• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

my routine, tear it apart

VivaLaRocket81

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey ive been having trouble with getting a good routine, soo heres my new and improved routine, i dont work the back any becouse the only back exercise is deadlifts, and i heard that they can screw ur back up...tell me what yall think....

Monday - off-abs
Tuesday - Legs/Triceps
Wednesday - Chest/Biceps
Thursday - off-abs
Friday - Legs/Shoulders
Saturday - off
Sunday - off-abs

Chest
Flat Bench Press 3 sets-6 reps
Inclined Bench Press 3 sets-6 reps

Biceps
Barbell Curls 5 sets-10 reps
Reverse Barbell Curls 5 sets-10 reps

Shoulders
Lateral Raises 5 sets-10 reps

Legs
Squats 3 sets-6 reps
Power Clean 3 sets-6 reps

Triceps
Tricep Curls 5 sets-10 reps

What do you mean the only back exercise is deadlifts?

You can screw up your back doing any of this stuff if you aren't careful. Deadlifts are a great exercise.

You need some back work in there....pull ups, pull downs, row, etc..

First of all, deadlifts are not the only back exercise. Second of all, they will only screw up your back if you do them completely wrong. Do deadlifts. I will tell you right now that deadlifts are one of the best exercises you can do. Almost nothing is more compound. Also consider bent rows, DB rows, and wide chinups. All of the aforementioned exercises, except deadlifts, will also work your biceps.

Chest: You should do more sets. I say 8-10 sets should be sufficient. Maybe you only need to do 6 sets, but I have a feeling you can get away with more. You might want to try dips or flys.

Biceps: Do less. You aren't working your back yet you are doing 10 sets for your biceps? Your biceps aren't going to grow crazily out of proportion with the rest of your body. I would say 5-7 sets is probably sufficient for your biceps, especially if you do a decent back day.

Shoulders: You could get away with more here too. 6-9 sets is probably good for your shoulders. Also, do more than one movement. Military press should definitely be on your list.

Legs: Power cleans are okay, but that incorporates a lot of back. I would say do a lot more for your legs and scratch power cleans. Do at least another 3 sets for your quads beyond squats (Lunges, one-legged squats, leg extensions, etc.). As well get a good 6 sets or so in for your hamstrings. Romanian deadlifts, straight-legged deadlifts, good mornings, hyper-extensions, and leg curls are all good exercises. You probably want to do a little calf work too. I only do two sets because I naturally have pretty nice calves and play a lot of basketball, but a lot of people require 6-10 sets for their calves to see growth. If you still want to split legs up, then you could do quads one day and hamstrings the other with a little calves on both days.

Triceps: I don't know what tricep curls are, but I think you should get CG bench press in there somewhere. 5 sets is about good, but you should include more than one movement.

legs should have their own day. if you are training them properly you shouldn't have the energy to train another body part...

theres a lot you can do for your back. when i do back, i do the following:

wide-grip cable row (3 sets)
lat pulldowns (3 sets)
bent-over rows (3 sets)
good mornings (3 sets)

:)

Speaking of back exercises, what are some good ones besides deadlifts and bent over rows if all you have are free weights and no machines?

see my post 5 posts above this one. don't forget you can also do bent-over rows with dumbbells with one knee up on a bench. those are good too. go to that exrx site and take a look, theres a ton there.

IML Gear Cream!
DimebagDarrell said:
see my post 5 posts above this one. don't forget you can also do bent-over rows with dumbbells with one knee up on a bench. those are good too. go to that exrx site and take a look, theres a ton there.
Those are different from bent-over rows. You can do bent-over rows with two dumbells in the same position as you would with a barbell too. The one-armed dumbell row you speak of hits your lats better.

yeah, i didnt know the exact name. db rows, whatever, i tried describing it :)

I agree with LAM. When I do a solid leg workout with Squats, Leg Press and the whole nine, theres no way I can do another body part even half assed.

Back