• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Myths

michael74737

Cutting
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What are some of the dumbest myths u have heard of about working out?

Mine:

If you dont work out continiously then the muscle u built will turn into fat.

- Only if you train to muscle failure, your muscles will grow.
- Cable Crosses train the "inner chest".
- Concentration Curls trai your biceps for maximum height.
- There are exercises which define your muscles.
- High reps define your mucles.
- Isolation exercises are bad for hypertrophy.

Fuji :wave:

for me, the greatest myth and one that lead to the longest length of failure for me is "you need to train your XXX muscle more cuz its weaker". and i would, and it would get smaller or stay the same and then it would get burnt out.

The first biggest change came when i did s1+. the second biggest change and equally important is when i started training no body part more than once a week. i'd say if it's got to be one or the other, i would rather undertrain than to overtrain. i.e. if your busy, train each body part once every 8 or 9 days then, but no matter what, just dont overtrain.

I'm gonna get bulk up to xxx pounds then start working out to turn the fat into muscle.

The myth I hate the most has to be the one that says bodybuilders are insecure and they are trying to make up for other shortcomings.

The people that look at anyone with a tiny bit of muscle and say 'steroids' piss me off too.

The people that look at anyone with a tiny bit of muscle and say 'steroids' piss me off too
Johnnny?
:lol:

Mudge said:
I'm gonna get bulk up to xxx pounds then start working out to turn the fat into muscle.

:haha: I hear that all the time. The sad thing is I heard a personal trainer recommend that to a client that before. :nope: I couldn't believe it.

Im gonna follow (Insert Stupid Bodybuilder's) plan to a "T" because if he can get big using that program, so can I.

OR

Bodybuilders are big because they eat a lot, train a lot and take MuscleTech Products.

IML Gear Cream!
busyLivin said:
:haha: I hear that all the time. The sad thing is I heard a personal trainer recommend that to a client that before. :nope: I couldn't believe it.

what's even more comical are the skinny people who say they are going to lift at home and get big before joining a gym because they don't want to go in there skinny...lol like the huge guys in the gym were born that way...:rolleyes:

I think all of the people who I know who have made that comment never started working out at home, so needless to say they never joined a gym...

one myth i hate is the one that says you have to work out for x amount of time to see any results.

My dad feels like my workouts are too short (30 to 1 hr dependin on what body part is it) he works out for like 2 hr man i'm like uhhhh thats entirely too long and he's like nah i feel like i did enough now you need to workout that long ... maybe u should workout in the morning and at night two workouts a day 1 hr a piece ... i'm just like shut the fuck up (2 myself of course lol) but yea i hate that one

Premiere said:
one myth i hate is the one that says you have to work out for x amount of time to see any results.

My dad feels like my workouts are too short (30 to 1 hr dependin on what body part is it) he works out for like 2 hr man i'm like uhhhh thats entirely too long and he's like nah i feel like i did enough now you need to workout that long ... maybe u should workout in the morning and at night two workouts a day 1 hr a piece ... i'm just like shut the fuck up (2 myself of course lol) but yea i hate that one

You couldn't say that any better man. My mom tells me this... I just tell her to shut the fuck up too (except I actually say it :)).

I like the one that when you stop training all of your earned muscle will turn to fat.

That your penis shrinks when you start working out.

Oh and the biggest one of all....That Boston will beat the Yankees this year.:no:

1. I don't want to work out because if I stop, all my muscle will turn to fat.
2. If I do the routine of such and such pro bodybuilder, I can get big too.
3. Your workout should not be more than one hour.
4. I do not have to squat.
5. I do not have to do deadlifts.
6. Women should train differently than men.
7. If I use the same steroid cycle as such and such bodybuilder, I will have the same results.
8. If that buff muscular guy ( or girl) gives me a training routine or advice, it has to be right because they look so great themselves.

IML Gear Cream!
Egoatdoor said:
1. I don't want to work out because if I stop, all my muscle will turn to fat.
2. If I do the routine of such and such pro bodybuilder, I can get big too.
3. Your workout should not be more than one hour.
4. I do not have to squat.
5. I do not have to do deadlifts.
6. Women should train differently than men.
7. If I use the same steroid cycle as such and such bodybuilder, I will have the same results.
8. If that buff muscular guy ( or girl) gives me a training routine or advice, it has to be right because they look so great themselves.

I agree with #3,4, & 5!!! I think those are valid, not myths :)

Last edited:
The biggest problem with the guys around here, is that the stupid coaches have put it into their mind that more is better so my most hated myth would be
"The more you train, the better, so working out the same muscle group everyday is what you need to do"....

Fujiama said:
- Only if you train to muscle failure, your muscles will grow.
I disagree. This is not a myth but a rule. Only when your muscle finds itself exposed to an overload, and is exposed to this overload to the point it can not handle this overload any further. Only then it will know adaptations will be made. This is where growth comes in.

Thats why running a mile doesnt build muscle on our upper body :nanner:

shad said:
I disagree. This is not a myth but a rule. Only when your muscle finds itself exposed to an overload, and is exposed to this overload to the point it can not handle this overload any further. Only then it will know adaptations will be made. This is where growth comes in.

Thats why running a mile doesnt build muscle on our upper body :nanner:

lol...progressive overload has NOTHING to do with training to either eccentric or concentric failure...

training to failure is about as neccessary as feeling the burn or getting a pump in terms of stimulating hypertrophy...

LAM said:
lol...progressive overload has NOTHING to do with training to either eccentric or concentric failure...

training to failure is about as neccessary as feeling the burn or getting a pump in terms of stimulating hypertrophy...
Couldnt have said it better myself. Good post LAM. :thumb:

so your saying that i can do 6 reps of my max, and be done with?

and ill be stimulating as much hypertrophy as if i were to do 3 sets of 4-6?..

and which studies have proved this?

Hey is this the same shad on the wanna be big forum. I just love reading your fucked up post today on that forum telling everyone on wanna get big that there's is the only forum that doesn't have idiots asking stupid ?s. BUDDY YOU OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE coming to this forum and giving advise and ?ing people like MR. LAM. So shad go fuck off and go crawl back underneath the rock you crawled out from. Below is shad's post....

Wanna Be Big - Better than the rest
Ive concluded that this forum in general is "smarter" in general.

Ive found most other forums that belong to BBing magazines ask stupid questions, alot

uhm no? ...

this is the only forum i participate in?

your really cool "Tough Old Man"

Click the link at the bottom of my sig if youw ant some evidence Shad.

In the mean time, you could certainly PROOVE why more than one set is necessary?

Tough Old Man said:
Hey is this the same shad on the wanna be big forum. I just love reading your fucked up post today on that forum telling everyone on wanna get big that there's is the only forum that doesn't have idiots asking stupid ?s. BUDDY YOU OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE coming to this forum and giving advise and ?ing people like MR. LAM. So shad go fuck off and go crawl back underneath the rock you crawled out from. Below is shad's post....

Wanna Be Big - Better than the rest
Ive concluded that this forum in general is "smarter" in general.

Ive found most other forums that belong to BBing magazines ask stupid questions, alot
:rofl:

Shad, you just got owned.

Back