• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How Much Time is Required Between Figure Contests

bjunnel

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi All-

This is my first post; I would really appreciate some insight on the situation below.

I have been targeting a figure competition for 2 Oct 2004 and a second for 13 Nov 2004, the 2 Oct show has recently been cancelled. I would like to peak for the 13 Nov show but participate in a show in October in preparation (this will by my first show).

Does anyone have any idea whether it would be better to opt for a prep competition that is 6 weeks versus 3 weeks before the 13th show? Pros and cons of each?

I have already been dieting 8 weeks in preparation for the 2 Oct show; I am concerned about holding my conditioning until 13 Nov show unless I adjust my diet now.

Thanks

Bjunnel

Time B/N Cometitions

My current condition is pretty good; I am on target to competet for the 2 Oct show. I need to decide today whether to compete on 9 Oct or wait until the 23rd. While considering the impact and ability to recover for the 13th. I'll attach a picture of current conditioning.

You would just have to adjust your diet/cardio some so you don't peak at the first one.

I've done shows 3 weeks apart, with the goal to peak at the second one. You should recover pretty good if you don't go overboard with foods right afterward. The ideal sitituation would be to have a cheat food you have been craving right after the first show, then get back to the program the next day.

Time B/N Competitions

Thank you; I was leaning toward the 3 week option since it would segue nicely into the 13th show.

I figured out how to attach a photo this time; the 23 Oct show is 6 weeks out am too far ahead of schedule? Would you recommend upping calories for a week or two?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your delts look like your leggies, your gonna do fine. :thumb:
You can either adjust your calories or ease up on the cardio. If you have someone you are working with, I would seek their opinion on holding you where you are at now. Any leaner and you might be too lean. Cute figure!

JLB001 said:
If your delts look like your leggies, your gonna do fine. :thumb:
You can either adjust your calories or ease up on the cardio. If you have someone you are working with, I would seek their opinion on holding you where you are at now. Any leaner and you might be too lean. Cute figure!

Thanks JLB. that is interesting......I tell her the same damn thing and she doesn't trust me. Doesn't even trust her own coach. :confused: What up with that?

P...is she your client?

Always trust your coach. Especially if your coach 's Funky :D

You have a great figure and you will do well. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
yes she is my client......if she doesn't put her trust in me she wont be my client for much longer though.

You've done good with her! She looks great!!!

BJunnel....LISTEN to him! or we will hunt you down with a big stick to knock sense in your head! ;)

don't take it personally, she is just a bit insecure and is trying to gain more confidence by getting outside opinions.

I would like to see a back shot, assumming that the back matches the front you can definitely be ready in 3 weeks IMO.

JLB001 said:
You've done good with her! She looks great!!!

BJunnel....LISTEN to him! or we will hunt you down with a big stick to knock sense in your head! ;)
:haha: I second that.

Funky knows what he is doing. He's one of the best on this board. I would put my sole confidence in his abilities. It's natural to question things as I have done with my coach but you need to trust him.

Robert DiMaggio said:
don't take it personally, she is just a bit insecure and is trying to gain more confidence by getting outside opinions.

I would like to see a back shot, assumming that the back matches the front you can definitely be ready in 3 weeks IMO.

Her back is ripped! Upper back is shredded. Hammies and ass are holding a bit but starting to tighten up quickly and will get nice and tight once water is dropped. Plus, a little ass isn't so bad for figure compeitors.

I don;t take it personally. I just love to give her shit. :)

Both Jodi(e)'s will be hunting her down with sticks!

P-funk said:
Her back is ripped! Upper back is shredded. Hammies and ass are holding a bit but starting to tighten up quickly and will get nice and tight once water is dropped. Plus, a little ass isn't so bad for figure compeitors.

I don;t take it personally. I just love to give her shit. :)

sounds good, be careful they do not like the Figure competitors to cut or too hard, at least that is our experience at the NPC state level shows.

Robert DiMaggio said:
sounds good, be careful they do not like the Figure competitors to cut or too hard, at least that is our experience at the NPC state level shows.

I know. That is what I am really afraid of. She is ripped and hard but not enought muscle for bodybuilding (yet ;) ). I am scared of her getting so lean. She looks good though. I am proud of her.

I did four comps this year, the first two were three weeks apart and I had no problem with peaking in time for the second.
My last two comps were one week apart and that, I have to say, was brutal... if I had had a choice in the matter I wouldn't have done two shows that close together, it just happened to be the way our provincials and nationals were scheduled... it's very hard to water deplete for two shows that are that close, to avoid any rebound and still go in to the comp not looking flat.
Three weeks should be ample time though.
As JLB mentioned you want to avoid getting too lean too soon. Figure judges will tend to mark you down for coming in too hard and striated... I got marked down for being too hard and striated in my shoulders and upper back in two of my shows. I would definately carb up the night before contest if you are looking a little on the hard side.
Great physique by the way... best of luck! :thumb:
Ps. Nice work P-funk. :D

IML Gear Cream!
Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Yes, P-Funk is my coach and he is great! I absolutely couldn't do the dieting without him. I'm just a little nervous because this will be my first competition.

Hold your head up high girl! You should be proud of yourself! We all get nervous, even beyond the first show. Its natural thing to happen.

Good luck and don't be a stranger around here.

bjunnel said:
Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Yes, P-Funk is my coach and he is great! I absolutely couldn't do the dieting without him. I'm just a little nervous because this will be my first competition.

ah, you're so sweet. :heartpump :kiss:

Back