• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

hernia?

BobtheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I think a may have given myself a mild one. What exactly do they feel like?

well, its a sharp pain about an inch above where your wang connects to your body. and i mean SHARP. my dad had triple hernia surgery, and one day i was squatting and had seriously sharp pain there. my dad advised me to not squat anymore, or at least reevaluate the way i did em. ;)

Dosen't it make a small dimple or indent where it is also? I know nothing about hernias either, so I am wondering as well

you should be able to see or feel a small lump as well depending on how bad it is...and for the record no all HERNIA's cause sharp pains.

I was sqatting low and felt a burning sensation down and to the right of my belly button like when you stretch your skin but it was deeper. Like in the tissue. It still feels a little wierd but not exactly hurt. No bump or indentation. I've sqatted since, but not so low, and had no problems.

Just keep an eye on it...if it's hernia and you continue to stress the area you'll know it....lol

you will feel a lump. i had one above where my belly button is. you can see the scar in my profile pics. it was from when i was 12. hopefully you don't have one because if your mid section goes under the knife it sux because if you laugh, cough, or breath too hard it hurts like a son of a bitch!

Theres several types of hernia. I had a couple "inguinals", did I spell that right? Try clearing your throat or coughing, if it feels like you actually have a "hole" in your gut, or in the space between your testicles and leg, you probably have one.

But you probably dont. Either way I'd get a doctors opinion............take care............Rich

Sweet. It didn't bother me branding calves yesterday. That's a hell of a workoutif you do it the old fashioned way (physicaly throw them down and hold them).

IML Gear Cream!
What you felt may have been the beginning of a hernia. As you know it is a tear in the fascia and muscular wall leading to a protrusion of intestines. This can happen in a number of areas.

The sharp pain you felt is theorized to be the partial tearing that may progress over time if not watched carefully.

Some of the best ways to avoid a hernia:
-warm up and pyramid up in weights
-lift as heavy as you can but only with good form
-make sure your lifting technique is perfect...especially on the big lifts
-do not ever hold your breath while lifting...this is called the valsalva maneuver and increases intraabdominal pressure tremendously. NEVER do this...can lead to hernias, strokes, or aneurysms.

just keep an eye on the area and make sure it never protrudes...if it soes and you want to continue lifting...go get it fixed...i had one fixed...it's not a big deal.

good luck

So the Dr. is literal. Thanks.
Sometimes I do catch myself holding my breath through part of the lift. Usualy the most critical part. When I did it I was going past parrallel and my form is a little off center when I get down that low.

Back