• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Crappy genetics/true hard gainer

UTURN

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm tired of my body and want to change it.My diet wont gain me any weight (3000 cals a day) (150 grms protien a day ) . I eat and eat with no results.I was working out about 4 months ago before I tore a shoulder muscle .I had a 14 lb gain in 2 months,then the injury.Is more protien the answer in supplement drinks?

I would defenitly try and get more protein!

You tore a shoulder muscle 4 months ago. be patient

Welcome to the club

Hi UTURN,

As a fellow hard gainer, I can share what works for me.

1. Be grateful. If you were planning to be 300+ pounds of muscle, let that dream go, or start buying steriods in bulk. But otherwise, if you have a high metabolism and a lean body type then all-in-all I consider that a blessing. You get to eat lots of food, you get the health benefits of low body fat, the muscle you do gain will show, and chicks dig six-packs.

2. Be patient. 14 lbs in two months is a lot!

2.5 Avoid future injury. Consistency is far more important than quick gains. Development of bone density and tendon/ligament strength trail muscular development by several months. So even though you may have shot up 50lbs on your bench over a couple months, your elbow and shoulder joints need a little time to catch up.

3. Eat more. As funk said, you should eat more protein. But depening on your weight, 3000 cals may still not be enough.

4. Don't overtrain. I used to train each bodypart twice a week on a three day split. So six days a week in the gym, one day off. I cut that in half - 3 days a week, still a three day split - and my strength shot up. Recovering fully also means plenty of sleep.

5. Lift Heavy. Yes, following this rule can bring you close to breaking number 2. But 2 has to come first. Heavy means heavy for you, not anyone else. If you can't use good form, the weight is too heavy. If you have to "cheat" on the last rep or two, that is fine - but it is still better to get a spotter and go to absolute failure with good form and the help of a spotter. Heavy also means heavy for your weakest bodypart. So if your pecs can handle 225 on bench but your shoulder starts aching at 195. Stick with 190 until your shoulder catches up.

Take care of the shoulder and best of luck!

-W

Since when is 14 lbs in 2 months hard gaining? That's over 1.5 lbs. a week, don't be greedy.

3000 calories and 150g protein isn't much. 99% of us are "true hard gainers," I know I am.

One of my favorite quotes:
there is nothing more frustrating than being injured and not being able to train or having to train around injuries. dont take it for granted, it is a privelage to lift.

I think the 14 lbs wasnt all muscle gain because in those 2 months i was eating good food with high cals and protien for that time before i got hurt. so im sure some gain was fat.remember i'm 6 foot 140 lbs soak in wet.thats how ive been for 8 years.one day i decited to change that and started lifting and eating .i also cut out all my junk food (sodas,sweet pastries,etc..)and my calorie was at 3000-3500.

Does anyone think i should get some more help for my protien and calorie in take with shakes ? because its just hard for me to eat 6 meals a day evenly spaced out that contain more than 3000-3500 cal 150 pro.If so what brand or type.

one mor ething I know noone here is a doctor but when i went in for a phsycal for my job they said i had high protien in my urin and that was nt normal,they didnt tell me why it was there.maybe im pissing away all my bodybuilding protiens before my muscles can use it

UTURN said:
I think the 14 lbs wasnt all muscle gain because in those 2 months i was eating good food with high cals and protien for that time before i got hurt.
Completely natural to gain some fat and water with your "gains," otherwise we'd all be ripped.

If you had protein in your urine that would mean some kidney damage- maybe he meant nitrogen and he may be implying that your either eating too much protein, which is not the case- or you are tearing down a lot muscle- If someone else could confirm this that would be good- eat more protein sounds like the right Rx, and sleep as much as you can- I have roughly 3 protein shakes a day, sometimes more- in addition to my meals.

Mudge said:
99% of us are "true hard gainers," I know I am.
This is so true. Virtually EVERYONE is a hard gainer. Fact is, the human body resists putting on muscle mass.

IML Gear Cream!
Be patient & consistent

derikisdman was right. 14 lbs in two months is great. If you are 140 and gaining on 3000-3500 cals, but need more, then eat more. I didn't gain until my diet was closer to 3800 cals a day, and I am smaller than you.

Regarding protein in your urine: I am not positive about this, but I read somewhere that the body can only absorb so many nutrients at a time. Sadly, I beleive it is a low percentage of what most lifters actually feed themselves. (Much like we can only/should only eat so much at one time). No doubt you are probably pissing/pooping a lot. Rest assured, the body will feed itself whatever it takes to recover, and adapt to the stresses you have placed on it.

I have just come to accept this as part of the bodybuilding process. Flooding your muscles with protein and other nutrients like we do, whatever isn't absorbed and used has to come out somewhere, somehow. It's part of the body resisting growth. It takes something like 3000 calories just to add one pound of muscle.

Dont overtrain.
Dont rely too heavily on shakes. (ex.- I have one 32 oz shake a day, and try to limit it to that)
Be consistent. Be patient.
Good luck - P.

Back