• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I am very confused

RaBiD_RaBBiT

RaBbiT iN THe HoLe
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many reps is too little? My aim is for strength, not for toning or endurance. For example, when I do bench, I do:

7 reps of 135
5 reps of 155
3 reps of 175
1 rep of 195

My workout buddy is telling me that I my system is all fubbed up because I jump 20 lbs. and jump down 2 reps. He claims that I should do a system that looks like this:

7 reps of 155
6 reps of 165
5 reps of 175

Is my old system good enough, or is this new system better?

Oh yeah, like my avatar?

RaBiD_RaBBiT said:
How many reps is too little? My aim is for strength, not for toning or endurance. For example, when I do bench, I do:

7 reps of 135
5 reps of 155
3 reps of 175
1 rep of 195

My workout buddy is telling me that I my system is all fubbed up because I jump 20 lbs. and jump down 2 reps. He claims that I should do a system that looks like this:

7 reps of 155
6 reps of 165
5 reps of 175

Is my old system good enough, or is this new system better?

Oh yeah, like my avatar?
Huh, you say something ? I was checking out your avatar.

It is... freaking awsome... to say the least :D

Ive been staring at it for some time now...jsut can't seem to close the page. Wigle the scroll bar a little and it makes it look like their jumping almost. :yes:

if your working for strength you should keep all your reps to 3 and under, after you have warmed up that is. You can do acclimation sets as i call them, with lighter weight but reduce the reps so they don't tax you too much. I'd say warm up, then pick a weight and start hitting 1's, 2's, 3's with it for a couple of sets.

oh, ok thanks Yanick.

Hey... they do jump up and down...

I almost agree with yanick, Id say 4-6 reps try not to do more than 4 youll be cool

i might have posted that a little too hastily. What type of strength are you looking for exactly? If you are training for strong 1rm's, then stick to what i said. If you are looking for strength for sports, stick to what i said plus speed work (do a search, a ton of stuff has been posted on this forum about speed work in the past couple of months), plyometrics, sport specific stuff etc. If you just want to look cool squatting 405 like its a feather, then you could just stick to traditional bb'ing rep schemes and eat and get stronger.

Back