• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Carbs+Protein , Fat+Protein meals ONLY!

mr_fitness

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is the board´s opinon about never combine fat and carbs in the same meal.

Im bulking and eat as follow:

07.00 Oatmeal + Tunafish (70g carbs + 60g Protein)
Yeah i know its fat in the oatmeal
10.00 Flaxeed oil+Tunafish (45g Fat + 50g protein)
13.00 spaghetti + tunafish ( 60g carbs +50g protein)
16.00 spaghetti + tunafish ( 60g carbs +50g protein)
17.00 Slice bread + tunafish (30g carbs + 37.5g protein)
18.00 Workout
19.00 PostWorkOut Gainer ( 75g carbs + 70g protein)
20.00 spaghetti + tunafish ( 50g carbs +50g protein)
22.00 spaghetti + tunafish ( 50g carbs +50g protein)
24.00 Flaxeed oil+Tunafish (45g Fat + 50g protein)

Add about 5 L water / day and richly with vegs. to 4 of the meals.
I also add vitamins supplements and dhe dha fat acids.

Total Gram: 395g Carbs 417,5g Protein 90g Fat (not included the fat in tunafish can and from the carbs sources)
Total Kcal: Carbs:1580kcal Protein:1670kcal Fat:810kcal
4060kcal
Total % : Carbs: 38,9% Protein: 41,1% Fat: 20%

Like you se, i dont think pizza and other cheat supplements is included in an diet plan, bulking or cutting.

I have done good with this diet, and wondering if i should do even more good with an other plan.

Fact.
Age 22
187 Pound
6 foot
aprox. 12% bodyfat
Trained for 2 years

Im doing Eq 500mg / w , Prop 50mg EOD

Give me critic.

Day 1: Biceps - Legs(front side)
Day 2: Chest - abd.
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back - Leg (backside) - Calf
Day 5: shoulder - Triceps - Trapz
Day 6: Rest

Begin with "Day 1" again.

Last edited:
#1 - you need to vary your sources of protein(s). each source of animal protein has a different amino acid profile. they complement each other when each is consumed on a regular basis

#2 - some fats are essential to stabilize serum glucose levels with high carb meals

#3 - IMO...417 grams of protein is way too much for a person with 165 lbs of LBM or non-fat

lam, dont some proteins contain all the aminos though?

May I ask why you having 45 grams of fat in your 2'nd meal?
In my opinion, I think it would be better if you swtich meal 22.00 with your 2'nd meal

Like LAM said, you need to vary your protein sources and carbs as well.. how about Brown Rice, Yams ??

bulletproof1 said:
lam, dont some proteins contain all the aminos though?

all animal proteins are complete proteins and contain all 9 essential amino acids. the amino acid profile is how much of each amino acid that food item contains...

sara said:
May I ask why you having 45 grams of fat in your 2'nd meal?
In my opinion, I think it would be better if you swtich meal 22.00 with your 2'nd meal

Like LAM said, you need to vary your protein sources and carbs as well.. how about Brown Rice, Yams ??
I dont want to eat any Fat for minimum 4hours after my workout due i have read that it will be stored easily in my fatcells.
And i want to get 20% of my energy from fat, thats why i have added the fat+protein meal at 10am.

LAM said:
#1 - you need to vary your sources of protein(s). each source of animal protein has a different amino acid profile. they complement each other when each is consumed on a regular basis

#2 - some fats are essential to stabilize serum glucose levels with high carb meals

#3 - IMO...417 grams of protein is way too much for a person with 165 lbs of LBM or non-fat
#1 Will i notice any big effect if i vary my protein intake?
I use tunafish because its so tham cheap and its very easy to just open and eat.

#2 what do you suggest would be a good meal for this then? I have thougt that you should stay away from fat at insuline peaks.

#3 even when im on a cycle?
How much would I eat at maximum then?

I have put on fat very easily, thats why im very strict with my bulking diet and afraid of doing wrong.

My bulk plan above, have i put togheter at my own after reading many articles and followed some debate on boards.

This exerpt may help give you an insight to your original question;

Insulin is primarily involved in nutrient transport. It facilitates glucose and amino acid transport into muscle cells, and fatty acid transport into fat cells. It also blocks many catabolic processes which is a good thing. Insulin is released in response to food ingestion in an effort to maintain a baseline blood glucose level.

Let me get into more detail about how insulin works, and what it all does. The following is a chart taken from the book 'Protein Power' that compares the relative amounts of insulin and glucagon released in response to various combinations of food:

COMBINATION ............................INSULIN .....................GLUCAGON
carbs alone ..................................***** ...........................none
protien alone ................................** ................................**
fat alone .......................................none ............................none
protien + fat .................................** ................................**
Carbs * fat ...................................**** .............................none
low carb + high protien ..................** ................................*
high carb + low protien ..................******** ......................*

Insulin's role is not only shuttling nutrients into tissues, but also fat storage, triggering cholesterol synthesis, water and sodium retention, and possibly appetite control (albeit indirectly). It also works against glucagon, preventing fatty acid mobilization, and may also prevent the release of growth hormone, if present in high levels.

Thx G-Man

But i want to hear others opinion in eating like me, not eat carbs and fat in the same meal

What´s the benefits? etc.

I cant be the only one that have tried this plan?
I have read plenty of articles of people that not combine fat and carbs in the same meal.

to be honest can't say i've tried it, and don't really think i will try it

only time i have a protein and fats meal is before bed, at other times of the day i always try and get some sort of carbs and try and drop carbs slightly in the evening and add in fats

e.g. if a choice between chicken or salmon i'd go for chicken in the day, salmon in the evening

i think you diet looks really silly, all you eat is tuna and pasta! or tuna and fat! that ain't right man!! get a george forman grill and replace some of that tuna with chicken, stake, and other fish such as salmon... will be much better for you, also easy up on the pasta, pasta is high Gi and that will make you fat! eat some veg, bread, rice, fruit for gawdsake!

mr fitness more like mr fishness, sort it out!! what will the ladies think when they get a whiff of your breath? i hope you have plenty of gum/spray on hand for that

serious fall back on the tuna kid, 2 cans max, coz that diet is a joke!

peace

IML Gear Cream!
Dude, the whole basis of this diet is that you eat P+F meals later in the day, after your workout to slow down protein metabolism/release. I believe the rule is that you eat C+P up until after your postworkout meals and then your last 2 or 3 are P+F.

I am actually contemplating doing this starting soon since it is one of the few diets I have not tried. There is good science behind it, but good science does not always transfer into real world results.

young d said:
to be honest can't say i've tried it, and don't really think i will try it

only time i have a protein and fats meal is before bed, at other times of the day i always try and get some sort of carbs and try and drop carbs slightly in the evening and add in fats

e.g. if a choice between chicken or salmon i'd go for chicken in the day, salmon in the evening

i think you diet looks really silly, all you eat is tuna and pasta! or tuna and fat! that ain't right man!! get a george forman grill and replace some of that tuna with chicken, stake, and other fish such as salmon... will be much better for you, also easy up on the pasta, pasta is high Gi and that will make you fat! eat some veg, bread, rice, fruit for gawdsake!

mr fitness more like mr fishness, sort it out!! what will the ladies think when they get a whiff of your breath? i hope you have plenty of gum/spray on hand for that

serious fall back on the tuna kid, 2 cans max, coz that diet is a joke!

peace
Don´t focus so tham much about my little varity of protein.
I have got this advice already in the thread.

I want to here why P+F+C each meal is to prefere to not combine C+F.
Have allso seen studies that you got insuline resistant if you eat carb to many times a day , thats why i take P+F some of the meals as well.

Dale Mabry said:
Dude, the whole basis of this diet is that you eat P+F meals later in the day, after your workout to slow down protein metabolism/release. I believe the rule is that you eat C+P up until after your postworkout meals and then your last 2 or 3 are P+F.

I am actually contemplating doing this starting soon since it is one of the few diets I have not tried. There is good science behind it, but good science does not always transfer into real world results.
If i follow your example i only got my PWD and second meal containing carbs after de workout. Is this enough?

Is there a golden rule on how many Hours after workout you should stay away from fat ??

Just eat clean, train hard and smart people worrying about counting combining this that and everything else end up stressing them selves out with sensory over load and end up going back wards instead of forwards. As long as its clean low glycemic carbs with good fats and solid lean protein source then you will be fine, do cardio for heart, and caloires in vs calories burned to loose weight and vice versa for slow weight gain. i would vary protein to get a variety of amino acids, eat low glycemic carbs, and use carb tamper according to work out schedule and have fun with it. If you see your self getting fat instead of dropping caloires keep caloires same and add more cardio, after aweek that doesn;t work lower caloires about 10% but keep in cardio.

Lower protein for god sakes !! to about 300 from food if you want more add in BCAAS, glutemine to increase intake.

hardasnails1973 said:
Just eat clean, train hard and smart people worrying about counting combining this that and everything else end up stressing them selves out with sensory over load and end up going back wards instead of forwards. As long as its clean low glycemic carbs with good fats and solid lean protein source then you will be fine, do cardio for heart, and caloires in vs calories burned to loose weight and vice versa for slow weight gain. i would vary protein to get a variety of amino acids, eat low glycemic carbs, and use carb tamper according to work out schedule and have fun with it. If you see your self getting fat instead of dropping caloires keep caloires same and add more cardio, after aweek that doesn;t work lower caloires about 10% but keep in cardio.

Lower protein for god sakes !! to about 300 from food if you want more add in BCAAS, glutemine to increase intake.
Clear and simple :thumb:

main things to remeber
1. train smarter not harder
2. Eat every 3 hours - clean protein/low glycemic carbs/ Good efas
3. post workout have a bigger meal then usual (if you are concerned ) shake would be appriopiate here. Lay off the dextrose (go with natural high glycemic food) white rice, potatoes, or best post workout drink iMO is beverly international mass maker,
4. do cardio when EVER just do it - morning may be best time but take some BCAAS or glutemine prior just as precaution if concered with muscle loss
5. breakfast eat more carbs then other meals and you can have fats as long as it is clean fat.
6. Good multivitamin, b complex, bcaas, glutemine,extra c, E cal/mg, extra zinc
7. sufficient rest
8 enjoy working out do not make it a job other wise as I stated before it can cause stress if you get over whelmed.
9. Use carb taper and reduce carbs to fiberous carbs later at night if you so desire
10. take every thing you hear and see from people at the gym with a grain of salt. Real world vs sciencitic results are 2 different worlds.
11. drink plenty of fluids 80% of the time water
12 remember the 90%/10% rule and you will always be successful . 90% clean 10% shit eating.
13 if nothing is working revaluate, change one variable at time to see what is working, this applies to all supplements as well. People take so much shit they don;t know what is working
14. After 6-8 weeks of hard training take a 4-7 day break from the gym or reduce the intensity or just enjoy life. when you go back you will grow much better and faster.

The whole nutrient timing is based on going from P+C up until your Postworkout meal. This meal should have more protein, but still contain carbs. Any meals after your postworkout meal should consist of Protein and Fat. This has to do with the whole insulin/glucagon thing touched upon earlier.

G-man said:
This exerpt may help give you an insight to your original question;

Insulin is primarily involved in nutrient transport. It facilitates glucose and amino acid transport into muscle cells, and fatty acid transport into fat cells. It also blocks many catabolic processes which is a good thing. Insulin is released in response to food ingestion in an effort to maintain a baseline blood glucose level.

Let me get into more detail about how insulin works, and what it all does. The following is a chart taken from the book 'Protein Power' that compares the relative amounts of insulin and glucagon released in response to various combinations of food:

COMBINATION ............................INSULIN .....................GLUCAGON
carbs alone ..................................***** ...........................none
protien alone ................................** ................................**
fat alone .......................................none ............................none
protien + fat .................................** ................................**
Carbs * fat ...................................**** .............................none
low carb + high protien ..................** ................................*
high carb + low protien ..................******** ......................*

Insulin's role is not only shuttling nutrients into tissues, but also fat storage, triggering cholesterol synthesis, water and sodium retention, and possibly appetite control (albeit indirectly). It also works against glucagon, preventing fatty acid mobilization, and may also prevent the release of growth hormone, if present in high levels.
Unfortunately, the authors of 'Protein Power' are not in accord with scientific research. Glucagon's purpose is to elicit the conversion of glycogen in the liver to glucose in the bloodstream. It is triggered by low blood sugar levels. According to reputable scientific research, there is no macronutrient that triggers the release of glucagon. It is the lack of food that triggers the release of glucagon. The idea of a food triggering insulin and glucagon at the same time is synonymous with turning left and right at the same time. They are opposite processes. Of course, the situation could be more complicated than it appears, and researches could be wrong about glucagon's role. As it stands now, all the reputable research I have found suggest what I have stated. The authors of Protein Power are widely considered to be just short of scam artists because they intentionally misrepresent the results of scientific research so that it backs up their theory. Here is a good source of info to use in determining who is trying to pull your chain for a profit: http://www.quackwatch.org/ Of course, if any one can provide legit research that says otherwise, I welcome it. :D

The basis for the release of glucagon in this nutrient timing diet is based on when you workout, not when/what you eat. Sorry I wasn't clearer on that.

Here is a little blurb, amino acids cause the release of both in healthy humans.

http://insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs-3.html

and here is one on protein feeding and glucagon release in rats.

http://ajpgi.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/236/1/G20

Finally, here is a blurb from endotext.org, an endocrinology website.

Alterations in nutrition also influence A cell function. Acute ingestion of pure or high carbohydrate meals suppresses glucagon release, whereas pure or high protein-containing meals stimulate glucagon release. Concomitant changes in plasma glucose and amino acid levels are probably responsible for these changes. Prolonged (i.e. weeks or days) alterations in diet also alter A cell function. During total starvation, there is an acute increase in plasma glucagon lasting 1 to 2 days, probably as a result of increased secretion (54). Prolonged ingestion of high-carbohydrate or isocaloric high-fat diet decreases basal and meal-stimulated plasma glucagon levels (55). Conversely, low-carbohydrate diets or high-protein diets increase basal and stimulated glucagon secretion (55). In obesity, increased plasma glucagon responses have been reported (56).

Dale Mabry said:
Here is a little blurb, amino acids cause the release of both in healthy humans.

http://insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs-3.html

and here is one on protein feeding and glucagon release in rats.

http://ajpgi.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/236/1/G20

Finally, here is a blurb from endotext.org, an endocrinology website.

Alterations in nutrition also influence A cell function. Acute ingestion of pure or high carbohydrate meals suppresses glucagon release, whereas pure or high protein-containing meals stimulate glucagon release. Concomitant changes in plasma glucose and amino acid levels are probably responsible for these changes. Prolonged (i.e. weeks or days) alterations in diet also alter A cell function. During total starvation, there is an acute increase in plasma glucagon lasting 1 to 2 days, probably as a result of increased secretion (54). Prolonged ingestion of high-carbohydrate or isocaloric high-fat diet decreases basal and meal-stimulated plasma glucagon levels (55). Conversely, low-carbohydrate diets or high-protein diets increase basal and stimulated glucagon secretion (55). In obesity, increased plasma glucagon responses have been reported (56).

Wow, thanks. That was very imformative. I suspected that glucagon must be more complex. I intend to read more on the subject soon. :thumb:

so say i was out during the day, and the day was not going to plan, and i had to snack on a relativly low-protein/high carb meal (like a jacket potato or sandwich with a average protein filling), could i take a couple of BCAA caps with this and that would help stimulate glucagon release?

would that be a good thing?...

(its so hard to get protein on the go, nowhere sells anything with a protein value of more than about 25g, in the UK anyway.. if they do its very rare and only a few grams more!)

and so i've got this straight... glucagon helps your muscles utilise protein? and counters insulin?

thanks, D.

young d said:
so say i was out during the day, and the day was not going to plan, and i had to snack on a relativly low-protein/high carb meal (like a jacket potato or sandwich with a average protein filling), could i take a couple of BCAA caps with this and that would help stimulate glucagon release?

would that be a good thing?...

(its so hard to get protein on the go, nowhere sells anything with a protein value of more than about 25g, in the UK anyway.. if they do its very rare and only a few grams more!)

and so i've got this straight... glucagon helps your muscles utilise protein? and counters insulin?

thanks, D.

Sort of. What are you trying to do here, lose or gain and when in the day is it. Just to make sure you all know, I have no idea if this diet works, I just started it yesterday. It just seems to be based on some pretty good science.

Also, I don't know whether or not the actions of Glucagon and Insulin are reflected correctly in that chart.

well right now i'm trying to lose weight

from next week onwards though it will be gain weight

yeah i don't get the chart, where is the HIGH protein, HIGH carbs and fats meal? like 99% of all meals have a mix of the 3 in so whats up with all these combinations of just 2

1 thing is for sure make sure you get high protein content in each meal :)

I get the idea of eating carb meals before and including your post workout meal, and then fat meals afterwards, however considering my post workout meal is the penultimate meal of the day that only leaves me with 1 fats meal, so maybe i should have a fats meal mid afternoon as well?

I'm not a big supporter of that kind of diet, but it does have some scientific backing to it. However, the idea is that you want to load up on carbs at breakfast, before a workout, and in your post workout meal. All of the other meals should be only protein and fat.

Back