• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I love the 90's thread

Shae

finding peace
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Since "I love the 90's" comes on VH1 on 7/12 I figure I start a thread about it. See what you can remember from 1990 all the way to 1999. Lets take the years one at a time. Starting with 1990.

(from vh1.com)
If any of these phrases ring a bell: "I've fallen and I can't get up!," "Who killed Laura Palmer?," "Homey don't play that!," "Coolness, sirs.," then you'll want to "stop, collaborate and listen" to I Love 1990 - the year that kicked off last decade of the 20th century! Don't stay Home Alone with Macaulay, bring all your Goodfellas and let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

In 1990, Linda, Christie, Naomi, Tatjana and Cindy put the "super" in "supermodels" with their steamy performance in George Michael's "Freedom 90" video. And speaking of supermodels, how hot was Claudia Schiffer in her Guess jeans?

In 1990, pretty women ruled supreme. Does the name Julia Roberts sound familiar? Her turn as a hooker with a heart of gold in Pretty Woman made her one of the hottest stars in Hollywood. And speaking of hot, who can forget Henry & June, the movie so raunchy that the MPAA had to create the NC-17 rating!

Because "nothing compares, nothing compares to yoooooooooooooooooooooou." Thanks, Sinead. Not a problem!

Parker Lewis showed us how to maintain "coolness" during those tough high school years. But was he as cool as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? Will Smith took his Fresh Prince persona from the rap world to the small screen in 1990. But if Homey don't play that, then how about David Alan Grier, the Wayans, Jamie Foxx and Jim Carrey cracking us up on In Living Color?

Meanwhile, thanks to David Lynch, we were all wondering who killed Laura Palmer?
The chilling (not to mention often confusing) Twin Peaks kept us guessing what was going to go down next in that crazy town. Dancing midgets? Tibetan technique? Someone pass me a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee.

And if David Lynch's world wasn't wacky enough for you.how about Tim Burton's? Edward Scissorhands gave us Johnny Depp in a fright wig, Winona in a blond wig and a brief comeback by Anthony Michael Hall. If you're looking for the supernatural, check out Demi and Patrick in Ghost. Remember the pottery scene? "Oohhhh, my loooove, my darlin', I've hungered for your touch."

And Mayor Marion Barry of DC hungered for crack. Oooops! Try not to get busted next time, Mr. Mayor. And if you're Roseanne Barr, try not to offend the entire country with your rendition of the National Anthem at a Padres game. Keep your hands above your waist, Rosie!

In 1990, Michael Bolton crooned "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You?," and Hammer told us "U Can't Touch This!", Wilson Phillips begged us to "Hold On" for one more day and we all found out that "Groove is in the Heart" thanks to Dee-lite.

So come on, pack up your Polly Pocket dolls, pile on your snap bracelets, do the Humpty Hump and join Special Agent Dale Cooper in celebrating the first year of the decade that brought us grunge, the internet and the antics of Brenda, Kelly, Dylan and Brandon. 1990!

Shae said:
Since "I love the 90's" comes on VH1 on 7/12 I figure I start a thread about it. See what you can remember from 1990 all the way to 1999. Lets take the years one at a time. Starting with 1990.

(from vh1.com)
If any of these phrases ring a bell: "I've fallen and I can't get up!,"

Oh my lord! It's the clapper! No. Its the whitle or beeper that old f*cks with one-foot in the grave wear!

married with children!!!!!!!!!

God I hate(d) the 90s......the 80s were/are my favorite era.

the 80's is the one decade I wish would dissappear......except of course 1980

btw.....I would have rocked peg's world.......yep....

I kept wandering why my mom was swooning over Richard Gere when he was in Pretty Woman. I was like "Mommy, who is that bozo?" :laugh:

And then, I had friggin nightmares after I saw Edward Scissorhands. :eek: I had nightmares that he would cut me bald. :cry:

(vh1.com)
1991 was the year of grunge. With the invasion of the Seattle music scene, bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden soon became the mainstream. But it wasn???t just the music that changed a generation, it was the fashion, the grunge look! Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain inspired a generation of young fans to don dark, depressing colors, flannel tops and as much stubble and hair as they could muster.

There was another sound prevailing in the early nineties too, a smart mix of rap and funk. From Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch???s ???Good Vibrations??? to Naughty By Nature???s ???O.P.P.???, this sound was beginning to take shape in a major way. By the way, what the hell did O.P.P stand for anyway?

And let???s not forget about the goofy cowboy who came out of nowhere to rock the 90s, Garth Brooks. Before his arrival, it was practically inconceivable for a country artist to go multi-platinum.

1991 also brought us one of the decade???s greatest movie sequels, Arnold Schwarzenegger???s Terminator 2: Judgement Day, which also marked the big screen debut for co-star Edward Furlong. There were also several break out performances including Oscar winner Cuba Gooding Jr. in the John Singleton smash Boyz N the Hood, hunky Keanu Reeves turned FBI agent in Point Break, Wesley Snipes as a big time drug dealer in New Jack City and Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise. Hello Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis! Billy Crystal hit ???em with a bunch of laughs in the gun slinging City Slickers and we played Truth or Dare with music legend Madonna. By the way, we???re still trying to figure out who shot JFK? But the year???s best went to Sir Anthony Hopkins in the smash Silence of the Lambs. Dinner is served!

Turning to the small screen, 1991 marked the year that a certain zip code gained huge popularity. Beverly Hills 90210 took off with a bang, landing cast members on every major magazine cover???they even their own dolls! The year also brought us great shows like Herman???s Head and Family Matters. Erkelmania hits primetime!

1991 also had it???s share of scandal???from the Clarence Thomas hearings to Paul Reuben (aka Pee Wee Herman) getting caught doing you know what in a Florida adult
theater. I don???t think Pee Wee???s laughing now!

And when America wanted to cheer, we turned to the hardwood to see the NBA???s greatest player ever, Michael Jordan and his Chicago Bulls win their first ever NBA Championship. We also witnessed one of the biggest let downs in Super Bowl history as Buffalo Bills kicker Scott Norwood???s last second kick sails wide right to hand the New York Giants their 2nd Super Bowl in 5 years. Sorry Scott!

So slip on your Bugle Boy???s and come take a spin on your rollerblades???this is 1991!

To tell you the truth, I still had no idea Mark Wallberg was in the Funky Bunch. :laugh:

god i loved the 90s..one thing i remember specifically was the music...Hip hop emerged in the 80s but in the 90s Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube ,NWA, Dre, Snoop, Scarface, KRS and others turned it into a craze..Shit was a lot cheaper, especially gas. I watched Fresh Prince of Bel-Air everyday after school. u mentioned Mark Wahlberg.Yeah, I loved watching him in all those movies.ANyone hear ever watch Fear?I still watch it to this day.oh man u're gonna get my crying so i gotta stop now..peace

Hanz29 said:
the 80's is the one decade I wish would dissappear......
Yeah, its definately not for everyone. Similarly I wish the 60s would disappear. Buncha goofball radical liberalism just for the sake of being different came out then. Im not saying a lot of them werent serious, but as in all cases the majority were just on the bandwagon for the ride.

Shae said:
1991 was the year of grunge. With the invasion of the Seattle music scene, bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden soon became the mainstream. But it wasn???t just the music that changed a generation, it was the fashion, the grunge look! Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain inspired a generation of young fans to don dark, depressing colors, flannel tops and as much stubble and hair as they could muster.
Probably THE MAIN REASON that I hate the 90s. As a musician, grunge is one of the most idiotic forms of music to ever come out. Made stars out of people who could just strum stupidly on a set of six strings. No real discipline or coherency in that style. "I dont do solos because they lack soul"......yeah right mutherfuker, its because you CANT!

But similarly, other musicians such as Andres Segovia and like minded people think metal is the most idiotic. Hell Segovia doesnt even consider the electric guitar a real guitar. So its all personal taste in the end, really. Plenty of room in this world for everyone.

oaktownboy said:
Hip hop emerged in the 80s but in the 90s Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube ,NWA, Dre, Snoop, Scarface, KRS and others turned it into a craze..
Yeah...these were some very good highlights of the 90s. I guess it really isnt as bad as I thought.

IML Gear Cream!
Hanz29 said:
married with children!!!!!!!!!
amen :thumbs:

That show (with some help from Howard Stern & Simpsons) is responsible for my twisted sense of humor........and love of whores. :yes:

(from vh1.com)
Think you've forgotten 1992? Ex-squeeze me? Wayne's World hit it big (We're not worthy!) and underdogs had their day. Ross Perot demonstrated that short, squeaky billionaires could make a run for the presidency, and make pretty charts too. Chris Elliott hit the primetime jackpot playing himself, a thirty-something paperboy living with his folks who needs to Get a Life!

And then there was the Dream Team '92 Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. American basketball pros take on the world but come on weren't you secretly rooting for those pint-sized Croatians.

The scandals of today seem trivial in comparison to the tabloid terrors of `92...Joey Buttafuoco and Amy Fischer make Long Island a laughing stock, while Woody Allen lives out his movie fantasies, romancing his adopted daughter Soon Yi. If that wasn't enough, Madonna released Sex and...ho, hum, we only read it for the writing. Right Said Fred provided the anthem of 1992, "I'm too Sexy," and The Real World launched a trend of television voyeurism: This is the true story...of seven strangers...

I Love You, You Love Me...Barney became the dinosaur adults loved to hate. Whitney Houston made The Bodyguard, crooning, "IIIIIIIIII will always love YOUUUUUUUUUUUU" forever in debt to her lifesaver Kevin Costner. Now that's wack.

Lest we forget Billy Ray Cyrus, who danced a mean two-step and wore a killer mullet, while engaging us with that endearing ditty: "Don't Break My Heart, My Achy Breaky Heart". What about that other heartthrob Fabio...the man who was the living face of the romance novel. Dreamy.

There were a few women to watch out for in 92. Sharon Stone opened her legs and America embraced her Basic Instinct. Single White Female taught an important lesson about kicking out the roommate when the puppy slips out the window, or she'll sleep with your boyfriend and impale him with her pump.

Arrested Development took over the airwaves along with Sir Mix-A-Lot who put the booty on a pedestal with "Baby Got Back." Rapping pre-teens Kris Kross pioneered the backward fashion trend and made us "Jump." Mortal Kombat made us jumpy, and so did Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs, with a colorful criminal gang on a botched job that leads to a bloodbath.

Then there were Dan and Dave who made the big stakes Reebok ad campaign until Dan didn't qualify for the Olympics. Ren and Stimpy made cartoons into cults with the insane Chihuahua and his "eediot" sidekick cat while Murphy Brown took on our "eediot" sidekick VP Dan Quayle.

Oh, and about I Love 1992...she tested very high on the stroke-ability scale.

I can honestly say Real World opened the doors for the reality show explosion. ;)

And oh yeahhhhhhhh. (slaps self in the head) so thats where we discovered the mullet! Billy Ray Cyrus! :laugh:

The 90's are over? Shit...I need to get out more.

I wish the eighties were over.

No. Please. It was twenty-plus years ago, eighties retro is no longer cool. Remember, eighties kids, when you'd roll your eyes at the sixties rock'n'roll on the radio? Yeah. Like that. We are the old farts now.

The 90s? This list confirms the impression I had at the time that much of the nineties was really, really obnoxious.

(vh1.com)
Let's take a trip in the "way back machine", shall we? All the way back to 1993! It was a glorious time to be alive. Dinosaurs were back from the dead, soccer players were eating each other and the FBI was hot on the trail of little green men. How can you NOT love 1993?

Steven Spielberg ruled the box office with his smash hit Jurassic Park and moviegoers everywhere learned just how deadly extinct dinosaurs could be. Those who couldn't get a ticket to Jurassic Park were sure to check out the 'taste good' movie of the year: Alive. Whether you were a dinosaur or a Brazilian soccer player, human flesh was all the rage in '93. But let's not forget the movie with the million dollar question: Would you let you wife sleep with another man for $1 million bucks? Demi Moore, Woody Harrrelson, and a wrinkly Robert Redford got down and dirty in Indecent Proposal.

On the small screen, 1993 saw the debut of two of the FBI's most famous agents, Mulder and Scully. One a believer and the other a skeptic, Fox Mulder and Dana Scully made the X-Files must see TV for anyone interested in ghosts, aliens, monsters and the paranormal. Meanwhile, Martin Lawrence was making a name for himself and making everyone else laugh with his hit sitcom Martin and we all got a taste of life in the old frontier courtesy of that sexy Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

If grunge wasn't your thing, 1993 was the year for you. Most of the country was wearing flannels as Dr Dre and Snoop dog were taking the rap world by storm. And aging rockers Aerosmith were enjoying a resurgence of popularity courtesy of their hot young video star Alicia Silverstone who starred in 3 of their videos that year.

But not everything was a hit in 1993. There were a few misses, too. The United States screwed up big time when it mishandled that little situation in Waco, Texas. Crystal Pepsi debuted and promptly sank faster than the Titanic, and John Wayne Bobbit woke up one morning to find himself half the man he used to be.

All this, plus Beavis and Butthead! The Fugitive! Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Girls in bee costumes! And a lost dude named "Waldo."

Crystal Pepsi? Huh? Who knows about this?

And back in 93, me and my brother would watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and then kick each other's ass. :laugh: Mom was so pissed at us!:lol:

Mama always said "Stupid Is As Stupid Does." And 1994 was proof that America loves an idiot. Jim Carrey ruled the box office with not one, not two, but three rubber-faced classics (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, and Dumb & Dumber). Seinfeld became Master Of Its Domain, proving that even a show about nothing can own primetime, and Tanya Harding taught us all the painful lesson that "Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win".

But '94 was not all folly. John Travolta danced his way back into our hearts as stone cold Hit-man Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, while Ace of Base proved that ABBA isn't the only Swedish Super-group. George Foreman "knocked out the fat" to become the oldest heavyweight champion EVER at the ripe age of 45 and Woodstock returned Gen-X style for "Another 2 Days of Peace and Music" (Oh, yeah and let's not forget mud!)

While Gen-X'ers related to Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke, there was always a place where reality didn't bite. Melrose Place became the guiltiest address on TV. Meanwhile, a new breed of sex symbol hit the tube, bringing in the men of NYPD Blue to conquer crime.

Also on the police blotter...two of the biggest cop chases in history. On the big screen, Keanu Reeves raced into super-stardom with the runaway hit, Speed and TV Viewers worldwide witnessed the real life drama of O.J. and his infamous White Ford Bronco. "RUNNNN O.J. RUUUNNNNN!!!!"

So, buckle up for the ride of your life, cause "Here's Comes The Hotstepper". It's I Love the 90's: 1994!!

I just thought Jim Carrey was the God of Comedy. He is so friggin hilarious. :lol:

Welcome to 1995 !!!! Come on...don't be shy. tell us, tell us what 1995 will bring us...How about a new friend? 1995 gave us not only one new friend but six. Rachel, Monica, Ross, Phebe, Chandler & Joey became America's best Friends. And if you were more of a family type, not to worry...Party of Five gave us the Salingers. Now what's funnier than a show about 5 kids whose parents were killed in a drunk driving accident? Come on!

And if you're feeling under the weather stop by the ER! Check out Dr. Green and his team, or even try to get a date with hot Dr. Ross a.k.a. George Clooney. But what if you feel like some adventure? Xena & Hercules could use some help in their journey. Although I don't know if I would look that great in a skirt. Speaking of good legs, did we just see Mel Gibson walk by in a skirt? Braveheart topped the year's box offices, while some other warrior next door basically sunk in his Waterworld, creating the world's biggest cinematic flop ever. Sorry, Kevin!

Now what if I need a little play time? How about Toy Story - who ever said that toys couldn't speak? Woody and Buzz sure proved us wrong! But they weren't the only ones...M&M's came to life in 1995 with our beloved Red & Yellow, and Frogs started praising the joys of Bud-wei-ser.

So 1995, is there more? Pogs became the new marbles of the 90's and the toy of all toys was born: The Sony Playstation. And if you weren't into playing Mortal Kombat or Extreme Sports, you could enter the wonderful world of chat rooms and IM...LOL!

Will there be any scandals 1995 ? Yes? What? Drew Barrymore flashed Dave Letterman, and Hugh Grant was caught with Divine Brown...oh my! I guess they got inspired by 1995's sexy classic, Show Girls. Hot, Hot, Hot! Has anyone seen Elizabeth Berkley since?

Any music? Come on, surprise me 1995! Gimme some hits! This was definitely the year of Hootie & the BlowFish "I Only Want To Be With You" was played everywhere. TLC surprised us with "Crazy, Sexy Cool" and No Doubt , Bone Thugs , or Rednex are just a few more that will energize 1995's radio waves.

But let's not forget fashion.should I go for mini skirts or plaid shirts? No? Tattoos, Piercings, baggy jeans and heroin chic were all the rage in 1995. Hmmm...seems complicated. Maybe I should get some advice from Cher, she definitely was the fashion expert in Clueless. As if!!!!

(vh1.com)
"Shhooooowww Meeee Thhhhee Mmmonneeeyy!!!"...This is 1996, and it's a Scream!! Whether it was Neve Campbell and Kevin Williamson making theaters everywhere safe again for horror movies...or Alanis' Jagged Little Pill shouting bloody murder for scorned lovers worldwide...you outta know that 1996 was one scary good year!

Not convinced? How 'bout Dennis Rodman in a white wedding dress? That'll keep you up nights. But Dennis wasn't the only sportsman making news in '96. A young Tiger went pro and ate the competition alive...while another man-eater, Jenny McCarthy kept teen boys up late for different reasons.

But '96 wasn't all chills and thrills, it had a warm and fuzzy side all it's own. Tickle Me Elmo had kids everywhere (and Rosie O'Donnell for some reason) giggling deliriously...while the rest of us went crazy trying to learn the Macarena. America's Funniest Home Videos made making-an-ass-of-yourself an art form and Mentos proved that the only thing worse than candy commercials are foreign candy commercials.

Still, there were many valuable lessons to be learned in 1996. The "so-money-they-don't-even-know-it" combo of Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau taught us the finer points of babe-hunting in Swingers...while Joan Osborne taught us valuable lessons in Theology (What if God Was One of Us?) The Brothers Gallagher showed us all the way to a healthier sibling relationship (see also: Bar Fights) and Independence Day rewrote the handbook for averting Alien Takeover.

Excited yet? Oh, I know...we had you at hello. Well, Come on Ride The Train but, be sure to strap yourself in because this is one Twister of a year. This is I Love the 90s 1996!

smell sex and candy...oh wait that's just 1997! What other year can boast about a talking chihuahua, Dolly the first cloned sheep, the first septuplets were born (that's 7 children at once) Ellen came OUT! And as if we didn't know already, Fiona Apple told us that the world was "bulls**t"...nice. Iron Mike Tyson went on a biting frenzy and we were introduced to Matt & Ben...thank GOD.

And in case that line up doesn't impress you , 1997 gave birth to true girl power - the Spice Girls told us what we really really wanted, Ally McBeal showed us the you really could be a better lawyer if you wore a mini skirt, talked to a dancing baby and not eat EVER. Buffy kicked eveyone's ass in a sassy pair of Manolo Blahniks.

I'm flying, oh wait I'm sinking! Titanic ruled the box office and millions went home with the theme song stuck in their head FOREVER...thanks Celine. Tamagotchi helped us figure out it was easier to take care of an electronic pet than a real one. "How Bizaare"..."How Bizaare".

MMMM Bop your way into 1997 it's packed with nuggets of intriguing events, oh and one last thing 1997 offers full frontal male nudity! Wowza! "I Get Knocked Down, but I get up again"...

Dude, and I am still tired of that song about that stinkin ship!! :hot:

And a those electro pets were the only pet I could only take care of on my own. :lol: i had to get help from mom to take care of our German Sheppard.

IML Gear Cream!
(vh1.com)
Oh yeah, 1998 was a lyin', cheatin', cigar chompin' good time! It was a year of Monicagate and father's little helper Viagra. Sex and the City made getting some priority number one...and everybody but everybody was getting jiggy wit it.

The dude abides. The Big Lebowski made the bowling team cool again. Big boys McGwire and Sosa battled it out to break the home run record. The Backstreet Boys became boy band du jour while Jessie "the Body" Ventura shifted into "the brain" and became a governor.

There was Something About Mary that made an art out of idiocy. There was Martha Stewart who made something out of anything. And who can forget the Jerry Springer Show. It was all "too hot for TV," baby. Even the Teletubbies. Did you care if Tinky Winky was gay???? If that wasn't enough, the National Security Agency banned the toy Furby from its offices citing a national security threat. Yeah, back then there was nothing big to fear except asteroids!

Armageddon arrived, allowing Bruce Willis and his rag tag team of oil drillers to save the earth. Did you cry? If not, you did when cute college stalker Felicity cut off her hair. Maybe you were "Torn" about whether you liked Natalie Imbruglia because she was hot, or because she was hot.

Soccer moms in SUVs were the big force to be reckoned with, Jump Jive and wail swing made a comeback, Dr. Fraiser Crane kept us sane, and in the words of Master P.

Make `em say uhhh!

This is 1998.

I was so scarred for life when I had to sit with my little sister and watch Teletubies. :cry:

Quick stock up on canned goods and bottled water it's 1999!!! Y2K it will be the end of us!. Oh wait. Remember all that ridiculous frenzy that had computer geeks all over the world laughing hysterically? Ok seriously, 1999 may not seem that long ago, but let's take a quick drive by and see how much we have easily swept under the carpet.

Many of you waited in anticipation for the return of Star Wars. Jar Jar Binks?? That was a major let down. Everyone suddenly thought Regis Philbin was cool and that he could make us all millionaires, Lou Bega was preaching his Mambo #5 all over town. Christina, Britney, Jessica & Mandy popped out of nowhere using the age old Lolita formula and bubble gum pop took over the airwaves. Tony Sopranos reigned supreme-he had everyone glued to their television sets every single Sunday night-the Mafia was back in full effect and we loved it. Another powerhouse had us glued to the set - Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain showed us true girl power by winning the World Cup in gritty American sexy style.

Do you see dead people? Haley Joel Osmand did and Bruce Willis confirmed it. Dr. Atkins told us all to stick to the beef and we too could shake our lambada like Ricky, Enrique and Mark Anthony. 1999 got millions of kids and adults to fall in love with Harry Potter - reading was suddenly fun again. '99 also finally graced Susan Lucci with an Emmy after 19 nominations...thank goodness. But most importantly 1999 was bold enough to give our first hot teen girl on girl kiss...ahhh so cruel but so naughty.

So all you Matrix fans are you going to take the red pill and see where this rabbit hole goes? Grab your Pokemon, a bowl of popcorn and settle in on the couch, your in for a fun filled hour of '99 memory lane. Welcome to 1999!

I feel so terrible for being a Ricky Martin fan. :cry: The reason I stopped listening to him is because that dude William Hung made one of his songs famous and made him sould annoying. :hot:

I liked the 90's too....
The bloody 1890's...
Jack the Ripper , Golden Dawn, Count Svareff...

Shae said:
The reason I stopped listening to him is because that dude William Hung made one of his songs famous and made him sould annoying. :hot:

You can't solely credit Hung for that. Martin did a great job of making himself sound annoying, many years before Hung was ever released from wherever it is they keep "special" people like that. :D

MaxMirkin said:
many years before Hung was ever released from wherever it is they keep "special" people like that. :D

Hey, we prefer the term rythmically challenged. :cheeky:

Back