• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do I have an injury to my bi?

BoneCrusher

Lift or Die
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
On Curls I started at 80 and droped by 10 til I hit 10. Now I is a hurting whiney sniveling lil mofo. It is at the point where twisting a screwdriver hurts my right bicep at the elbow. Holding the cellphone to my ear for a couple of minutes hurts and needs a lil stretching. WTF did I do now. I have been lifting for around 4 months.

Well, I not being an expert can't tell you if you injured it or not. I will tell you I feel almost like that every time I do arms though! If your workout was today give it a couple of days to evaluate.

This feeling has been around for a few weeks now largepkg. That's why I posted. I am used to the normal growing pains. This doesn't feel normal. I am not gonna run to a sports doc everytime I get an owie, but I am sure someone here has done this and knows what's up.

BoneCrusher said:
This feeling has been around for a few weeks now largepkg. That's why I posted. I am used to the normal growing pains. This doesn't feel normal. I am not gonna run to a sports doc everytime I get an owie, but I am sure someone here has done this and knows what's up.

Fair enough. Have you had tendinitis before?

largepkg said:
Fair enough. Have you had tendinitis before?
Never had it in my bi's before, although I had problems with the elbow during racquet-ball.

yes you hurt yourself. Probably a strain.

If you have a tendon or ligament strain by all means DO NOT do any d/b curls or ANYTHING for that matter that may antagonize it futher. Give it a weeks rest and then try again starting light and test the waters so to speak.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been at a stand still till I heal. Not lifting sucks. I just want to get a cycle going that is not going to get interupted. Thanks for the help and input.

Bones it DOES suck. It is depressing. It does cause anxiety. BUT it's better to feel that way for a week or two then several months because you ended up tearing something. I've been where you are and it sucks. You could have been me and hurt your back and continued to train to where I ended up over 2 years without being able to lift or even get out of bed without assistance or tremendous agony. OR you could have injured your shoulder girdle(2 winters ago) and couldn't train for 7 months and to date is still a very tender area that the injury is easily aggrivated. I can feel pain in it every time I roll my shoulders over. So take it from a pain professional. Take the time and recover right. Stay away from any excercise that irritates it. luckily for you, you can still train legs. You should still be able to train chest shoulders and tris since you really don't really utilize Biceps for those excercises. True,,, picking up DBs or Bars and getting them into a starting position may be a problem, ask for assistance from someone or stick to machines so you don't have to use the biceps. worse case scenerio, train legs, they always need the extra work and are often neglected or prioritized. Here is your chance to get some dangerous wheels. Go squat!!!!!
Peace

No doubt about it. The older you get, the more you realize that you need to let yourself heal up or you will keep yourself out of the gym even longer.

Your break from the gym will be GREAT motivation when you finally get back in there. I had a 6 week break somewhere under a year ago and it really sucked, but it drove me hard once I got back in there.

I am no expert but I had a bout with tendonites in my left arm that lasted 8 months!!!

I cannot "just do legs" cuz it's like the db's are calling my name while I squat. Then come the self deceptive statements like "I'll just work my left arm today ... it needs it anyway" then BANG the db's in the right hand as the next lie "I'll just take it easy" goes through my mind. Then it's over. My ex has a treadmill at her apartment so there I find solace. Cardio while I watch Court TV and the various news stations is good ... I guess. *Sniff*

Have been through this a few times: only way out is to wait till it's better, even if it takes a couple of months. Nothing else will work to remove the problem IMO. On the plus side, it won't take that long to get back to where you were, and the down time will likely increase your motivation and energy once back at it, so you could make faster gains later, so don't sweat it. Just leave it. If it doesn't heal in a couple of months see a doctor.

Now i always do a couple of light warmup sets, seems to help a lot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Guess I gotta sit my ass down for a few. :bawling: But I will cardio like a mofo on that frigin tread mill just to feel like Im not a lazy ass bastich. :shrug:

Back