• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Drop sets

SKINSFAN

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The way I understand it drop sets are heavier weights lower reps to begin your sets and reducing the weight and increasing the reps with each set.Is this correct? and is it the best approach at hypertrophy?
confused.gif
Pugsley.gif

------------------
GO SKINS !!!

The way I understand Drop sets is to start with a wight you can do like 4 to 6 reps to failure, then DROP the weight and pump out say another 6 reps with a lighter weight.

I like doing these for bicep curls.

(I might be wrong here, always getting drop sets and strip sets mixed up, damn dyslexia
smile.gif
)

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

<font size="1">[This message has been edited by Scotty the Body (edited 06-02-2001).]</font>

Low and behold, that is a dropset.
smile.gif

------------------
"Success will not lower its standard to us, we must raise are standard to success."

It is basically the same concept, just known by various names:strip sets,drop sets,descending sets.There are many variations you can do.If you want to emphasize size and strength, you would want to do your first set for low reps(1-5),then reduce the weight in small increments so you can get 1-3 additional reps for every following set.Strength or neurological adaptions occur when the time under tension is kept relatively short so you don't want to do too many reps.If you are just after hypertrophy your first set could be anywhere from 6-12 reps then reduce the weight and continue.As for the best approach to hypertrophy, I think it just depends on the individual and how they respond to different training stimulus.

------------------
matt toupalik

Originally posted by ballast:
It is basically the same concept, just known by various names:strip sets,drop sets,descending sets.There are many variations you can do.If you want to emphasize size and strength, you would want to do your first set for low reps(1-5),then reduce the weight in small increments so you can get 1-3 additional reps for every following set.Strength or neurological adaptions occur when the time under tension is kept relatively short so you don't want to do too many reps.If you are just after hypertrophy your first set could be anywhere from 6-12 reps then reduce the weight and continue.As for the best approach to hypertrophy, I think it just depends on the individual and how they respond to different training stimulus.

Excellent post ballast!

There are many terms that describe a particular exercise or technique and the more experience you have, the more you will know these different terms. For example, lying tricep extensions, skull crushers, and nose breaker are all the same thing.

------------------
If you build it they will come

Back