• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lifts for outer Bicep

Status
Not open for further replies.
P-Funk

I can't believe this thread is still going on!! This may be the longest one on this topic. I refuse to get into this debate anymore.

Awh, come on dude, I'd like to hear your opinion?

What would happen to your upper chest if you stopped doing incline presses?
Would your upper chest get weaker & smaller or would it grow from solely flat chest presses?

& what would happen to your biceps if all you did was barbbell curls, or all you did was concentration curls & nothing else? Would your biceps still develop fully?

As for getting 20 inch arms, IMO that's only accomplishable with the use of steroids for at least 2-4yrs or more so that's out for the natural ppl.

That forces us natural ppl to train & eat our as$es off the old fashioned way.

& maybe get half or slightly more than half way to 20 inch arms. :D

Would your upper chest get weaker & smaller or would it grow from solely flat chest presses?

& what would happen to your biceps if all you did was barbbell curls, or all you did was concentration curls & nothing else? Would your biceps still develop fully?

completely ridiculous

Geezus christ, Johnny. One last time, in bold caps:

IF YOU DONT DO A SPECIFIC LIFT, YOU WILL LOSE STRENGTH IN THAT PARTICULAR LIFT

If you still don't get it, you never will. See you in 10 years when you are what you are NOW.

Johnnny said:
P-Funk

Awh, come on dude, I'd like to hear your opinion?

As for getting 20 inch arms, IMO that's only accomplishable with the use of steroids for at least 2-4yrs or more so that's out for the natural ppl.

& maybe get half or slightly more than half way to 20 inch arms. :D

I think most people here already no my opinion on this topic, that is why i don't want to contribute to this thread, I will just get frustrated with people like yourself that try and argue with nothing more that YOUR OWN OPINION. Every post you make says the same thing "I feel that...." or "In my opinion" or "that's what I think" but you never....EVER.....have any scinece to back up what the hell you are talking about. I could give a shit less about what you think or feel on a given subject. Show it to me....PROVE IT TO ME. Where is the evidence?

Now to answer your other questions:

Would my chest get smaller if I stopped doing incline work? my answer....NO. I haven't done incline bench press in about 5 or6 months. funny thing is my chest keeps growing....MY WHOLE CHEST!! I did decline presses today for the first time in 3 or 4 months. Was I weaker on the lift? Yes, I was weaker than when I did the lift more often. Has my chest gotten any smaller from not doing it? Nope. Almost all I do is flat bench now.

What would happen to my biceps if all I did was barbell curls? Well, considering the fact that for the past 10 weeks all I had done was 3 sets of bicep curls a week (because I wasn't training bodyparts, rather doing total body workouts or an upper/lower split....two things that again, you don't feel can ever work :rolleyes: ) my biceps are just fine. They are actually bigger than ever. Now that I am back training body parts for the next 6 weeks since I hurt my knee and acn't train lower body, I will do more than just barbell curls for them. Did I loose any strength from not doing preacher curls? No, not really. Did I loose any "peak" from not doing preacher curls? Well, I don't think I have to answer that question because it is totally idiotic, but I'll answer anyway...nope. I am just fine and that is with barely any direct arm work in 9 weeks. :)

Johnnny said:
P-Funk

you make no sense.

so its impossible to get 20in. arms w/o juice? thats funny,i know a guy that has 'em w/o juice.

and you'll also saying that people who juice don't need to train and eat their asses off?

your posts continue to, um, amaze me.

Ok, ok I have a legitmate question now. First off let me say that I used to think by the bb rules, but really they dont make any sense from a scientific pov. I always look at the world from a scientific pov, so much for that.

Why does your strengh decrease in a certain lift of a body part that has the only 2 insertion points if you do another exercise for that muscle? An example would be all you do is incline bench, you switch to nothing but flat bench, you gain inches on your chest, and when you go to do incline work you arent as strong. How can that be? If the whole muscle got bigger and during any bench work(any angle) and the whole muscle is contracted from the same points. Can you explain this to me from a purely scientific point?

Again let me state I am in agreement with SF. Im not trying to disprove him in this question.

Because strength is a function of CNS adaption. Obviously there is a limit to the physical loading one can place on a muscle or muscles. But as I stated, you can do exercises that train the same muscle or muscles, and still lose strength in a lift you aren't performing. And that is your CNS.

You might or might not have any, but do you knnow any good articles on how, what, where, and how the CNS works?

I havent the slightest idea, other than you can overtrain that much easier then the muscle itself.

Saturday Fever said:
Because strength is a function of CNS adaption. Obviously there is a limit to the physical loading one can place on a muscle or muscles. But as I stated, you can do exercises that train the same muscle or muscles, and still lose strength in a lift you aren't performing. And that is your CNS.
Just curious, how does your CNS contract to lift up a weight or even move a arm?

Are you stating that your CNS Realises the stress from a certain angle and makes those muscle`s work with more output, so it isnt accutaly the muscle getting bigger or smaller just your CNS telling your muscle to work harder as it remembers that angle it was worked? or am I wrong to you?

IML Gear Cream!
Johnnny said:

For 3 months I did nothing but concentrated curls for my biceps. I eventually was doing more than 70 pounds an arm for 10 reps. Needless to say my biceps did not suffer as the weight progressed and was in good form.

Now I'm doing exclusively barbell curls and my progress is still continuing. The idea that you can not have well developed biceps unless you're using a thousand exercises is wrong.

What routine did Mentzer perform for his biceps? :D
This guy is definately a steroid beast with no doubt.

mentzer.jpg

Calling him a steroid beast is interesting.

He used the same routine I do (because I follow his methodology), except he'd supplement preacher curls (which I can't do) and palm up pulldowns (which I used to use to some great results) with various other exercises.

Edit: it should be noted that Mentzer did one or two exercises, one set to failure per bodypart. He simply varied the workouts / techniques every few months.

So you're telling me he has never done steroids... :laugh: I can't believe that one if you are saying that.

:scratch: Where did I say that?

I said it was interesting because by pointing that out before anything else you you draw into question his credibility. Forget the facts or the merits; you've already associated him with steroids, which must mean his success was limited to the drugs he took.

Although maybe you pointed that out with a :laugh: laugh before any other points you have for a different reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't want to presume too much.

I would like to point out that Mentzer also ran a very succesful personal training company with a great deal of satisfied customers who were steroid free.

Uzi9 said:
Just curious, how does your CNS contract to lift up a weight or even move a arm?

Your body racts because your brain tells it to. Your brain tells it to by sending electrical signals via the Central Nervous System. Your CNS doesn't contract, your CNS controlls the contraction.

Are you stating that your CNS Realises the stress from a certain angle and makes those muscle`s work with more output, so it isnt accutaly the muscle getting bigger or smaller just your CNS telling your muscle to work harder as it remembers that angle it was worked? or am I wrong to you?

I'm not understanding your question at all. Reword it.

P-funk said:
Would my chest get smaller if I stopped doing incline work? my answer....NO. I haven't done incline bench press in about 5 or 6 months. funny thing is my chest keeps growing....MY WHOLE CHEST!!

dude, no way, your upper chest had to of shrunk! ;)

Randy

What routine did Mentzer perform for his biceps?
This guy is definately a steroid beast with no doubt.

Well that is true about being a juice monkey LOL.

But they do train hard.

Saturday Fever

Geezus christ, Johnny. One last time, in bold caps:

IF YOU DONT DO A SPECIFIC LIFT, YOU WILL LOSE STRENGTH IN THAT PARTICULAR LIFT

If you still don't get it, you never will. See you in 10 years when you are what you are NOW.

All I'm going to say is & I think both Gopro & Robert DiMaggio have stated this is that it's important to train all muscles from different angles, grips, forms & so on to develop an overall complete physique.

I've seen guys who are pretty lean, & all they do is barbell curls maybe or 5 sets & that's it. Yes they develop big solid arms, but their arms aren't nicely shaped with size as opposed to someone doing all curl variations, standing, hammer, & concentration/preacher.

I do a complete routine hitting all muscles from different angles & I eat properly so I'm doing just fine.

Duncans Donuts

For 3 months I did nothing but concentrated curls for my biceps. I eventually was doing more than 70 pounds an arm for 10 reps. Needless to say my biceps did not suffer as the weight progressed and was in good form.

Now I'm doing exclusively barbell curls and my progress is still continuing. The idea that you can not have well developed biceps unless you're using a thousand exercises is wrong.

So you're using 70lbs on your concentration curls in each hand? I guess you're barbell curling 185lbs at least?

I use 50lbs in each hand for concentration curls for about 6 reps & I curl about 145lbs for 3-5 reps slightly cheating on barbell curls.

Flex

you make no sense.

so its impossible to get 20in. arms w/o juice? thats funny,i know a guy that has 'em w/o juice.

and you'll also saying that people who juice don't need to train and eat their asses off?

Well I will say this I've met 4 individuals 20 inch arms & all of them are on heavy duty steroids.

2 of them were honest about it while the other 2 lied their as$es off about it while all of us & other bodybuilders around knew the truth.

One of the guys who said he was lying, his girlfriend told us that first he had puncture marks as$ & later she found syringes in his garbage.

So most ppl who say they're natural with 20inch arms are lying.

The first man to have 21inch arms was Leroy Colbert & that was in the 70's & he was on a lot of steroids.

So there's no way you can develop 20 inch arms w/o steroids not possible.

The biggest natural arms I've seen ripped that is, is 18 inches & that's after 10yrs of work & eating.

P-Funk

Would my chest get smaller if I stopped doing incline work? my answer....NO. I haven't done incline bench press in about 5 or 6 months. funny thing is my chest keeps growing....MY WHOLE CHEST!!

P-Funk, I have nothing against you, but I have a hard time believing this statement.

If I stopped incline presses for 5 months, I'd be lucky to incline bench 185lbs & I would certainly lose upper chest size.

I know b/c I had to stop training for 2 months once & it took me about 5 weeks b4 my strength started returning.

gr81

completely ridiculous

Don't believe me?

Like I said earlier, I know my body & what happens when I don't do certain exercises for too long & what negative affect it has on my overall shape.

Yeah I would say most body builders using steroids would never admit it .

But in my opinion it is only obvious. And I don't deny that they work hard. It's just that when their arms and legs are the diameter of a telephone pole, steroids is an obvious factor... I've talked to users who juice up before their body building competitions and they tell me this phenomenal amount of shots they administer before the shows. You see their veins bulging out everywhere :D

IML Gear Cream!
Flex

you make no sense.

I've only met 4 individuals with 20 inch arms & they were all serious steroid users & had been for a good 5+yrs.

2 of these individuals were honest about it, while the other 2 lied about it.

One of the liar's girlfriend found needles in his garbage & always saw what she thought were sits on his a$$ but she learned they were puncture marks as they were always in the same place.

IMO anyone with 20 inch arms & ripped were talking about here & says they're natural is lying.

The biggest ripped arms I've seen were 18inches & that's with 10-12yrs of work & eating properly.

Sorry for the double post I was going through my cookies & clicked post by mistake.

Randy

Yeah I would say most body builders using steroids would never admit it .

But in my opinion it is only obvious. And I don't deny that they work hard. It's just that when their arms and legs are the diameter of a telephone pole, steroids is an obvious factor... I've talked to users who juice up before their body building competitions and they tell me this phenomenal amount of shots they administer before the shows. You see their veins bulging out everywhere

I damn well agree with you on this one Randy.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

One of the guys who has 20 inch arms I met is only about 5ft9 & weighs at least 230lbs & he's pretty damn lean.

Yet he never trains heavy, & always uses retarded little machines most of the time & he stays huge.

I know many ppl who need to constantly train heavy to keep their size & they're natural.

How does this guy stay huge & pretty lean w/o training very heavy & w/o many free weights or db's?

I'll tell you, pills & injections.

I have one friend who has just this year been honest with me about his steroid use after lying for 5yrs.

I played football with him for about 6yrs. He was a WR fast & strong for his height of 6ft3 & weight of 215-220lbs & had told me that he couldn't gain anymore mass or power which meant he probably couldn't grow much more natural.

He was this weight consitantly for about 4yrs during highschool, than one fall he comes into training camp at 245lbs descently lean at about 10% BF & he had to be converted to MLinebacker b/c he was too big for WR but not big enough for TE.

Ppl will lie about it & try to tell you it's all hard work but it's a mix of hard work & injections/orals. But in no way I'm saying I have anything against steroid users, I just say be honest & stop trying to fool ppl as ppl aren't that stupid.

Just as you said Randy, you get to a point where it's damn obvious & lying about it is just pointless & makes you look like an insecure person.

If I ever took steroids, I'd be totally honest about it & what I'm using & how much instead of trying to convince ppl that it's natural.

When you're ripped at 300lbs or less even at 230lbs, it starts being obvious

Johnnny said:
Duncans Donuts

So you're using 70lbs on your concentration curls in each hand? I guess you're barbell curling 185lbs at least?

I use 50lbs in each hand for concentration curls for about 6 reps & I curl about 145lbs for 3-5 reps slightly cheating on barbell curls.

Using techniques like slow negatives, pausing with the weight in the maximized contraction position, and lifting the weight slowly (3-4 seconds) I can do 135 for barely 8 reps.

I don't know why you'd presume that I'd do 185 pounds on a barbell curl. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. I can do strict negatives with about 200 pounds, at about 7 or 8 seconds in perfect form. Certainly, at this point, can't raise the weight with that much weight.

We're all entitled to our beliefs and our training methods, but I have to disagree when someone says that you won't have good bicep development if you don't do a huge volume of bicep exercises.

If I stopped incline presses for 5 months, I'd be lucky to incline bench 185lbs

Gawd dammit. I told you never to discuss strength again until you learn about strength. I even posted, in bold letters and caps, an explanation for this. So stop saying strength for the rest of your life. You have lost your privileges.

I know b/c I had to stop training for 2 months once & it took me about 5 weeks b4 my strength started returning.

See above. I'm tired of repeating myself and you going, "Oh but I feel it" or "Oh but I think" or "Oh but it's my opinion."

Stop thinking, don't ever develop your own opinion again. Because it's all ludicrous.

Robert DiMaggio said:
well can you blame them when it's a felony to possess steroids?

No, I didn't mean to imply that I blamed them. But it is only obvious like I said whether they admit it or not. And if they're in sports or competition with others who are supposed to be natural and are breathing fire and built like a brick shit house.... would it really matter whether they admit it (it would be obvious) :). Those folks will eventually be mandatorily tested and tossed out. I know many here are into the juice and that is fine, but in cases such as sport events as I mentioned, I am 100 percent against it and I hope they all get busted.

Gawd dammit. I told you never to discuss strength again until you learn about strength. I even posted, in bold letters and caps, an explanation for this. So stop saying strength for the rest of your life. You have lost your privileges.

:laugh: :laugh: :funny: :clap: :clap:

P-Funk, I have nothing against you, but I have a hard time believing this statement.

If I stopped incline presses for 5 months, I'd be lucky to incline bench 185lbs & I would certainly lose upper chest size.

See, there is that "I know" statment again. Of course you lost strength after not training for 2 months.

Man, I am sorry, but every time you post I laugh at the level of mental retardation that you are able to achieve. You are incredibly stupid. Obviously you have never picked up a science book, or any book for that matter, because you ability to argue and debate in a logic manner is so piss poor. I feel bad for you that you have are going to go through life operating on such a low level of intelligence. take care.

P-funk said:
Man, I am sorry, but every time you post I laugh at the level of mental retardation that you are able to achieve.

no kidding.

this guys has an answer "he knows about" or "did" for EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back