• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ground Buffalo Meat - Conflicting Nutritional Info

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just bought some ground buffalo meat last night (you know, because i'm all chicken/tuna/turkeyed out). I intended to cook this and eat it in 3 oz. servings.

I've looked up the nutritional info on three different sites and got three different values from each. The one that is most strikingly different is FitDay's summary. The other two are off from each other by single digits.

NutritionData.com

Cal: 202
Fat: 13
Sat Fat: 5
Prot: 20

CalorieKing.com

Cal: 195
Fat: 11
Sat Fat: 8
Prot: 22

FitDay.com

Cal: 111.35
Fat: 1.53
Sat Fat: 0.51
Prot: 22.81

Anyone have experience with buffalo meat that would care to shed some light on the subject? I want my numbers as accurate as possible. I plan on grilling this up as 3 oz. patties with salt-free seasoning.

Buffalo is way leaner than beef. I usually find it for 2-3G fat for a 4oz. serving.

Jodi said:
Buffalo is way leaner than beef. I usually find it for 2-3G fat for a 4oz. serving.
So the Fitday numbers seem more accurate then...

Hmmm......come to think of it, thats for buffalo steaks. Ground buffalo is about 4-6G fat for 4 oz.

Jodi said:
Hmmm......come to think of it, thats for buffalo steaks. Ground buffalo is about 4-6G fat for 4 oz.
Either way - the first two links post fat for 3 oz. in the double digits! Ground and cooked. That just doesn't sound right.

Andthen fit day posts fat at 1.5 g forthe same 3 oz. of ground/cooked buffalo.

My god this is so confusing. And the packaging I have shows no information other than weight and storage instructions.

Thanks jodi.

Back