• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Draft?

Do you think there will be a draft?

• Yes, for sure

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No, positively not

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Eh....maybe, depends on what happens...

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

DOS Forever

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
By now, it's no secret that the selective service has been "quietly" reactivated. But while stumping, Bush asserted that "We will have an all volunteer military" (although he orginally said something like "we will not have an all volunteer military" before being booed, whereupon he corrected himself).

Everyone here in Madtown has there own opinion. Some say we will if Bush is reelected (and only after) and others say it's just not possible. Even though Madison has leaned right after the glorious 60's and 70's, pretty much everyone agrees this place will blow up into one huge fing riot if a draft happens.

Wadda you think will happen?

I would go to college if it came back :lol:

grenade.gif

HeywoodJablomey said:
That explains everything

What the fuck is your deal dude? Gonna drag drama into another thread huh? I shoud have said I will go BACK to college. I could always get a Phd :lol:

If Bush "Stay's the Course" we'll end up drafting third graders to finish his shit.

Robert DiMaggio said:
If Bush is re-elected I believe we will see a draft, if Kerry gets elected we will not. (not just saying that to stir up shit)
I dont believe that. I think the government will just create better incentives to join. Not only higher pay, etc, but also slowly pulling out of hot zones, working with international forces, etc.

What's the rumor about drafting women?

HeywoodJablomey said:
That explains everything

Dude, go away. We don't care.

IML Gear Cream!
If bush re-elected, Madison riots...
If draft happens, Madison will burn...people are already talking about it, although they are a bit drunk...it's Thurs night al right...(laugh).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Fuck Ohio State"-Official Unofficial UW-Madison chant-(7-0)- 5th/6th and still going

du510 said:
I dont believe that. I think the government will just create better incentives to join. Not only higher pay, etc, but also slowly pulling out of hot zones, working with international forces, etc.

great, he can increase the national debt some more.

can anyone say Vietnam?

if Bush stays in office that is what we will be re-living.

PreMier said:
What the fuck is your deal dude? Gonna drag drama into another thread huh? I shoud have said I will go BACK to college. I could always get a Phd :lol:
You start shit with someone and then question my "deal"? I think you should be able to answer your ignorant question all on your own.

Robert DiMaggio said:
great, he can increase the national debt some more.

can anyone say Vietnam?

if Bush stays in office that is what we will be re-living.
Well, the higher pay will create a larger debt, obviously. But it could be offset by less spending on building Iraq. Through cooperation with other nations, we could share the burden with them. And with the Iraqi people. Thats where the forgotton notion of "international diplomacy" might have to come into play.

adrien_j9 said:
What's the rumor about drafting women?

Was that a dumb lets-ignore-the-girl question? If so, Premier made me ask it!!!

HeywoodJablomey said:
You start shit with someone and then question my "deal"? I think you should be able to answer your ignorant question all on your own.

From where I am standing, you started spewing shit first. Just check about the above posts, unless you are as blind as you are dumb.

If your talking about the other thread, maybe you should know what you are doing before you start criticizing a reputable person of the board. Although I did burn your dumb ass pretty bad back there, there is no need to clutter EVERY single fucking thread with this. Go cry to your mother.. you will feel better ;)

adrien_j9 said:
Was that a dumb lets-ignore-the-girl question? If so, Premier made me ask it!!!
LOL.

I havent heard anything about a draft at all, nevermind including women. Selective Service, as it is now, doesnt require women to sign up, so I doubt women would ever be drafted. Just us guys.

Gotcha. I wanted to join the Army, but I had cancer. They rejected me. FOCKERS!!

Initially the Axis of Evil was Iraq, Iran and North Korea. It's now been expanded to include Syria and Cuba too. Things are going to be busy.

PreMier said:
From where I am standing, you started spewing shit first. Just check about the above posts, unless you are as blind as you are dumb.

If your talking about the other thread, maybe you should know what you are doing before you start criticizing a reputable person of the board. Although I did burn your dumb ass pretty bad back there, there is no need to clutter EVERY single fucking thread with this. Go cry to your mother.. you will feel better ;)

Reputable? Duncan's? Did you check the argument he had w/ adrein, bitch giving ME shit now? How is that reputable?

IML Gear Cream!
redspy said:
Initially the Axis of Evil was Iraq, Iran and North Korea. It's now been expanded to include Syria and Cuba too. Things are going to be busy.
Don't forget about our "Drug" War? Columbia, Mexico, El Salvdor, Ecuador Panama, Nicaragua, Bolivia, etc. The CIA has been stirring the bees nest there for several years we need to heed that boiling pot.

HeywoodJablomey said:
Reputable? Duncan's? Did you check the argument he had w/ adrein, bitch giving ME shit now? How is that reputable?

Yup, D knows what he is talking about. Nope, didnt see his argument with adrien. I saw one with johnnny, but then who doesnt argue with that tool?

You want to know about HIT? Duncans is the man to talk to.

Actually, I got into an argument with a different person all together. You should know your facts before you open your spittle flapping hole.

maniclion said:
Don't forget about our "Drug" War? Columbia, Mexico, El Salvdor, Ecuador Panama, Nicaragua, Bolivia, etc. The CIA has been stirring the bees nest there for several years we need to heed that boiling pot.
Ah yes the CIA, otherwise known as the Cocaine Importing Agency

A draft won't happen for many reasons:

1. The draft usually doesn't produce good soldiers who work together. It's also a waste of training.

2. Not politically feasible.

3. Will be too expensive.

4. There is not and won't be, public support for it.

If people started bombing recruiting offices around the country, I would applaud it. The draft is and was designed to allow the middle and upper classes a way out through many loopholes, but trapping lower-socio-economic teenagers into it. A poor, rural White or Black teenager's life is not worth as much as a suburban middle class teenagers life, according the U.S government.

"I decided to join the Army before I got drafted"

"Um...son, there ain't no draft no more."

"There was one?"

The numbers do not support a continued military force as the lines of battle are currently drawn. If we continue to send this country's men and WOMEN (yes Adrien women are in the current bills for re-instating the draft) into battle we will fall short by the end of 2005. We are at 47% decrease of enlistment and cannot sustain this level of force after the end of next year. Forced repeat duty can only go so far ... but we'll see. I'm voting probable but depends on what happens.

Mr_Snafu said:
A draft won't happen for many reasons:

1. The draft usually doesn't produce good soldiers who work together. It's also a waste of training.

2. Not politically feasible.

3. Will be too expensive.

4. There is not and won't be, public support for it.

If people started bombing recruiting offices around the country, I would applaud it. The draft is and was designed to allow the middle and upper classes a way out through many loopholes, but trapping lower-socio-economic teenagers into it. .

What a freakin' day. I have to agree with Mr. Snafu right out of the gate. I should probably just go home and go back to bed, it's just gonna be downhill from here. :(

Mr_Snafu said:
A poor, rural White or Black teenager's life is not worth as much as a suburban middle class teenagers life, according the U.S government.

Come on now, let's not take this TOO far. :finger:

well, like I said if Bush stays in office we shall see! :)

no doubt if Kerry gets elected there is no chance for a draft, but with Bush anything is possible, expect the worst and hope for the best, and remember he can stand there and say "there will absolutely be no drat ever", but as we have seen in the past Bush says one thing and does another...so....

Robert DiMaggio said:
remember he can stand there and say "there will absolutely be no drat ever", but as we have seen in the past Bush says one thing and does another...so....

So he's single-handedly going to re-institute the draft? Wow, I had no idea the President had THAT much power. Why is it that everybody keeps overlooking the fact that two bills have been introduce in Congress; one in the House, the other in the Senate, to re-institute the draft? And BOTH were authored and introduced by DEMOCRATS!!!

Back