• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tough time coping with not working out!!

dalila

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi guys,

I need help, as I am absolutely lost right now. I've had great success with your advices about food and training till I had to stop training alltogehter. Three weeks ago, I was diagnosed with probably just a slipped disk, and have been asked by my doc. to stop all sorts of activity but walking!! I have real issues with this... I feel lethargic with almost no energy each day for anything, I am depressed c/z I feel that all my recent effort is now going to waste, and weather true or not, I feel less fit with each day that passes!

I don't even know where to start with adjusting my food intake. I used to eat rather clean so I am continuing that and I am just cutting out the PW meals for the time being, and will see how it goes....

Had no chance to do any imaging earlier and I am going for an MRI on the 21st.

So I guess for the time being, I just need some support to get my mood out of the dolldrums ... also will post my daily diet and let you guys take it apart ( I luv you all for that!) And once I start training again, will continue on with workouts as well.

I feel a little better already! :)

Sorry to hear about your recent injury :( I hope that things get better soon! :) Best of luck with the goals.. and keep food intake clean and positive attitude! Youll be back at it before you know it! :D

Sorry to hear about that, Dalila. I hope your back gets better soon. Whenever I've been out of the gym due to illness or injury, I've tried to concentrate on how intense I'll be when finally able to workout again. Also, helps me to plan my diet and training program for when I'm back at it. Just some ideas. :)

Hey Dalia, maybe a good time to catch up on that book you were trying to read (about bodybuilding maybe) or do something that you have been wanting to do for a while. All things happen for a reason. Maybe you were meant to take a few weeks off to let your body heal a little. Don't fret. You will be working out again soon enough. Time to clean out the liver and relax for a while. :thumb:

I am in the same boat and need to stop for a while so I understand how you feel Dalila. Just remember that you are a winner though and will not stop trying to achieve your goals.

hey there atherjen, var, warrior and BC and thank you all for your words of support. I keep telling myself too that it must've been for a reason, - my knees started acting up a couple of months back. Being stubborn I got myself some glucosaminate and good knee guards and just went on... I guess the higher powers thought I needed a 'stronger indication' that I needed to rest

Great minds think alike- I was reading your comments about finding something else to do meanwhile, (instead of driving everyone around me nuts LOL), and I thought the same thing this weekend, so I signed myself up for advance lessons in German ( my second language which I???ve started forgetting ) and Malay ( local language in Malaysia)! That should be fun!

On the flip side, although eating rather clean, I???ve gone up 4 pounds in these 3 weeks!! I guess I need to cut the calories somewhat.. currently I am on about 1600 kcal, 40p/35c/25 ( not any particular eating plan, just the way I eat..)

Also about a week ago my appetite in the morning started being almost non-existent ( as opposed to feeling like I was starving while I was working out), so I started having an apple and some protein in the morning, instead of oatmeal or sweet potato???

I am sorry you cant work out but that is great you are learning other languages! Plus the body needs breaks from training now and then, look at it as recovery time. I've read some people say after a break, they come back stronger! And since you can walk, WALK! It will help you feel better!

hey greekie, thanks for stopping by! I do walk a lot these days, that???s why I say I've been driving everyone nuts around me, b/c they have to walk with me! :D. My boyfriend says he prays every day my MRI this Saturday will show that I am fine so I can take my active ass to gym and stop torturing him! :laugh :

what I ate on sunday:

9.00am coffee with milk ( no sugar)
10.00am 300gm stirfried ( pan just sprayed with olive oil) cabbage with
chicken breast

2.00pm - yong tau foo - boiled vegetables stuffed with fishcake( 2 big lady
fingers, 1 sweet chilli)
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 2 fish oils

6.00pm - small panfried sirloin steak ( dabbed with tissue LOL), some mized
veggies
- minestrone soup
- 2 fish oils

9.00pm - 150gm cottage cheese + 2 tbs psyllium husk

German sounds interesting! :)

As Vivian suggested, if you can walk, that will help by staying active as best that you can.

Maybe try eating smaller meals more often?

IML Gear Cream!
I am sorry to hear this. I myself have been out 11 weeks now, and have 4-6 left. It is really hard at first, but it gets easier. Just keep your diet up, so you dont loose too much weight.

hope your MRI turns out okay.

hey Premier, no fear of losing weight here LOL, on the contrary, I've gained 4lbs, though not the weight I desire ( i.e. what else could it be but fat). What???s up with you? Back as well?

P funk thanks! I hope so too! Actually I've felt no pain now for 10 days, and that???s driving me even more mad???.at least if I felt pain I'd deal with being a couch potato much easier! ( haha just re-read the last sentence, reads really morbid :D)

A friend called me yesterday to ask if sauna will make him lose weight! :headbang: Honestly....

Atherjen yeah, I like German, it???s so organized and picking it up is rather simple. Also after the last episode in Vienna when I got told of 3 times for not being able to converse in german although I was in a german speaking land, I kinda decided to pick it up again. They get really easily offended I guess coz they think, here are these tourists in our country expecting us to speak English!! While on my mind ( and on most of other tourists) it???s like, well, I cant speak german, so I'll speak whatever I can, and pray you understand me! Peopl are so sensitive nowadays...

Yesterday's food:

9.30am coffee, low fat milk, no sugar

10.00am apple + 1/2 cup cottage cheese

12.30pm 1.5 chicken breast, 1 cup bean sprouts
2 fish oils

4.30pm 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 wedge cantaloupe, 1 TBS peanut butter
2 TBS psyllium husk

8.00pm 1/2 cup brown rice, 150gm chicken breast, 100 gm beef, stirfried red
peppers and asparagus
2 fish oils

Shoulders, both of them. One seperated, one dislocated. I was just saying not to lose based on my experience. Thats the last thing you want to do is lose muscle, fat is not that bad IMO.

Thats the last thing you want to do is lose muscle, fat is not that bad IMO

Has anyone ever told you what a genious you are?

Trust me, if I was a genius I would have kept eating like I was and not lost 20 lbs :suicide: :)

PreMier said:
Trust me, if I was a genius I would have kept eating like I was and not lost 20 lbs :suicide: :)

Oh well, you are still one of my heros. Anyone that has an injury and still pounds down ice cream like you do is still a champ in my book. :thumb:

dalila, hope the situation is improving. Whatever you do, dont rush back in...
I had the same warning signs 18 months ago, and foolishly ignored them, and it got to the point where I woke up one morning with pins and needles in my leg and butt. I figured I slept wrong, and went about doing my thing until I realized three hours later, it was still there.
All said and done, I wound up getting surgery....took two months before I was allowed to do any light work (and I'm still paranoid to try squats).
Like the others said, use the time to catch up on reading, learning the German, and planning your attack when you get cleared:thumb:

Best of luck:)

hi cops thanks for stoping by! I am glad to hear that you are recovering well, and I completely agree with you, I've actually come to see this as a positive experience.

I went for my first proper Malay language lesson yesterday. The grammar is really simple, but pronounciation is a real tongue twister! Its to tough to get some sounds right! thank god it's not like chinese where wrong pronounciation apparently changes the meaning of the word as well!!

Yesterday was a very close friend's birthday nd she wasn't gonna take no to her birtday cake as an answer. HAd a half chocolate fudge cake which I didnt enjoy ( hate chocolate anyways!), and 2 glasses of red wine ( which I did a lot! LOL).

The rest of the food yesterday"

9.30am coffee with LF milk, no sugar
10.00 2 wheat ( 100% whole wheat) biscuits and 1/2 cup LF milk
1 roasted chicke breast

12.00 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1 apple

2.00 200gm stirfried squid + okra,
2 fishies

5.00 1/2 cup cottage cheese

6.00 1/2 chocolate fudge cake

9.00pm 5 meatballs, 1 eggwhite, 1 whole egg, salad ( tomato, cucumber, green salad)
2 fishies

Last edited:
Do you figure your calories everyday to make sure you are within range?

IML Gear Cream!
hey Jodi, thanks for poping in! :)

Yes I do add 'em all up every day. I was aiming for 1600kcl while I not training, but it usually adds up to abt 1800 ( except yesterday wher it shot up to 2300). I thought I had gone up 4lbs, but after yesterday's small pig out, I was actaully 3 pounds lighter :rolleyes:... so I guess in the last 3 weeks ( out of gym) I've kept about the same weight ( don't dare to check the BF/LBM)...

Just be sure to eat plenty of protein, bcaa's and keep carbs a bit lower than you normally would and you should be fine. :)

I am so tired today... some friends from australia came to Kuala Lumpur for a visit and I took them out for a dinner and a catch up session, slept verrrry late! They were so funny, said everyone in KL tried to rip them off hahaha, I can't believe it, keelites are such a nice bunch!! So anyone visiting be warned... they apparently can smell tourists from a mile away!

Food yesterday:

9.30 am, coffee (with LF milk, no sugar), 1.2 cup cottage cheese, 2 WW
biscuits with LF milk

12.30 100gms stewed chicken gizzards ( people don't make faces, I
lurrrrve those!)
150 gm stir-fried shrimp
1 cup spinach

3.30 pm 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 wedge cantaloupe, 1/2 green guava

7.30 Fish curry ( curry drained), a few grilled shrimp, vegies, 3 TBS white
rice, 1 hoegarden bier

What did they do to try and rip them off? Maybe because they dont speak the native language?

PreMier said:
What did they do to try and rip them off? Maybe because they dont speak the native language?

Hmmm I guess you are right... see, the expatriates who work here can at least pronouce local food names and city areas the way the locals do, not with an english/american/australian accent, and that lets the locals know that these people have been here for a while and probably know the way the things ( i.e. prices are here), but when you can't do that they know right away that you've just arrived and then they try to swindle you any way they can.... for example, they'll never let you haggle if they conclude you are a tourist, the taxi driver would refuse to use a meter, etc..

Of course if you can tell them WTF?? in their own language taht helps a lot LOL!

LOL. I will have to learn "WTF" before I go to another country I guess ;)

PreMier said:
LOL. I will have to learn "WTF" before I go to another country I guess ;)

If you coming to asia let me know, I'll teach you, I can say WTF in 6 different dialects :laugh:

Well, I have been to Japan. Landed in Tokyo at Narita Intl. and stayed on Tokyo bay, where the landfill was. It was kinda cool, because our hotel and an office building were the only buildings in this huge area. All the other lots were filled with flowers, im sure its much different now.
How many languages do you speak?

dalila said:
12.30 100gms stewed chicken gizzards ( people don't make faces, Ilurrrrve those!)
150 gm stir-fried shrimp
1 cup spinach

:lick: What about Liver?

sara said:
:lick: What about Liver?

You like liver?!?! Will you marry me? :D

Back