• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Where to start?

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm looking for advice on where to start dieting. I'm sure that through trial and error I could figure out what works best. But that's not how I approached bodybuilding and it's saved me quite a lot of time and grief.

So far I've done very little to control my diet. I've taken to eating the proper portions. I also stay away from dairy foods other than yogurt and cream cheese (bagels). I say no to junk food one in three times. I eat around 3500 calories a day.

Even eating as I do, I lose up to two pounds of fat a week. But I've come to learn something important. Dieting isn't just about losing weight; it's also about making sure that your body has the necessary building blocks to create muscle.

I take the following supplements: a one-a-day vitamin, an all-in-one amino, L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate and vitamin A. I used to take vitamin C until I heard that vitamin C greatly increases "free radicals". Contrary to the cool sounding name, this is a bad thing. Personally, I'd like to be a "free radical"...

I've been bodybuilding for about two months. I do a split routine six days a week. You can find the details in my journal. I do cardio twice a week. I run (or stagger) for an hour each time.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Conrad

I think I was in your journal talking about diet. Most people around here usually keep carbs Whole grains such as Brown rice,oats, and barleys. Also new or red potatoes and sweet potatos. Are all good carb sources. Keep protein up lean meats and whey. Fibrous veggies. Then just figure how much of all this you want to comsume. Then eat it

Yes kvyd, it was you that got me to think about my diet. Thanks.

In regards to whey. What exactly is it? Is it a meal supplement? Are there different types of whey?

Yes, that's a real n00b question, but you saw the title to my journal. :)

Thanks.

Whey is a protein I think i remember reading it is the most highly absorbable by the body. Mostly whey is in the form of a powder and you mix it with water or milk; mix with water post work out;mix it with milk as more of a meal replacment. You can order it anywhere online, for cheaper than at a GNC or such. Usually chocolate is good some like vanilla as you can mix it with fruit better. Personally I like optimum nutrition 100% whey Chocolate flavored. it mixes well in a shaker cup with water.

Usually I just take whey post workout but its also good to have if your on the run and getting in a meal isnt possible.

Also another big part of diet is timing, you should try to eat 5-6 times a day with close to equal calories in every meal.

kvyd said:
Whey is a protein I think i remember reading it is the most highly absorbable by the body.

i hate to be picky; but this isn't entirely true. whey is very close to the top of the list when it comes to the bioavailability of protein, but egg protein beats it.

Ive heard egg is actually slower. Lets get a super diet stud to clarify things. ??? please!

i think the egg is the most absorbable and the whey is the fastest absorbing, but alas i'm not a stud so i could be wrong

If egg were the fastest why wouldnt every be drinking egg protein after workout? Why is everyone drinking whey after workouts? Im thinking whey is fastest

Thats exactyly why you drink it post-workout, you want it in your system "NOW". The body is most "accepting" within 1 hour, particularly within 10 minutes of the end of exercise. Egg has a higher Bio level, but is slower to absorb, better as a meal. Whey has a slightly lower bio level but absorbs rapidly.

Back