• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Im really sore...

sweatshopchamp

J-Freak
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im an athlete as well as a bodybuilder. When I complete a hard practice of sprints or a tough session in the weight room I am so SORE! Why do i seem to get so sore while my buddies eat junk and dont really give a hoot about their body seem to be fine? I need help on how not to get sore. It could just be that the coaches overtrain us but there's not a whole lot i can do about the practice schedual.:confused:

when i first started bodybuilding i ached after every training sesh for a few months i still ache now just not as much, if you give it time your body should get used to it.

Ive been lifting and training for about three years. Everybody i talk to said that my training is good possibly a bit overtraining so Im slacking off a bit to see if that works. But are there any supplements that can help me recover faster?

sweatshopchamp said:
But are there any supplements that can help me recover faster?
Ask this q in the supplement forum. Lots of peeps here are like mad scientists when it comes to supps and nutrition.

Throw away all supplements. Just one or two multivit tabs per day (depending upon your weight and activity level) are good enough.

Just train less or rest more. It wont hurt your strength if you rest a day more.

Train less, not more, if you are sore

suresh said:
Throw away all supplements. Just one or two multivit tabs per day (depending upon your weight and activity level) are good enough.

Just train less or rest more. It wont hurt your strength if you rest a day more.

I disagree with you on this one. You don't need to take every supplement ever made, but you do need a few essentials:

- Multivitamin (overall health)
- Multi-mineral (overall health)
- Calcium/Magnesium (bones)
- A, C, & E (overall health and anti-oxidents)
- Glucosamine (joints)
- Creatine (many benefits including lactic acid inhibitor)
- Glutamine (many benefits including increased vascularity)

you are possibly overtraining ive been lifting for long time and sometimes (lately) i get so pumped and so excited that i just dont wanna stop training, and i overtrain after 5 years my chest is still sore after workouts i tihnk thats overtraining but i dont know for sure, anyone know for sure?

I think most legal supplements are essentially useless. With a healthy diet you get everything that is essential to proper development, and if you don't have a healthy diet, you will struggle as a bodybuilder (or an athlete).

If you're busy multivitamins or protein supplements have benefit. Creatine is the big exception here, and I even think that's probably overrated, depending on how well you might respond to it.

i dont happen to agree with you man, """""think most legal supplements are essentially useless"""""" that is just not true at all man, supplements are ALMOST useless when you diet is just out of controll, but when you have a good diet then supplements are really really really beneficial, and i love creatine

IML Gear Cream!
but when you have a good diet then supplements are really really really beneficial

Why? Again, for safety sake, I take a multivitamin and protein supplements because I work and go to school and am typically quite busy, but for most people supplements are completely overrated...paticularly protein. I know people who weigh a buck 70 taking upwards of 3 shakes and 400 grams a diet...all supplement propoganda. :shrug:

Duncans Donuts said:
I think most legal supplements are essentially useless. With a healthy diet you get everything that is essential to proper development, and if you don't have a healthy diet, you will struggle as a bodybuilder (or an athlete).

If you're busy multivitamins or protein supplements have benefit. Creatine is the big exception here, and I even think that's probably overrated, depending on how well you might respond to it.
True in a sence, however bodybuilders need way more vitamins/minearals than any other regular person due to the stress we are putting our bodys through daily.It is also hard to try to get the efficent amount of daily protien esspecially if you are busy and trying to gain as much mass as possible (1.5grams to 2grams of leen bodymass is best)
Creatine is a great supplement (for increased ATP storage lactic acid buffering quicker recovery and forcing nutrients and water into mucle cells) which is hard to get the required amount without supplements (unless you can aford to eat steak everday twice a day). It is not essesntial however.Glutamine is a good supplement but if you are getting enough protien you will be getting enough Glutamine.
Maltodextrin and Dextrose are most essentail in PWO shake.As is a Whey Protien mix
These are about the only supplements you actualy need however

however bodybuilders need way more vitamins/minearals than any other regular person due to the stress we are putting our bodys through daily.

I believe this is true to an extent, but muscle magazine rhetorical propoganda has exaggerated this reality to ridiculous extents. I'm aware of a number of bodybuilders who hardly dabbled in so called "essential" supplements and had phenomenal results.

Post workout dextrose and protein is of great importance, I agree. Multivitamins probably have some benefit. But to believe you won't get what's necessary out of a healthy balanced diet is probably not right..

sweatshopchamp said:
Im an athlete as well as a bodybuilder. When I complete a hard practice of sprints or a tough session in the weight room I am so SORE! Why do i seem to get so sore while my buddies eat junk and dont really give a hoot about their body seem to be fine? I need help on how not to get sore. It could just be that the coaches overtrain us but there's not a whole lot i can do about the practice schedual.:confused:
What you are experiancing is called DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). This ussally occures in the 24-74 hour period after trainning.The pain is a breakdown of the non-contractile protiens within the myofibril (constrctions within the muscle fiber).This kind of damage can be repaired through proper rest and diet.
In effort to prevent future damage the body will build up the muscle fibers (myofibril) in size the end result being an enlarging in the muscle fiber itself which is called HYPERTROPHY! (muscle growth) :cool2:

Duncans Donuts said:
I believe this is true to an extent, but muscle magazine rhetorical propoganda has exaggerated this reality to ridiculous extents. I'm aware of a number of bodybuilders who hardly dabbled in so called "essential" supplements and had phenomenal results.

Post workout dextrose and protein is of great importance, I agree. Multivitamins probably have some benefit. But to believe you won't get what's necessary out of a healthy balanced diet is probably not right..
Yes the normal person WILL get what they need out of a normal balanced diet. However I prefer just to be on the safe side to get a cheap multivitamin to make sure my body gets what it needs I have noticed I do have more energy in the gym and gains come that little bit easier when Iam giving my body my multivitamin. On top of that scince I started taking more vitamins I havent had a cold or flu (about 8 months) which can obviously hurt gains (not being able to get to the gym and prehaps not eating right due to loss of appitite). I used to get the flu and cold just about every month my first year of bodybuilding.
I agree with you however that 95 per cent of (legal) supplements on the market is just hyped up bull****:blah:

IONOR said:
I agree with you however that 95 per cent of (legal) supplements on the market is just hyped up bull****:blah:

:clap:
:yes:

Back