• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

reduced calories and leptin

swimgirl089

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
if one were to reduce their calories, no matter how much reduced, then go to eating normal the next day, would the leptin levels change b/c of that one day, or would it take more than one day at a reduced calorie level to affect them? Also, would the leptin drop faster if the calories were reduced to a larger extent, even for one day? thank you

It would depend on your level of leanness. The leaner you are the faster your leptin levels fall.

I believe that preceeding 7days hypocaloric, ones leptin levels fall as much as 50%. For one day, Im not sure. Although 1 days worth of maintenance eating I dont feel boost leptin back to normal range. One must actaully overfeed, preferably in the form of carbohydrates.

how much over maintenance calories would i have to go in order to get leptin back up?

More than you think. Read the Refeed & Leptin article at the top of this forum. That may help you out.

In order to raise leptin you need to actually spill over your glycogen stores.

ok, i read it, but if my calorie defecit was only for every other day, my "refeeds" wouldn't necessarily be 25-50% over maintenance right?, b/c i don't think my body would have adjusted that soon.

How much of a caloric deficit are you talking about?

well...lets say 500 and maybe going like 2 days maintenace and then -500 again, so it would be 1 low day, 2 normal days

At only a 500 caloric defecit I wouldn't worry about Leptin and refeeding after 1 day. You would be fine to do a 500 deficit and then maintenance for 2 days.

IML Gear Cream!
that's good to hear, but what about a higher calorie defecit, like 1000, and then eating " normal for 2 days and then back down again. Would my body fight the defecit the next time i do it b/c of the first time or would my body have forgotten about it.

another thing....what if, after the very low calorie day, i eat a lot in a few hours ( eating the same amount as a normal day, but clumping a few meals together, so in a sense, my body would have to run over into my fat cells ) would that work?, b/c i read your thing and it said some people consume a lot in a few hours and that seems to work.

How bout you answer me this first..............Why are you doing this? Why would you want to go to a 1000 deficit in one day. Do you really think that is going to speed up fatloss?

well..i really wasn't figuring to go to 1000 calories, i just wanted to know what happens to the leptin... i was wanted to go like a 500 calorie deficit and then exercise ( another 200-300 calories ) and am wondering if leptin is affected the same way even though the last 300 calories came from exercise and not by eating less. That is what i wanted to do, every other day b/c yes i thought by have a 600-700 deficit ( only 500 caused by decreased intake) would bring me fat loss faster.

i thought of another question and i hope someone knows the answer....if one were to reduce the calories every other day, then, the days they go to maintenance, the do light lifting ( high reps/low weight) and go into a little deficit b/c of the workout, does that affect the metabolism b/c there i guess would always be a deficit, even though the deficit was small on the workout day on normal calories?

Back