• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

No motivation!!! HELP!!!

phantom939

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't know what happened. I used to really look forward to working out but about 2 months ago I just lost all motivation to workout. I want to workout but I just don't have the motivation. It's pretty depressing when you end up watching all the muscle you worked so hard for just dissappear. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated and I am extremely desperate. PLEASE!!!

For some reason you no longer (or perhaps never did) relate bodybuilding to something positive.You need to find something that fires up a positive emotion when you think about bodybuilding.

The problem is that no one can give this to you. You have to try to find it yourself. Try some introspection. Has anything improved since you started working out? Do you feel better? Do you get more looks from the opposite sex?

I can't tell you what moves you, but I can tell you to try to look for it. And that's about all I can do for you.

Good luck!

Could be a number of things. Since you didn't post your workout routine or diet, I can only guess. Possibly you are doing to many sets and exercises per bodypart, or going to the gym to often. you need to stay hungry. keep the sets low, maybe 3 to 4 per exercise, possibly 2 exercises per bodypart. Train each bodypart once every 6 or 7 days.. Could be you're not eating correctly, or a combination of both.

SPIKE1257 said:
Could be a number of things. Since you didn't post your workout routine or diet, I can only guess. Possibly you are doing to many sets and exercises per bodypart, or going to the gym to often. you need to stay hungry. keep the sets low, maybe 3 to 4 per exercise, possibly 2 exercises per bodypart. Train each bodypart once every 6 or 7 days.. Could be you're not eating correctly, or a combination of both.
yeah dish out some more info and we might be able to help you out

Print out a picture of an 800 pound fat piece of crap guy and tape it to your wall.

That right there is motivation for me. I think to myself, "I never want to look like that flabby loser. I need to train hard."

:p

I think you need to take a week or two off completely from lifting at least twice a year. What you going thru is a classic symptom of overtraining..............take care............Rich

find a training partner. when you dont totally feel like going, youre still competitive enough to go, just to show him you can do more reps than he can.

phantom939 said:
It's pretty depressing when you end up watching all the muscle you worked so hard for just dissappear.

Isn't that motivating enough?

Just get off your ass, dawg! Hit the weights!!! NOW!

Dude, your gonna look at yourself in 2 months from now and start to wnder why you ever quit.....Why would you even consider quiting? It doesnt take that much time out of your day? and you definitetly dont have to do it everyday? whats the main reason your stopping? are you just lazy? are you a quiter?

IML Gear Cream!
I ended up being out of the swing of things for the better part of three years. Let me tell you, STAY WITH IT!!!

Let me put it to you this way. 173lb 7% BF in 2000, in January 2004 234lb 22%BF.

I have only lost 20 of that so far, but I am fighting the battle and I will win. Don't do this to yourself!!

I think you hear me knockin, and I hope I'm comin in.

I think some more info about your workout routine is needed as well to better determine what you may need to change. I like the idea of sticking a picture of big fat guy up too, but if you really need motivation I would check out animalpak.com. You'll find some some serious motivation on that site, and they have great pics too.

Last edited:
Evil ANT said:
Print out a picture of an 800 pound fat piece of crap guy and tape it to your wall.

That right there is motivation for me. I think to myself, "I never want to look like that flabby loser. I need to train hard."

:p
hey just look at the picture in my profile for motivation....Do you want to look like that? I don't....:)

SPIKE1257 said:

There's a good chance it's how I've been eating (not very much...I don't seem to have much of an appetite). I haven't been working out for about two months now, so It's not overtraining. I'm just having trouble with starting again. That's where I lack the motivation. I used to be almost obsessed with working out and I think I just made myself bored of it. Also, I don't think I'm gonna get fat anytime soon seeing as how I've lost weight. Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

phantom939 said:
I don't know what happened. I used to really look forward to working out but about 2 months ago I just lost all motivation to workout. I want to workout but I just don't have the motivation. It's pretty depressing when you end up watching all the muscle you worked so hard for just dissappear.

****ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated and I am extremely desperate. PLEASE!!!

If you want to life again, get off your ass.

This is my advice.

I just pop in a Hatebreed CD and it always fires me up. I always try and stay angry. I'm not angry at anyone or anything really....just anger really motivates me.

BoneCrusher said:
Why did you start lifting in the first place phantom?

I started lifting because I was unhappy with the way I used to look. Another reason was that there was a weight room at my school and working out gave me something to do. I really enjoy working out but I'm having trouble working out also because the weight room at my school was my only real access to equipment. I have some free weights at home but not alot. I think when I go back to school I'll start working out like I used to again. I think this lack of motivation was partially brought on by a lack of equipment.

This is a good post, because if you do this long enough eventually lack of motivation will happen to you.

It took me way to long to adopt periodization in my training. Now I lay out the whole year with intervals of heavy, medium, light and off (that is a very general description - there is a lot of info out there on how to set up a periodization training program).

I used to go heavy five - six days a week and every set to failure. Two things happened in the long run, I burned out mentally and had a very hard time recovering physically and worse was injury. Push it long enough, and something will eventually break.

I have found periodization training keeps me mentally and emotionally happy and physically better off in the long run. Also, I mix up my cardio - cycling, running, etc.

they are all right, but Im fighting it too man, sometimes i dont feel like going at all or taking that protein shake or eating oatmeal in the morning, or even worst not eating all that yummy shit my family and friends eat....but you know what when i look at myself in the mirror and when other guys girlfriends chek me out it feels so damn good and i love it... another thing is when im at the gym i think about my police career and start thinking... man if i dont pull out the last 2 miles on the treadmill im not gona have the future that i want in my life........you just gota do it man we all know how it feels lifting that last rep and you really dont want to... but take it bodybuilders have strong minds so get up and do it it will pay off..............

IML Gear Cream!
Read a bodybuilding mag (or even better, the Arnold Shwazneggar bodybuilding encyclopeadia) before you go to the gym this always motivates me.

QuestionGuy said:
another thing is when im at the gym i think about my police career and start thinking... man if i dont pull out the last 2 miles on the treadmill im not gona have the future that i want in my life........

I often think of my future occupation and how much I'll need my physical fitness......oh ya, i'm studying to be an engineer hahahahh

hehhe, see you can relate

motivation needs to come from within first bro. anyone can say some shit and it is what it is, but the bottom line is it needs to come from within. just do it, its that simple. quit bitchin and just do it. if you need to ask others why you should get in the gym then you don't really want it.

Krispy said:
Read a bodybuilding mag (or even better, the Arnold Shwazneggar bodybuilding encyclopeadia) before you go to the gym this always motivates me.

i really need to get my hands on that

i've heard so many good things about that book...

its pretty outdated actually, and alot of what arnold says is pretty silly knowing what we know today. For instance his beginning training program is ridiculous. It has you overtraining so hard its not even funny. Its a great book to look through and all that, but as far as learning common sense training principles, I wouldn't put too much faith in that book.

Stay with it! Because if you let it go for a couple years like I did. Man is it a uphill climb back towards the heights one once was at. Some ways I motivate myself is looking at myself in the mirror and admitting that I like seeing myself in another state other then couch potatoe. You have to look at it as a lifestyle, the way you live your life! :) Also appreciating all the fine qualities of being healthy and in shape.

Surround yourself with inspirational things. Like a picture of bodybuilders or fitness models or what you want to be. Make sure to take pictures of yourself every now and then to get a better look at yourself :) If you don't want to lose it then you have to consciously want to and decide to maintain your body!! Discipline yourself! the infamous You vs You conflict :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. What I think I'll do is start working out lightly and do what I can do for now(the lack of equipment makes it kinda hard to have a good workout. Then, when I get back to school I'll start using the weight room again. That gave me alot of motivation. I have trouble being motivated if I'm lifting alone, I think that's why this started in the first place. Alright, thanks again and I think I'll go workout now :thumb: :rocker: :)

Back