• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

what brands of sugar substitutes to use?

mit37

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I read that too much sugar substitutes can spike ur insulin because most of them have dextrose and maltodextrin. Being aware of this I looked through many brands of sugar subs and I see that they do have these ingredients. Are there sugar subs without these ingredients. Also should I be wary of drinking too many diet drinks since they use sugar subs.

I use liquid stevia extract, it doesn't have maltodextrin or anything, you should give that a try. I wouldn't be overly concerned with the amount you sugar substitutes you are getting from diet sodas unless you are drinking large quantities every day.

Dude sugar substitutes have like, what, 0.5g of dextrose/maltodextrin per packet? That's hardly anywhere near enough to spike your insulin. I use Sugar Twin now because it's cheap, and don't experience any negative results

Peace.

anyone knows if there are any side effects to taking succralose ( spell?)? I've read horror stories even about splenda on the net, which of course may or may not be true....but still :scared: ...?

If the studies you read have been written by Mercola, disregard them
:laugh:

Peace.

cool thanx...can i get the liquid stevia at the supermarket??

Probably, it's not with the other sugar substitutes though b/c it hasn't been approved by the FDA as a sugar substitute. I buy it at Kroger and it is in there health food aisle with the organic foods and natural peanut butter.

Premo55 said:
If the studies you read have been written by Mercola, disregard them
:laugh:

Peace.

hey premo why Mercola? :confused: have they been spaming you with their newsletter or somethign?

Probably because the guy is an overzealous freak. He takes things beyond the extreme and represents the epitome of OCD.

I read his stuff and take what he says with a grain of salt. Its not bad just obsessive.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
right jodi, so you use splenda regularly and have no problems with it? splenda is succralose right? I can't get splenda here, but we have a local brand.. i figure any succralose is succralose... :)

Yes, I use Splenda without any issues :)

Back