• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Does this sound good?

suzana

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today was leg day and I sticked to the machines. Tell me if you think I did enough.

inner thigh- 4 sets of 15
outer thigh- 4 sets of 15
leg curl- 4 sets of 15
leg extensions- 4 sets of 15
leg press- 8 sets of 15

In case you're wondering how long I've been working out, I worked out consistently for a year, then took 6 mos off, and started back up 4mos ago and have been pretty consistent since then.

honest? I dont like it, at all :no:

what are your goals?

regardless, Id reccomend sticking to compound movements for the base of your routine. i.e squats, deadlifts.. lunges are super for leaning out,
the leg extensions and curls are fine as supplemental exercises to add. but Id honestly ditch the inner and outter thigh machines.. they really dont do any good even though you see a ton of woman living on them at the gym.

If your goal is to build more muscle in your legs stick to 8-12reps (3-4sets), if its more strength purposes or not looking to gain as much muscle Id stick to 4-6reps(4-5sets), but increase the sets. Anything beyond 12 reps.. for example all those 15reps your doing is more for endurance training.

I do squats and deadlifts too.. and sometimes lunges.. guess I need to fix my routine.. How many sets should I do though in total?

I pretty much agree with atherjen on this one. Ditch the thigh machines, and probably even avoid the leg extensions/curls. Leg press is pretty good though. I would replace leg extensions with full squats. Then, for your hamstrings I would do some romanian/straight-leg deadlifts and maybe hyper-extensions. You also may want to throw in a few sets for your calves.

The only thing that may be incorrect about her statement is the usage of 15 repititions. In general, her statements about those rep ranges are true. However, many people's legs respond pretty well to slightly higher repititions. I'm not saying she's wrong, but you should figure out what works best for yourself by trying various things out.

Originally posted by suzana
I do squats and deadlifts too.. and sometimes lunges.. guess I need to fix my routine.. How many sets should I do though in total?

My leg routine only consists of 14 sets total: 6 for quads, 6 for hams, and 2 for calves. I have seen pretty good gains with this volume. I wouldn't do much less than this, but a lot of people do a little more than this. Again, see what works best for you.

Back