• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The PWO shake game

Cold Iron

High $ociety
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's in your shake ??

I take 46 g whey protein
35 g Dextrose
30 g Oats

thinking of upping dex and oats, to get near a 3:1.....

My PWO shake consists of 30oz water, 30gr protien, 30gr dextrose, 30gr maltodextrin and 5gr L-glutimine. I also take a scoop of creatine and chase with the first swig of my PWO drink.

I will sometimes up all the above by 10gr on heavy leg or back days because they are bigger muscle groups.

for me it depends what my goals are:

* All shakes are taken w/ 16 oz cold water

cutting - 40 grams whey/60 grams whole oats
maintain - 40 grams whey/30 grams whole oats & 30 grams maltodextrin
bulking - 40 grams whey/75 grams carbs using a combination of dextrose, maltodextrin and banana

* 30 minutes after my PWO shake I have 20 grams of BCAA's and 10 grams of L-Glutamine

* 30 minutes later I consume a solid food meal with a quality protein and low GI complex carbs

LAM said:
for me it depends what my goals are:

* 30 minutes after my PWO shake I have 20 grams of BCAA's and 10 grams of L-Glutamine

You do that when cuttin only or all the time? If so thats a lot of BCAAs, what brand do you use? I onyl ask becasue if u take in that much you must know the best deal around ;)

O yea, not ideal but next trip to the store I will add more protien and dextrose. Right now its

35g dextrose
30g protein
5g creatine

I like LAMs idea of waiting that 30 min to get in ur glutamine though, I think I will steal that :thumb:

40g whey
60g dextrose/maltodex
8oz water

i drink 36oz of water during workout.

30 grams whey/water or skim milk (8 oz.) That's it. Sometimes, I'll throw in 1/2 c of oats or banana.

1 Scoop of 100% Whey Protein Powder 22G or Protein
1 Banana
3 Spoons Of Strawberry No-Fat Yogurt

Mix It Up All In A Blender.. Is That Good For Bulking ?
im 19, 150lbs and 5'10

TheDeed said:
1 Scoop of 100% Whey Protein Powder 22G or Protein
1 Banana
3 Spoons Of Strawberry No-Fat Yogurt

Mix It Up All In A Blender.. Is That Good For Bulking ?
im 19, 150lbs and 5'10

Throw another scoop in there.
If youre bulking, couldnt hurt to experiment with Dextrose and/or maltodex as well

JoeR. said:
You do that when cuttin only or all the time? If so thats a lot of BCAAs, what brand do you use? I onyl ask becasue if u take in that much you must know the best deal around ;)

O yea, not ideal but next trip to the store I will add more protien and dextrose. Right now its

35g dextrose
30g protein
5g creatine

I like LAMs idea of waiting that 30 min to get in ur glutamine though, I think I will steal that :thumb:

I do it all the time....

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=XT001&back=yes&dept=1464&last=1464

I can't wait to get my L-glutamine. A freind of mine who thinks it's a waste is going to give me some to see if I like it.

IML Gear Cream!
do you guys mix your powder creatine monohydrate in with your protein shake ?

yep. i just add the pro+ground oats+cre and take it with me. At the end of the wo, i add water, shake and drink.

i take a musclelink recover-x shake with my creatine mixed in.

40g protein
60g carbs
10g glutamine peptide
2g L-arginine
100 mg methoxyisoflavone

plus

6g creatine
34g carbs (all sugar)
1g taurine
and other crap

Back