• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

65 pounds to lose...help!!!

niceguy2702

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi all..as explained in other threads..im 40 been out if training for bout 10 yrs now and am grossly overweight!!...i am getting back in2 training, and am hoping someone can give me some advice on diet!!!....how should i best eat and what should i eat...many thanks from mr niceguy!!!:thumb:

niceguy2702 said:
hi all..as explained in other threads..im 40 been out if training for bout 10 yrs now and am grossly overweight!!...i am getting back in2 training, and am hoping someone can give me some advice on diet!!!....how should i best eat and what should i eat...many thanks from mr niceguy!!!:thumb:

did you check out this link?
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113
it tells you everything you know to get your diet in order.

everyone here is willing to help you to get on your way. you reading and learning the information yourself is also part of it. check the link out, then we will answer any questions that you have. there is a lot more to it than "telling you what to eat."

a mixture of cardio and weight lifting mixed with a good healthy diet is what you need. the link above will explain what foods to eat, how often, and how much. it is a long road and it takes a lot of discipline but having this "support group" does wonders mentally.

i also suggest designating 1 day as a cheat day for yourself. a day for you to eat what you want, to satisfy any cravings that you may have, and also as a reward for the hard work your putting into it the other 6 days of the week.

dont hesitate to ask questions, but try to learn as much as you can on your own to get the basics. welcome aboard! :thumb:

also, 1st thing you need to do is write down your goal.....short term and long term. post them everywhere to keep you focused whenever those cravings kick in. i.e. long term goal might be to get to 190 pounds and ripped. short term goal may be to get to 250 pounds. do it in baby steps so it isnt overwhelming. achieving small milestones will give you the motivation you need to reach the long term goals.

My first advice is actually to get your expectations calibrated. It will take you 12 weeks just to start reversing the years of abuse. I am talking from personal experience. Most people will get discouraged since they will not see dramatic changes initially on the scale. But the body's metabolism will be completely regearing, improving circulation, replacing old weak cellular tissue with strong cells and start changing your body composition and ratios. Specific body areas will show drastic definition improvements but the waist (for men) will be the slowest to go. My advise is to stay off the scales for 3-4 weeks at a time and use only a fat caliper since you will be swapping a lot of fat for muscle and changing the amount of water your body retains - scale weight is irrelevant and may discourage you; but major internal changes will take place as organ fat is used up and reduced. You need to think realistically but optimistically and be thinking 1 year out. Your body is going to want to fight back at first and you will be sore and there will be times where you will want to cave in and stop. Don't give in. Once you detox your system and get weened off all the junk carbs you will be amazed at how little you crave food. In fact for me my challenge was eating enough food ( 5 meals per day with a daily deficit of only 500 cals of basic metabolic needs). A good target weight loss (if you really want to get on that scale) is about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week average. Initially it will come of relatively fast and appear higher but it's a false loss - (lots of water and chemistry changes). Avoid over stimulating the appetite with very aromatic and tasty foods and spices. I purposely chose bland foods and got to LOVE them for their blandness. It's a whole new psychology - eating to feed the muscle rather than eating (and overeating) to enjoy flavor. This latter thinking is the drug like phenomena about food. You must kick this. Also - hate to say it - but alcohol is truely a poison to the body and must be avoided or severely reduced. Once you break this mindset you will get all fanatical on food quality (there are better proteins and good fat choices than others) and being crazy about getting the most nutrition for each calorie consumed. You will find that for about each 4 lbs of weight loss you will lose 1 pant size. I use this as my scale and busted my bank account buying new clothes all the time and chasing my waist size down with new clothes. Actually its a super motivator to be able to predict when you get to make your next purchase of new slacks and have them look trimmer each time you do. Its an incremental reward. So focus on long term objectives but have some intermediate term objectives too to get strenght and encouragement from.

Any way - just do it. Stick to it. When you do fall off the wagon (and you will because life will deal you setbacks as part of the process to test your will) just shake it off, regroup and get right back at it with a vengeance within a day or two. Do not get trapped into the perfection and all or none mentality (I had this problem too). Take your gains and be proud of htem. Take your failurs, learn and go around them. Maintain momentum and then believe. Once you believe you program yourself for success and you become a winner.

Good Luck,
OD

Great post OceanDude! Very true as well! :)

dianas05 said:
Great post OceanDude! Very true as well! :)

nobody ever compliments my posts. :bawling: perhaps they are trying to tell me something. :grin:

Don't worry, your post is also worth reading! ;)

I must agree with both bulletproof1 & OceanDude!

All of their posts are perfect and if followed there should be no reason you can't achieve your goals unless you don't want it! The information they supplied is golden and there are many others here to support you in your journey, just take that initial step to educating yourself as much as possible and it just starts to become an addiction. Believe me on that I'm a prime example.

Good Luck!

Back