to sleep. I twist and turn my body in ways that I didn't even know it was capable of twisting just to relieve the tightness in my hammy's :p

which muscle is it for some of you guys?

Hip flexors, and the iliotibial band down the outside of the thigh. My hips are so tight some days, it's a wonder I can walk. I can barely even squat to parallel unless I stretch out first (I find that single-leg Bulgarian lunges, with my back foot up on the bench, is a great warmup for squatting).

Hmm, if somebody could find a good site for important stretches to do before and after different activities that would be great.

Skib, I twist, turn and stretch in bed too, weird.

I feel the need to stretch my abs more often, but I think that's because I exercise them more often and they are stabilizers in all kinds of lifts and movements.

Originally posted by Akateros
Hip flexors

definately.

although i found a really good stretch for them. while standing, place the outside of your right ankle over your opposite knee (like you're crossing your legs) and squat... targets them nicely ;)

Iliotibial Band

Originally posted by Akateros
Hip flexors, and the iliotibial band down the outside of the thigh. My hips are so tight some days, it's a wonder I can walk. I can barely even squat to parallel unless I stretch out first (I find that single-leg Bulgarian lunges, with my back foot up on the bench, is a great warmup for squatting).

I'm with you on the iliotibial band. Along with tight calves, they wreak havoc upon my knees. Much stretching needed before squats and deads. Thanks for the tip on Bulgarian lunges.

Re: Iliotibial Band

Originally posted by Downtown Guy
I'm with you on the iliotibial band. Along with tight calves, they wreak havoc upon my knees. Much stretching needed before squats and deads. Thanks for the tip on Bulgarian lunges.

I do Bulgarian squats (Probably the same thing) and they are hardcore. It has helped the weight I was hack squatting go up quite significantly.

Back