• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sore All The Time

iMan323

Preved Medved!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My workouts are kicking my ass. I'm constantly sore sometimes for more one day. I need something to help recovery. At this point I"m only taking multi's and creatine and fiber. And obviously heaps of protein. I've been thinking about ICE but it's kind of pricey. Should I buy a bucket of glutamine powder? What else should help?

I have to agree with flax on this one. Just out of curiousity what do you consume post workout? The 45 minute period after your workout is the critical to supply whey protein and high glycemic carbs to your muscles to aid recovery. During this time protein synthesis and insulin sensitivity is at it's highest. This is also important to reduce the catabolic effects of cortisol.

One thing that *may* help is a hot bath. However, the muscle micro-trauma caused by very intense workouts will often result in soreness, no matter what you do.

Just think of it as validation of a good workout ;)

Part of life in my mind, although one of the miserable parts. I have done legs on Mondays before and walked up and down stairs backwards or sideways because they hurt until Wed-Thus.

It's validating , alright :thumb:
I consume 50 grams of whey with almost no carbs right after WO since i'm on a somewhat of a cut..maybe that's the key..

As you're on a cut I understand your low carb approach. However, don't be too concerned about an insulin spike post workout.

Studies show that insulin increases net protein balance in three ways: 1) it increases amino acid transport into the muscle, 2) it stimulates the enzymes that make protein from amino acids, and 3) it reduces the breakdown of protein.

Ingestion of carbs will also replenish your glycogen stores within the muscle and liver.

Glutamine definately will help. I've been resting (finals) and the last few days a lot of soreness from workouts I had punched in the last 2 weeks kicked in. Suddenly I have a lot of soreness, aches and pains in random spots. I'm taking the EAS Glutamine powder and it works just fine for me.

Still getting back into things as I haven't put in 4 straight weeks of regimented weightlifting and cardio but the Glutamine really helped speed up recovery times so that I can stick to a good schedule instead of spending 2-3+ days aching when I know I've had more then enough time to recover.

Last edited:
MTN WARRIOR said:
Part of life in my mind, although one of the miserable parts. I have done legs on Mondays before and walked up and down stairs backwards or sideways because they hurt until Wed-Thus.

lol...same thing here. Whenever I do my legs they are sore for a good couple of days, sometimes up until I do them again. The way I look at is the pain is a sign of progress :thumb:

Redspy's advise was all solid. If you are cutting, the one time to not skimp on carbs is for the post-workout meal. This will aid the recovery time tremendously. I doubt glutamine will help much with soreness.

Back