• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Helping a Friend..help me heh

DeadBolt

MP Minister of Pain!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok so a friend of mine who has worked out before moderatly has asked me for help. He has done it off and on for 4 years but never really stuck to it. He wants to join the military and needs to get prepared for it. So he asked me to devise a routine for him to try and help him out with upping his overall strength and to increase his running, pushups, and pull ups. So here is a big guess for me.

Monday Chest/Shoulder
Flat
2x6-8
Incline
2x6-8
Cable Cross
2x8-10

Military Press
2x6-8
Cheat Lateral
2x6-8
Upright Row
2x8-10
HIIT Cardio 10-15 mins
30 sec sprint 30 easy pase

Tuesday Back
Bent Over Row
2x6-8
Pull Downs
2x6-8
Reverse Pull Down
2x6-8
CG Seated Row
3x6-8
Hyper Ext.
3x10-12 weighted

Wensday Legs
Hack Squat
3x6-8
Leg Press
3x6-8
Leg Ext.
2x8-10
SLDL
2-3x6-8
Lying Leg Curl
2-3x8-10

Thursday Chest
Pushups (weighted)
5 sets pyramid
Either weighted or 10 sec intervals
Change it up
Training
- 1st set - do 20 no. of reps(you should be at failure here)
- rest 10 secs
- do it until failure again(say maybe you did 8 here)
- rest 10 secs
- do it until failure agian(maybe 6 here)
- rest 10 secs
- do it until failure again(maybe 3 here)
- rest 10 secs
- complete the final '3' reps

Friday Back
Pull Ups
5-7 sets own weight or added plates
Long slow cardio or paced jog for endurance or HIIT

Saturday Arms
CG Bench
2x6-8
Skull Crushers
2x8-10
Pushdowns
2-6-10

BB Curl
2x6-8
Preacher Curl
2x6-8
Hammer Curl
2x8-10

He can't do deads or squats thats why I didn't include them. I basicly made something up of the few lifts he can do. Could you guys help modify it for me, it look almost like he may be overtraining. I was thinking maybe on Mon and Tues limiting each workout to 1 set of each then adding the Thur and Fri days those days so he has 2 days of rest.

Since your friend is going into the military, pick a routine that will improve the areas that the military deems important. There is no point on concentrating on say bench press when in bootcamp you will be doing pushups and running. Prepare for the stresses that you'll face. You didn't mention the branch that your friend wants to go into, so I can't be real specific on a program. Each branch probably has a web site with recommendations on how to train prior to joining.

Take a look at the URL http://navyseal.s5.com/workouts.html. It may not be excatly what your looking for but it has a gradual build up and will increase strength and endurance.

careful lazy... by mentioning things like "what the military thinks important" you are setting yourself up for getting wise crack routines like: trigger finger exercies, wrist exercies (for drinking) and penile exercies to help our boys do their part to colonize and spread American genes (not the levi variety) and influence to exotic lands.

:funny:
OD

He isn't going into a specific branch just yet, it is some sort of training camp prior to a boot camp he is going through. He didn't tell me in full he just said he needed an overall workout for general strength/fitness and something to improve his pushups/pullups. Thats why I added the extra days of pushups and pull ups followed by a few days of cardio to improve his endurance for the running.

Back