• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Brown or white?

Skyliner

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For my post workout meal, will it be better to eat brown rice or white rice? Also, what about whole wheat or white bread? Which is better?

There is always debates about post cycle meals but i will always say brown is better below is GI for brown and white breads etc the same applys to rice! As you can see white is high GI and brown is low GI

Food Name/GI
Breads, Bagel, 1 white/72
Breads, Bürgen(tm) Oat Bran & Honey Loafwith Barley, 1 slice/31
Breads, Bürgen(tm) Soy-Lin, soy & linseed loaf,1 slice/36
Breads, Bürgen(tm) Fruit Loaf 1 slice/44
Breads, Bürgen(tm) Mixed Grain 1 slice/34
Breads, Dark rye, Blackbread, 1 slice/76
Breads, Dark rye, Schinkenbröt, 1 slice/86
Breads, French baguette/95
Breads, Fruit loaf, dense continental style, 1 slice/47
Breads, Fruit 'n' Spice loaf (Buttercup), 2 slices/54

Lower the glycemic level the better, hope this helps

Post workout absolutely go with WHITE rice...at all other times, go with brown.

After a workout you want a high GI carb to raise insulin levels and drive aminos, carbs, creatine, glutamine, etc., right into your muscles. A great meal at this time would be whey protein plus the rice.

After a workout you want a high GI carb to raise insulin levels and drive aminos, carbs, creatine, glutamine, etc., right into your muscles. A great meal at this time would be whey protein plus the rice.

I totally agree with this as i said there is always debates about carbs having low GI in the day and High GI after training! But it is all debatable! Basically after training you can pretty much eat what you like you body is in a good state! As gopro says glutomine is great to get into the body but again should only really be taken on an empty stomach so it is best to plan post workout meals! Eg take the glutomine straight after training then wait maximum of half hour for the protein carbs meal!

Ms figure...true about the glutamine unless in the form of peptides. Glutamine in peptide form can be taken with protein and absorbed completely, unlike l-glutamine. You can either buy a peptide supplement, or, there are several MRP's and protein powders that contain them.

Back