• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Quitting Cigarettes + weight gain

Predator

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone here know the actual facts about why most people put on weight when quitting cigarettes, Is it that people are bored and tend to eat, or is there something to deal with metabolism. I just wanna know the facts before I quit, because I wanna try to counter the weight gain and do whatever I can not to put on lbs.

Nicotine increases your metabolism. It also provides satiety so you don't eat as much. You are much more likey to find a smoker smoking a cigarrette after dinner than eating dessert. If you are trying to quit, try the nicotine patch. Good luck.

There is an article at Avant that I'll link here as soon as I find it ;)

I quit 3 years ago and i didn't gain any weight after. I used nicotine chewing gums....NICORETTE 4 mg for about 1.5 months.....

Everything starts in your head.....when you have stuff in your head under control everything else is peace of cake....
;)

You'll gain the weight if you decide to. All the products out there.. the patch, gum, etc. only work if you really want to quit. I tried all of the above, never made it.

Finally a year & half ago (December 2002) , I finally decided I was done - quit cold turkey, joined a gym & LOST 30 lbs by November 2003.

It's all about what you put into it. Most people quit & lay around. Like Jodi said, your metabolism may slow down, but that's no excuse to put 10+ pounds. You're responsible for any weight gain.. not quitting smoking.

First couple weeks were tough, but once you've made the decision, you can get through it. Now smoking makes me sick...

I'm so health conscience now, but it sucks to think that my lungs are still black after smoking for 6 years. :suicide:

busylivin, you quit 2 months before me! :thumb:

From personal experience I think it's just that a person quitting smokes, suddenly doesn't know what to do with their hands and mouth anymore, dunno if you get what I mean... When I quit, my hand was constantly in a peanuts bowl! :laugh: Thankfully it went only for a while.

dalila said:
busylivin, you quit 2 months before me! :thumb:

From personal experience I think it's just that a person quitting smokes, suddenly doesn't know what to do with their hands and mouth anymore, dunno if you get what I mean... When I quit, my hand was constantly in a peanuts bowl! :laugh: Thankfully it went only for a while.
That's why the key to quitting smoking is taking up underwater sex. It gives you something to do with your hands and mouth. And you can't light them damn cigarettes under water.

I quit in January 2003 ... almost a year and a half ago ...

I didn't gain weight. But I also read that because of the oral fixation, people eat more, as well as a craving for sweets. So I conciously tried to curve that ...

I think it's one of the best decisions I ever made :) ... you should quit regardless. Even if you fvcked it all up and put on 25 lbs you'd still be more healthy in the long run.

Back