• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

hitting all muscle fibers

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My biceps are by far the WEAKEST link in my body so i want to get it up to par with my chest, shoulders, triceps and back. i think ive overdone my triceps because i didnt work my biceps for about 4 or 5 months(when i did powerlifting) ( i never really did much bodybuilding until about 6 weeks ago). but anyway just for biceps , im thinking, 10-8-6 for just dumbell standing curls and 20-15-12 for seated inc. curls?? that would be hitting all sorts of fibers? and this would be 6 intense sets of biceps. I hear from a lot of people that x amount of reps are BEST and Y amounts of reps are better, but what about hitting all sorts of fibers? do you think this little bicep program might give great results?? any opinions?

There are two basic types of muscle fiber. Fast-twitch is your nonaerobic muscle fiber. It contracts extremely hard for short periods and has little endurance. Slow-twitch fiber is your aerobic muscle fiber and can basically contract as long as there is enough o2 available.

When doing a set for any exercise with a weight that is less than your one rep max all the muscle fibers do not act at once. With each succesive rep more fibers become fatigued which forces the muscle to recruit more fibers.

Training to failure with the wide range of reps you mentioned is the only way to recruit as many muscle fibers as possible.

"...im thinking, 10-8-6 for just dumbell standing curls and 20-15-12 for seated inc. curls??..."
"...do you think this little bicep program might give great results??"

I think that your above mentioned routine would get you results...optimal results I don't know??

I recommend 4 sets instead of your 3 and 3 exercises in place of your 2. The exercises I suggest are barbell curl/hammer curls/incline curls. The rep range should be as follows....Set 1: 15+ reps, Set 2: 10-12, Set 3: 8-10, Set 4: 6-8.

Good luck and have fun building them guns!!

Back