• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

very very curious now....

joey2005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I went to the doctor for a physical and asked a few questions on fat loss. HE said The body has 3 energy uses...Carbs,Fats,proteins....and the atkins philosophy is if you eliminate carbs...you would use fat .. NOw to me logically this sounds like it would work...why is this diet not good? i dont see how its something bad if you are using fat ..therefore losing fat.

Because your body has to have carbs to run. Once you start eating carbs again, your body goes crazy on storing them. Not to mention that you can't even think like a human when you don't have any carbs in your system, being as how your brain can only run on glucose.

right but you lose fat more efficiently correct? what if your goal is to lose the fat and you could care less about muscle?

joey2005 said:
I went to the doctor for a physical and asked a few questions on fat loss. HE said The body has 3 energy uses...Carbs,Fats,proteins....and the atkins philosophy is if you eliminate carbs...you would use fat .. NOw to me logically this sounds like it would work...why is this diet not good? i dont see how its something bad if you are using fat ..therefore losing fat.

Atkins, TKD, CKD, etc. are all good diets. but they are not for long term use or for those in involved in competitive sports...

Purdue Power said:
Because your body has to have carbs to run. Once you start eating carbs again, your body goes crazy on storing them. Not to mention that you can't even think like a human when you don't have any carbs in your system, being as how your brain can only run on glucose.
Fruit cat got it right again, I can´t even do anything without my carbs. Right now I am cutting but the proportion of macronutrients stays the same, still 40% of carbs for me.

Purdue Power said:

Your body can run nicely off ketones.

LAM said:
Atkins, TKD, CKD, etc. are all good diets. but they are not for long term use or for those in involved in competitive sports...

Does anyone know the exact failure rate of Atkins? I'm fairly sure it's quite high. I rarely meet anyone who changes their diet to low carb temporarily and keeps everything off. However, those who keep with it and reintroduce small amounts of carbs seem to do okay.

ponyboy said:
Does anyone know the exact failure rate of Atkins? I'm fairly sure it's quite high. I rarely meet anyone who changes their diet to low carb temporarily and keeps everything off. However, those who keep with it and reintroduce small amounts of carbs seem to do okay.
I can tell you that EVERYONE without exception that I know who has tried atkins has succeeded... and then totally failed with a vengeance.

They all lost a lot of weight super fast. But here's where they went wrong (well besides going wrong by doing Atkins to begin with): once they were happy with their new bodies, they went back to eating the stuff they'd given up, with disastrous results. A couple of them have decided to just go the tried-and-true way of cleaning up their diets and balancing their macros and stuff, but a handful have opted to take the "Atkins didnt work for me. I'm just meant to be fat..." route. Sad.

No Carbs - You Will Feel Like Shit, And Look The Same Also. I Tried That Before. For A 200 Lb Person To Lose Weight. Eat No More Or Less Than 200 - 225 Carbs. But Higher Protein.

NEW_IN_THE_GAME said:
No Carbs - You Will Feel Like Shit, And Look The Same Also. I Tried That Before. For A 200 Lb Person To Lose Weight. Eat No More Or Less Than 200 - 225 Carbs. But Higher Protein.

it all depends on the person...my body runs fine at 240 lbs with a carb intake of less than 100 grams a day...but I don't work and am inactive outside of the gym so my body doesn't need a lot of carbs...

Back