• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Green tea..

just at home

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I drink Green tea on Carb days for health and keep body fat down, but is it still worth drinking when cutting with low carb high fat diet, even tho green tea is known to reduce the ability to consume/ absorb fat in the stomach as well as burn body fat!?!

Thanks

Justin

My aerobics instructor just started drinking green tea and she found it gives her the runs. Gross! But it does have benefits and you can pick up info on-line. I have a hand held Guide to Green Tea I picked up at the Pharmacy chain. Has a lot of usefull info.

i :heart: green tea. Its always worth drinkin in my opinion. Like i said in another post a second ago, the theophylline in green tea acts as a diuretic, helping to rid the body of excess water. So if your cutting, drink all the water you can handle, and drink you green tea!

oh and btw, whats with the low card high FAT diet ?

I would drink green tea daily not just on carb days. green tea is a great antioxidant and does help to increase lipolysis...

I never knew these things about green tea. I'll have to try some; it's been a long time.

Sabre:
When cutting carbs I need to keep cals up, which means good fats have to go up also... as well as Protein...
I'm basically trying out a carb rotation...

I need at least 2 cups of green tea to get through the day, I love the stuff and it's really healthy so drink some up everyday, no matter what your diet looks like for that day.

CowPimp said:
Interesting read. Short, but informative. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the metabolic increase is solely due to the caffeine, or if the benefit is still seen in decaffeinated green tea? I prefer to avoid caffeine. Caffeine makes me fidgety and antsy.

ditto. i can't stand caffeine.

IML Gear Cream!
My dad (and,ironically my stepfather...) went to Japan right after he graduated to teach. He explained to me one time why he started drinking green tea "When I was in Japan, the Japanese ate, they smoked, they drank and they drank green tea and they all lived to be 90". An exgeration, but my father is 46, he smokes, drinks, drinks his green tea, does his Tai Chi, doesn't eat meat, didnt have glasses until he was 41 and still doesn't have a grey hair on him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\DOS
C:\DOS RUN
RUN DOS RUN

C:\mps\colonization\colonization:)

CowPimp said:
Interesting read. Short, but informative. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the metabolic increase is solely due to the caffeine, or if the benefit is still seen in decaffeinated green tea? I prefer to avoid caffeine. Caffeine makes me fidgety and antsy.
It is not just the caffine in green tea that helps with your metabolism - it is also to do with another compound it contains, a polyphenol known as EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). So you still get the effect without the caffine (although it will have a synergistic effect if taken with the caffine)...

Some articles if you are interested:
Study about Green tea and thermogenesis

Modulation of obesity by a green tea catechin

Study on the efficacy of a green tea extract in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation

And a little more info:
Modulation of Endocrine Systems and Food Intake by Green Tea Epigallocatechin Gallate

awesome info emma-leigh!

Emma-Leigh said:
It is not just the caffine in green tea that helps with your metabolism - it is also to do with another compound it contains, a polyphenol known as EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). So you still get the effect without the caffine (although it will have a synergistic effect if taken with the caffine)...

Some articles if you are interested:
Study about Green tea and thermogenesis

Modulation of obesity by a green tea catechin

Study on the efficacy of a green tea extract in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation

And a little more info:
Modulation of Endocrine Systems and Food Intake by Green Tea Epigallocatechin Gallate

Very informative. Thanks much.

tea

green tea is good, but WHITE tea is the daddy guys........

Ian

Back