• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is their a whey that doesnt induce "stomach problems" ?

RoeCyris

Breathe Deep, Yungbuck.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My parents got this whey a few months back as part of some fad diet they were on, but have since abandoned. I started using it yesterday as part of my attempt to eat better but i'm not even having a full surving of the stuff and I'm running to the bathroom every 25 minutes, if you know what I mean. I should say i have a fairly sensative stomach, it runs (get it?:laugh: hah) in my family.

Better yet, if their was a liquid whey that would be super-duper. I'm guessing they dont make a whey in liquid form that could compare to the powder, I'm prolly just good with milk for now.

are you lactose intolerant?

yea, im good with milk, besides I thought being lactose intollerant meant u die if u have dairy, not u have to dump :thumb:

Anyway, the brand is Proform and its plain/unsweetened (mmm, tasty). Damn you proform, damn you.

No, you do not die...

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest significant amounts of lactose, the predominant sugar of milk. This inability results from a shortage of the enzyme lactase, which is normally produced by the cells that line the small intestine. Lactase breaks down milk sugar into simpler forms that can then be absorbed into the bloodstream. When there is not enough lactase to digest the amount of lactose consumed, the results, although not usually dangerous, may be very distressing. While not all persons deficient in lactase have symptoms, those who do are considered to be lactose intolerant.

Common symptoms include nausea, cramps, bloating, gas, and diarrhea, which begin about 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating or drinking foods containing lactose. The severity of symptoms varies depending on the amount of lactose each individual can tolerate.

ya don't but ya could, at least thats what the kid at school told me.

ANYWHOO, im fine with milk, but their has got to be a better way to get the whey equivelent amount of protein.

most people dont have much problem with whey...might be the brand,who knows. Try another brand. And if you have the same problem. well look for other options

i sorta figured it wasn't the case when he mentioned milk but i needed to cover all bases. your friend was talking about being allergic to dairy not lactose intolerant. when you are allergic to dairy your body can go into anaphylactic shock. it sounds like a you had a hyper osmotic reation to something in the protein powder. that is, your intestines drew in an excess amount of water (thru osmosis) which in turn gave you diarrea.

oh man i know what you mean, when i first started out i got me some of those fancy nitro-tech protein shakes and about 15 minutes later im siting on the shiter trying to figure out the same thing as you....yeah it is probobly the protein u are taking since then i got smarter and abandonend the GNC "pros"

Back