• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

rest between sets?

o-dub

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i was wondering what is the difference between resting between each set and not resting between each set? becuz wouldnt the muscle get more of a workout if u didnt rest?

if you do rest it takes longer to get the amount of workout if you didnt rest you know when you start working out and getting tired and you feal that burn. It takes twice as long to get that burn if you rest long. I rest at the max 60 seconds between my sets.

oh yea if im wrong correct me people lol

I used to only rest a minute or so, but now I'm trying to increase strength, so I rest 2-3 minutes between sets. That allows me to lift heavier, and I've been making good progress. I guess it just depends on what you're trying to do. Shorter rest also has some cardio benefits, from what I understand.

but why does resting longer increase strength more then not resting?

o-dub said:
but why does resting longer increase strength more then not resting?

resting longer between sets allows ATP stores to be cycled to a higher level...

LAM how long should i rest between sets?

if you are training with 5 reps or less I would rest 4-5 minutes. if you are training from 6-12 reps than 3 minutes give or take is sufficient...

ok LAM i searched and found rest 3-5 minutes for strength and 30-60 seconds for hypertrophy. but i thought strength and hypertrophy were closely related?

LAM said:
resting longer between sets allows ATP stores to be cycled to a higher level...
...and for the removal of lactic acid. I think 2 minutes between sets is the optimal amount of rest for ATP stores to be replenished and for lactic acid to be removed.

IML Gear Cream!
o-dub said:
i thought strength and hypertrophy were closely related?

While strength and hypertrophy are related to some degree, they are typically approached as two seperate goals.

Back