• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Finally Getting It!

LuckiGirl79

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, I'm finally getting the hang of this! So, I went to the gym the other day and found out that I need 1400 cals a day just to live. So that times 7 is.......9800. That plus what I burn weekly is 14350. If I eat 9800 a week that is a deficit of 4500 something cals so I should cut at least a pound and a half a week right? Any feedback would be great!

thats some good math ;)

how do you figure thtat you burn 14350 calories each week?

what are your current stats? (height, weight, approx. bf%).

Well, I added up all of the things I do each week. So I multiplied 1400 (needed to live) by 7, jogging 3 miles x 5 mornings, spin x 2 nights, wakeboarding x 2 days, and weight lifting x 4 evenings and thats how I came up with how many calories I use. Then tracked the calories I eat, subtracted that from what I burn, and found that I burn more than I eat by like 4500 something cals. I could be off though.

I am 5'5, 24% BF (horrible for this board I know) and weigh 147. Trying to get to 130 or 135, and about 19% BF.

I find it wierd because if someone told me, hey, I'm 5'5 and almost 150 I might picture someone fat but I'm not really "fat" or "chunky" (I wear a size 5) so I don't know....................................

Sounds more complicated than it should be. First you should decide what your goals are. Lose fat, maintain or gain size. You can adjust your calories accordingly but I usually go by what I need per day as opposed to weekly. The number become so large at that point. If you go day by day it's easier to keep your goal in perspective. :)

Don't forget, the numbers on a scale don't always speak the truth about what you see in the mirror. I am 5'4" and almost 150 now. I am in a size 4. Nobody ever will judge you by what the scale says. You should concentrate on an overall look you want to maintain, clothing sizes, body structure and even overall bf%. Using a flat number will drive you crazy b/c your muscle and fat will be consistantly changing. I threw the numbers out the window a long time ago. The only thing I weigh now is my food :laugh: You'll get there! ;)

That's good advice. I see your point on the day to day thing, but for me I need to see the whole picture. When I do the day to day, I end up saying, oh, this one little brownie won't hurt, lol! I completley agree with you about the whole scale thing, sometimes I feel like throwing mine out the window, hehe!

shutupntra1n said:
I am 5'4" and almost 150 now.
wow, what's your bf? I think you have more muscle than me :chomp:

Back