• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Torn Muscle ?

milliman

Pull up master
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any advice would be appreciated.

I was whipping out some pullups to show off for my daughter
when I felt a bad pain in my lat (by my armpit). A couple of
days later I noticed a small bruise by may armpit. It was about
1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long. It has been 3 weeks now and I
do not feel anything on an ordinary day. I can bench, do curls
and bent over rows with no pain or sensation at all. If I do a
lat pull down I do not feel pain, but it does not feel right / normal.

Has anyone had this happen before and if so is there a general
rule for how long to lay off of a tear ?

I assumed since it did not hurt I would just come back slowly
and see how it feels, but I do not want to risk
a worse tear.

Thanks in advance for any input.

if you're really worried get an MRI, however based on the fact that you say you can do exercises without pain I would not worry about it. if you tore some tissue it will repair itself, if you tore muscle off a tendon then you would need surgery, however if this were the case you would still be in pain and you would have had a very large bruise in that area.

tip, never do an exercise without a proper warm-up. ;)

Thanks, feedback from an experienced lifter
helps put my mind at ease.

Sometimes I think the worst thing possible.

The bruise is a sign of something, but the person I talked to who had a tear there which was minor could not put on or remove a shirt without crying in pain.

Same exact thing just happened to me a couple of days ago, except it's on my left pec. I was attempting a 1 rep. max though, and it kinda had a little pulling feeling, so I stopped for the day, and the next day I have a very faint bruise on my pec about the size of a quarter. I've let it go a couple days, with no pain at all. I guess once my pec day comes up, i may take it easy, or just test the waters, see how i feel.

When I've had problems on ME days its not even so bad I'd see a bruise, I would very highly recommend being carefull there. I do about 5-6 sets of warmups on my way to benching, and right now I start out at 8 reps, no more 1RM for awhile. I go down to about 3-4.

milliman said:
I assumed since it did not hurt I would just come back slowly
and see how it feels, but I do not want to risk
a worse tear.
Maybe that is what happening? Your bruise is something like a predisposition to a big tear to happen or is there other explanation for the bruise? Someone can explain this?

Can a moderator move this thread to General Health? Thanks

Back