• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Quaker 1 minute oats vs. Quaker Regular Oats?

Yes, the 1 minute stuff is over processed. Regular rolled oats only takes 3 mins. in the microwave and they are much better for you.

DAMN i JUST BOUGHT A MONTH SUPPLY OF MINUTE OATS.

That's funny...I did the same thing when I first came to this site.

They are still in my cabinet over a year later.

I'M TO CHEAP to spend the 1.75 for the regular oats I will eat them. They are still healthy. maybe I'll make some cookies to help get rid of them

Yup, I pay 39 cents a pound :)

I don't even cook the three minute oats for three minutes. I like them semi-raw. It's sort of like how I prefer al dente pasta. Maybe it has something to do with the Italian in me.

Health food stores in Wichtia are rediculous I have seen oats for 3.99 a lb here. No Lie, they really try to rip people off in KS

IML Gear Cream!
Jodi said:
Yes, the 1 minute stuff is over processed. Regular rolled oats only takes 3 mins. in the microwave and they are much better for you.
are you referring to the quick oats or the instant oats? The only thing in the quick oats are 100% rolled oats

Sadly,

Jodi is right. Is it so hard to wait 2 more minutes for the regular oats to cook???

It doesn't make that much of a difference, just finish the quick oats and get the old-fashioned next time. As long as you're eating the quick oats with a good portion of lean protein I believe you will be fine, they're the same thing, just shredded up into smaller bits.

Peace.

Yea can someone explain why regular oats are better then the 1 min? I mean its the exact same ingrediant just look like they put it in a blender. Some people, like me, dont care about the extra time but I like the texture better with the 1 min Oats. Plus the regular Oats bubble up spilling all over my microwave :(

JoeR. said:
Yea can someone explain why regular oats are better then the 1 min? I mean its the exact same ingrediant just look like they put it in a blender. Some people, like me, dont care about the extra time but I like the texture better with the 1 min Oats. Plus the regular Oats bubble up spilling all over my microwave :(
The one minute oats are processed, that's how they cook faster. Processed foods breaks down faster, that's why the regular oats are better and the steel-cuts oats even better.

The regular oats don't bubble up if you have the right amount of water.

Pepper said:
The one minute oats are processed, that's how they cook faster. Processed foods breaks down faster, that's why the regular oats are better and the steel-cuts oats even better.

The regular oats don't bubble up if you have the right amount of water.
aren't the instant oats just the ones that are processed?

You all are confusing them, here ya go:

Regular = cook time around 3min
1min = same as regular but cook fast, only ingrediant rolled oats; cook time around 2 min
instant = come in little packets with sugar, add water and heat for 1 min.

1min = same as regular but cook fast, only ingrediant rolled oats; cook time around 2 min
same ingredients yes....but the are processed, they are pressed so that they can cook in a shorter amount of time. this takes them away from their natural state and raises the glycemic index of them since they are broken down faster, like pepper said. how much of a difference does it make? Who the hell knows??

well one of the main reasons you're having the oatmeal is because it's a slow burning starchy carb that will help you control your insulin levels. Besides the fact that it's healthy as all hell.

So having the processed fast digesting kind of oatmeal kinda defeats the purpose of you choosing oats in the first place, doesn't it?

If you're just switching the way you eat, you'll get results regardless. Once your body adjusts, eating as cleanly as possible will only help you maximize your results.

IML Gear Cream!
Determination said:
well one of the main reasons you're having the oatmeal is because it's a slow burning starchy carb that will help you control your insulin levels. Besides the fact that it's healthy as all hell.

So having the processed fast digesting kind of oatmeal kinda defeats the purpose of you choosing oats in the first place, doesn't it?

If you're just switching the way you eat, you'll get results regardless. Once your body adjusts, eating as cleanly as possible will only help you maximize your results.
true but I often wonder how much it matters with the 1min. oats. I mean I eat the regular oats because i like the taste of them better. But you are not eating the oats by themself. They are included in a meal with protein and fat (I hope) which is going to slow down the insulin response anyway so again, is it that big a deal if one were to use the 1min. oats? Who knows?

So if you put regular oats in a shake and they get chopped up they are not as good for you? I am so confused. Should I just put the oats in the shake without processing them in the blender?

cjrmack said:
So if you put regular oats in a shake and they get chopped up they are not as good for you? I am so confused. Should I just put the oats in the shake without processing them in the blender?
No, they are fine

OK..let me take a stab at this and one of the mod's of this forum can correct me...but when food manufactures "process" food, they essentially remove alot of the fiber. This is what makes the food cook faster. Unfortunately, it makes the food "burn" faster in your stomach.

So "processing" food by the manufacture and processing it in a blender at home are not the same thing at all. When you put it in the blender, no fiber is being taken out. I guess you could argue that by increasing the "surface area" of the oats, you may be raising the GI...but that's just getting ridiculous. :)

I agree with Funk 200%, I ate one minute oats for an entire month and it made no consequence to me, but I just like the thicker texture of the old-fashioned more. The GI is kind of overrated, considering the fact that you are eating a meal with lean protein and fat, which will slow the digestion and breakdown of the carbohydrate anyway. Also, it is not true that fiber is lost in one minute oats. Look at the quaker packages for minute oats and old-fashioned oats- they are exactly the same. They don't strip the bran from the minute oats at all.

Peace.

I buy the %100 Natural Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal as opposed to the 1min stuff. I don't think it's as good for you as the %100 Old Fashioned Oatmeal is & it's not much different in price.

Did you even bother to read any of the thread....

Johnnny said:
I buy the %100 Natural Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal as opposed to the 1min stuff. I don't think it's as good for you as the %100 Old Fashioned Oatmeal is & it's not much different in price.

Joe

Did you even bother to read any of the thread....
Duh, that's why I gave my opinion about it just like everyone else has here.

Am I not allowed to give my opinion or say what I eat just as everyone else?

You are, but as you can see we were trying to base it on fact.

JoeR.

You are, but as you can see we were trying to base it on fact.
& from what I can see most ppl think the 1min oatmeal is processed therefore not as good as the %100 natural old fashioned oatmeal.

Here is a quote from Jodi for example about 1min oatmeal being processed & not as good for you:

My opinion still stands that the %100 natural old fashioned oatmeal is much better for you.

Back