• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Enough Or Overtraining

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mon (chest) Sets

Bench Press 4
Incline Bench Flyes 4
Incline Dumbell 4
Decline Barbell 4

Tues (back)

Deadlifts 4
Lat Pull Downs (f) 4
Facedown Rows 4
Low Pulley Row 4
T-bar 4

Wed (legs)

Squats 6
Leg Ext 4
Calves 4

Thurs (shoulders)

Military Press ? 4
Dumbell Lateral Raises 4
Shrugs 4
Standing Rows 4
Front Lateral Raise 4

Fri (arms)

Barbell Curls 4
Incline Db Curls 4
Preacher Bench / High Reps 4
Skull Crush (t) 4
Close Grip Bench Press (t) 4
Pushdowns Machine (t) 4

All Sets Are 4-6 Reps W/ Heavy Weight

you do more sets on chest and arms than you do for legs, that makes no sense.

I never train 5 days in a row personally, 2 days in a row max.

since you're juicing you may be fine, for me the overall volume and number of exercises is too high.

personally I feel that after the first exercise the target muscle should be sufficiently warmed up so the need always pyramid up in weight in preceding exercises all the time is not needed. that would allow for higher working loads to be used with less volume.

LAM, i didn't understand anything u just said.. rephrase please?

pumpthatiron said:
LAM, i didn't understand anything u just said.. rephrase please?

Bench Press 4
Incline Bench Flyes 4
Incline Dumbell 4
Decline Barbell 4

to

Bench Press 4
Incline Dumbell 2 (chest is already warmed up no need to waste energy on working up to the highest work load)
Decline Barbell 2 - ditto here
Incline Bench Flyes 2 - flys are a stretch-muscle movement, don't need a lot of sets, just a couple of quality sets to help stretch the fascia

add chest-dips to your chest routine, drop the decline bench. or drop the flat bench, do incline and decline.

your leg workout is no where near enough.

this is my leg workout:

leg extension 3 sets
squat 10-12 sets (3 warm up sets)
SLDL 3 sets
leg curls 2 sets
calve raises 5 sets

so what exercises do you do for hamstring?? are you going to tell me you can't do any hamstring work because you are 52??

Tough Old Man said:
now shut up and squat idiot!!! LOL
:finger:

IML Gear Cream!
Some good comments already posted from LAM, Prince and Mortality....

Ditto! :thumbs:

This is to Mortality. Evevy other week i add stiff leg deadlifts to my back exercises. Any other Dumb ?'s. Maybe you could tell everyone just how tuff you are. I'm wondering if that's a picture of you and not some other guy at your local gym.

hmm did i say i'm tough?? i don't think so.
you don't wanna take advices from people and admit the fact that your routine was not so good?? i think so...maybe YOU should tell everyone just how tuff you are?? and yes that's a picture of me, i don't care if you believe it or not.

i have respect for a 52 year old guy who trains 5 days a week, but you just took that respect away from me. good luck with your training, tough old man.:wave:

Tough Old Man said:
Hey mortality. Think you could keep that up when you turn my age, 52.
now shut up and squat idiot!!! LOL
Ask that same question when you turn 75.
My dad is 75years old and is still winning trophies for body building competitions :D Not to brag or anything.. I guess you might say it is more of being proud. But to hear you talk about keeping up at your age of only 52 is a joke :laugh: :funny:

Mr. Mortality I agree by all the chat that the routine probably sucks. I want advice believe me. That's why I keep posting. I'm trying to get a feel from all of you. Sorry for the disrespect. If I didn't need help w/ my routine, I'd probably be doing something like cleaning up the 3/4 of a acre my house sits on instead of spending so much time on the internet. I just posted another routine called "it's your choice". how about looking at it, and reposting any changes. I here you brother and I'm listening.

T.O.M,

You will find many people with some great advice here and willing to help.
Gopro has an awsome program of his own you should check out called P/RR/S.
Do a search on it... You don't have to follow it to the tee, but the alternating movement idea makes a lot of sense.

Back