• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How often do you take a training break?

350Z

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been lifing weights since I was 15....ten years later (now).....I find that there is ALWAYS somthing broke/hurt on my body...I'm never 100%....for the last five years this has been my routine

Mon: chest
Tue: back
Wed: Shoulders/Traps
Thurs: Arms (Bi's/Tri's)
Fri: Legs

I have tried tons of different splits....this one so far is the best for me...anyways....I haven't taken a break in training since I went through OCS about a year and a half ago....and OCS wasn't really a break for my body:eek: .......my question is how often do you all cycle a rest period into your training and how long does it last for...do you do anything for maintence...how about diet?

Thanks!!!

i'm the last person that should chime in considering for me an off day consist of two miles running, a bike ride, and some situps. But really it all depends on the person just listen to your body, if you feel weak, tired, sick, HURT, or anything like that consider taking a break, does it have to be a week long or longer break, no, but only you will know. Also definately try switching up the routine a bit, even though that is the best split for you, you should always break it up a little for a few weeks, then you can go back to that routine

....thanks man...I am always changing my daily workouts to keep them different/effective....however I always stick to the big barbell lifts for best results.....I know people say listen to your body BUT....if I listend to my body I'd be eating pizza 6 times a day and watching TV while collecting my food stamps. You'd think after 10 years and TONS of body building/fitness magazine reading I'd how to read my body better....I guess I'm too stubborn...today it took every ounce of will power to get through my routine.....and it ended up being a sh!tty day in the gym....what signs do you all look for...I know this is kind of a vauge area....I just want some opinions thats all.

Thanx 350Z

well i take a week off every month or 2. i keep my diet the same thou

I don't have a set schedule for breaks but it usually comes out to be around a good 2 months total out of the year...

I usually try to take a break every 12 weeks. However, I am going to be starting Gopro's routine next week; he suggests taking off a week every 9 weeks.

I am on a rest week right now after only 7 weeks because I started a preparatory training protocol for Gopro's routine which kicked my ass. On top of that I got somewhat injured at a concert last weekend, otherwise I would have gone 9-12 weeks before my next rest week.

Usually take one when my body feels it needs it. But usually only for a couple of days. Right now I can't take any and I feel the need for one.:cry:

With all those answer's I'm now feeling less guilty, since 5 month's it's my first week off from training. I was needing a mental brake

Originally posted by CowPimp
because I started a preparatory training protocol for Gopro's routine which kicked my ass...

hi CowPimp. :wave: can you tell us more about the prep phase before starting the program?

good luck by the way! :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by nikegurl
hi CowPimp. :wave: can you tell us more about the prep phase before starting the program?

good luck by the way! :thumb:

Hey Nike. I didn't do anything too special. Basically, I just did the routine without shock week. I have never done a cyclical training method like this, but when I told Gopro my plan to do a few cycles like this he seemed to think it was a good idea.

I didn't alternate weekly (P-RR-P-RR...), but bi-weekly (P-P-RR-RR...). This is just a result of personal preference, but again Gopro gave me the okay on this method. He just said don't go more than two weeks in a row doing the same routine because your body will start to adapt.

Back