• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Movie rental reviews..

Pitboss

User title goes here
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Paycheck

Starring: Ben Affleck, Aaron Eckhart, Uma Thurman, Paul Giametti
Directed by: John Woo
Release Date: 12/25/2003
Run time: 119 min.
Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action and Adventure
Synopsis: An engineer is hired for a top-secret project, but after years on the job he wakes one morning to find the government on his trail and all the memories of his work erased by his employer.

.. Not a bad movie. Have to give it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: out of 5.

I wasn't too happy with casting Uma Thurman. First off I don't think she's pretty at all. Sexy as a dried up apple. Come on Ben is a good looking guy cast his equal!!

I liked the story and the effects were decent. The acting.. well a couple of scenes were right out of High School drama. The editing was fair. I caught a couple of mistakes. The stupid stuff is what annoyed me. If you haven't seen this then don't read anymore!!!

Okay so he see's the future and takes steps to stop it. Nowhere do they show you or tell you how he was able to know the details of the specific times, places, etc. How was he able to get copies of those newspapers?? And wouldn't the future change each time he got away with his special little things in the envelope?? I don't know it wasn't very desciptive on how the machine worked or what could be seen. Silly really.

Great idea, great concept but just poor show making I guess. I wonder if the book is more descriptive in i's workings.

Oh well.

Oh,I see,you are talking of the time lines changed by his actions in the future!!!!
Hmmmmm.That's a hard one...I think the best movie,even though it was silly,respected and really explained the time line effects was "Back in the Future"the first or the second one...

Originally posted by Dero
Oh,I see,you are talking of the time lines changed by his actions in the future!!!!
Hmmmmm.That's a hard one...I think the best movie,even though it was silly,respected and really explained the time line effects was "Back in the Future"the first or the second one...

They made it feasible if you will. Some movies do that but a lot just figure we are too stupid to catch on I think.

Could be...But in reality,they are the stupid ones for thinking that we don't understand the fact that if you change something in the future it will have a negative or MAYBE a positive change on the outcome of things that have not yet happened,since we are now in the present.:scratch:I think.

Originally posted by Dero
Could be...But in reality,they are the stupid ones for thinking that we don't understand the fact that if you change something in the future it will have a negative or MAYBE a positive change on the outcome of things that have not yet happened,since we are now in the present.:scratch:I think.

dude that's all fuk'd up!! LOL

Really if you change the future nothing will happen to the past. The future hasn't happened so it has no effect on what has happened. Duh.

HA!That's where you're wrong PB!
If you go in the future and change something...
Let's take something that you will understand,hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Ok.Well, errrr.
Just playing with you...:p

If we could travel in the future and we change something there,it would have an enormous change on the past and present.
Lets take a motorcycle,you go in the future and change the way that gasoline combust in the pistons.What would happen to the way, in the past and present that the gas does combust in the piston.Suddently it would change WITHOUT any reasons???

Cool, thanks for the review Pitboss. I may have to rent that one.

I just rented The Cat in the Hat. Eh. Glad I didn't pay $9 to see it. I also rented Big Fish. It was ok. The movie is about a guy's relationship with his dad, and since I basically do not have a father and harbor some very bad feelings about him, I don't like movies about father-son relationships. It was a decent movie, but I don't need to see it again.

The Return of the King hits DVD today. WOO HOO!

I wasn't too happy with casting Uma Thurman. First off I don't think she's pretty at all. Sexy as a dried up apple. Come on Ben is a good looking guy cast his equal!!

Wait, let me get this straight. Uma is ugly, and Affleck is the good looking one???? :confused:

You gotta be kidding me, man! Uma Thurman is one of the hottest looking women on this planet. That chick fuckin' sizzles. Assfleck, on the other hand, is just an annoying prick. He ruins any movie they put his ass in. At least his bend-over buddy (Damon) has some acting ability. I still can't believe they cast this dick in Daredevil....ughhh, the mask couldn't even fit right on that over-ripe melon he calls a head.

Sorry to rant like that, I'm usually much more composed, but I really hate that effeminate prick!!!!

Hey, I knew that this thread is very old, but man, I love this film! It's surely one of my favorite! And Uma... She's just amazing actress:) I've been interested, how much has she earned during her whole career and I was schocked when I found out that her net worth is $45 million! (information from this article - Uma Thurman Net Worth Gained Through Acting and Modeling). But it's quite fair considering the fact that she's really talented:)

Back