• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Healthy Food in a Pinch?

NipsMG

My ass is finally in gear
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Got a problem..

This morning, I woke up WICKED late, choked down a protein shake & some oatmeal, looked in the fridge, had NOTHING prepared, and had to run out the door to make it to work..

I would possibly make a quick run out to the grocery store.. I've got 3 meals I have to eat at work today, and I can't prepare anything (unless it's in the microwave).

Any ideas on what I can snag from the grocery store to get me through today? (High protein, complex carbs, low fat (or good fats, at least))

Unfortunately, I CANNOT eat tuna fish. I've tried numerous times because I know it's so good for you, but every time I've tried it (washed it, hot sauce, etc (I hate mayo)) I get nauseous.. The smell when opening the can makes me sick to my stomach to the point where I won't eat, ever since I was a kid :(

--NipsMG

You could always resort to Protein Bars. Most supermarkets carry a decent selection.

Also, I love a good sweet potato in the microwave. Cottage cheese is another good one.

I actually did grab a protein bar, The POUCH tuna (I'm gonna give tuna ANOTHER shot, this was recommended to me by my co-worker who hates tuna in a can.. we'll see *eek*), and the purdue short-cuts pre-cooked chicken. which is great in a pinch. I'll throw that on top of a salad for lunch, have some later w/ the other half of my protein bar, and I'll be all set for today.

I really should try cottage cheese again tho..

Thanks nate :)

Canned beans(carbs) , Olive oil(efa's), Tuna(protein), Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Milk, Peanuts, Protein Bars, Protein shakes, all kinds of fruits.. and the list goes on. You can get these things in any grocery store. This will get you thru the day..

Sliced fat-free turkey or chicken slices from the deli counter (or prepackaged) -- high in sodium, but not a big deal if done occasionally; also, some grocery stores have rotisserie chicken and such available for sale. Canned chicken or turkey, if you can find a low-fat variety. And as everyone else says, healthy carbs are easy to come by. Just don't forget the can opener (most groceries will have that, too, in a kitchenwares section) -- stick it in your desk for next time.

I would grab one of those rotisserie chickens that most supermarkets carry today. so they have a little extra fat, no big deal...

protein and fat, that's a meal...

Sprouted Whole Grain Bread & Cottage Cheese

Back