• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

This is very sad & should never have happened.

Johnnny

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_re_us/red_sox_fans&cid=519&ncid=716

I saw this on the news as I pick up local Boston channels.

The riot footage that I saw was crazy, ppl attacking eachother even if they were friends.

But this young girl dying by the hands of the Boston PD is just outrageous.
I can understand wanting to control the crowd, but shooting projectiles similar to paint ball guns is very dangerous & stupid.

But this poor young girl has her life taken away by the ignorance of cops.

She was very beautiful IMO as they showed her picture.

She was a transfer student from Pittsburgh State what the news reported.

Had she stayed in Pittsburgh she'd be fine. I wonder if she knew my ex?

Or if the Red Sox lost she'd be fine, or if the Boston PD used better judgement she'd be fine, or if she stayed home she'd be fine.

I mean no disrespect to her or her family in any way but you would never see me at one of these "celebrations" as many of them turn dangerous like the Boston riot of last year they showed footage a few weeks ago about it.

I would just stay home or at my student housing at school.

I could be wrong but she might not even have been a baseball fan at all, just tagging along with friends who convinced her to go.

They are even talking about contacting local schools & expelling some students who were involved.

But IMO this wasn't necessary.

I pay my respects to her & her family/friends.

do you think no one owns a television?

i don't

bulletproof1

WTF is your problem?

No one has brought it up here yet.

My father has been following MLB baseball since the late 40's when he was a kid & watches the playoffs & World Series every year. & he didn't know about this tragedy until I told him about it.

Instead of giving a smart assed reply like that why not give some respects to the poor girl who lost her life b/c of the ignorance of the Boston PD.

Definitely not the officer's fault, but it should go up the chain to whomever chose or designed the projectile. Obviously this non-lethal projectile is, in fact, lethal.

Dale Mabry

Definitely not the officer's fault, but it should go up the chain to whomever chose or designed the projectile. Obviously this non-lethal projectile is, in fact, lethal.

The officer fired it into the crowd infront of him & it went across the street so where the hell was he aiming?

But I don't think they tested these things first.

I've done paint ball more than once before & they can hurt depending on where they hit you, & if you're someone who doesn't have a lot of muscle or body fat on you, they will hurt even more.

I blame the New York Yankees for blowing a 3-0 series lead.

Was the officer a Yankee fan? ;)

I don't think the previous 2 posts are acceptable attitudes.

We shouldn't be making jokes over a poor girls death by the ignorance of the police.

I don't have a tv, and this IS very sad. I'm an expert on "Accidents happen." Horrible. My condolences to her family and friends.

IML Gear Cream!
people in this country need to get a grip about professional sports and athletes...

Johnnny, you are the absolute MAN when it comes to posting pictures of beautiful women.......................but you should stop there.

It was a freaking RIOT. Police officers were sent in to subdue the crowd. One of the tools they use is "non" lethal bullets. Some of them are frangible, some are rubber. They haven't been tested?!?!? Are you out of your mind? Of course they've been tested! When they hit a person in the torso that person will stop WHATEVER they are doing RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, this young woman was hit in the eye with a stray bullet. If you decreased the velocity of these projectiles so they wouldn't hurt you if hit in the eye, they would be completely ineffective if they hit you in the torso. Should it have happened? No. But it was an ACCIDENT. Not everything in the world can be prevented. Shit happens. Get the hell over it and move on. Would you rather the police just stood idly by as these morons burned the whole goddamn town down? No, she wasn't one of the morons but, like I said, shit happens. "Had she stayed in Pittsburg she'd have been fine". Yeah, "IF" is a real useful word when you have the clarity of hindsight. IF worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't fuck with them. So what! She wasn't in Pittsburg. She was in Boston and got hit by a stray projectile and died. That does NOT mean the cops were ignorant. That does NOT mean the cops were negligent. The cops were doing there job and an innocent bystander got killed. It's a terribly heartbreaking story but the fault lies with the idiots that started the riot in the first place, NOT the cops who were doing their jobs. :finger:

All I can say is the police even contradicted themselves as I saw the interview with the female commisioner who takes full responsiblity & admits that it should not have happened & was ingnorance especially using those paintball projectiles.

Johnnny said:
All I can say is the police even contradicted themselves as I saw the interview with the female commisioner who takes full responsiblity & admits that it should not have happened & was ingnorance especially using those paintball projectiles.

There was no contradiction, the police commissioner merely accepted
what happened and CONDEMNED the a$$holes who started the riot
because they cannot control their consumption of alcohol.
You should be pissed at the folks who started the riot, without them the riot
would never have started hence no need for police intervention.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE OLICE AROUND, DON'T
INDULGE IN ACTIVITIES THAT REQUIRE POLICE INTERVENTION....
POLICE ARE OUTNUMBERED IN RIOT SITUATIONS
SO THEY USE RIOT CONTROL TECHNIQUES
SUCH AS PEPPER FILLED PAINTBALL PROJECTILES.

Johnnny said:
bulletproof1

WTF is your problem?

No one has brought it up here yet.

my problem is you want to start a thread for every piece of news that happens. we have televisions, radios, and newspapers, etc. do you think no one uses these other resources? why start a thread about it? i mean fuck.

Oh there's goin' to be a suin' in the old town this year. Let's see...the police department, the city of Boston, the school, the bar she got drunk at, her friends who took her out, the Red Sox - the list just goes on and on.

I agree with the sentiment that it was an accident and those people shouldn't have been rioting in the first place. Obviously the cop did not shoot their weapon intending to kill anyone. That officer also has to live with the fact he caused an accidental death every day for the rest of their lives. That is a pretty big punishment.

bulletproof1 said:
my problem is you want to start a thread for every piece of news that happens. we have televisions, radios, and newspapers, etc. do you think no one uses these other resources? why start a thread about it? i mean fuck.

well, this is a message board, so I guess the point of it would be to discuss it. :shrug:

The blame should not fall on the officers who were merely using weapons prescribed by their department. Sometimes accidents happen. Granted, its a horrible thing to happen to anyone, but if anyone should be looked into, it is the manufacturer of the weapon.

Also note, sometimes accident DO happen.

IML Gear Cream!
bulletproof1

Robert DiMaggio said it perfectly

well, this is a message board, so I guess the point of it would be to discuss it.

Besides I think that something like this is awful, she was a young beautiful girl with a whole life to live that was cut short by poor desicions.

In paint ball you wear a mask, but in the streets you don't wear a paintball mask.

She lost her life for nothing, & she wasn't apart of the wild ppl burning cars, tipping cars over, attacking ppl or looting.

She didn't deserve it.

& I haven't posted a piece of news lately btw.

Johnnny said:
bulletproof1

Robert DiMaggio said it perfectly

Besides I think that something like this is awful, she was a young beautiful girl with a whole life to live that was cut short by poor desicions.

In paint ball you wear a mask, but in the streets you don't wear a paintball mask.

She lost her life for nothing, & she wasn't apart of the wild ppl burning cars, tipping cars over, attacking ppl or looting.

She didn't deserve it.

& I haven't posted a piece of news lately btw.

Yes, she was young and beautiful. So, does that mean you wouldn't have cared if she was old and ugly? Why do you keep emphasizing that?

Yes, her life was cut short by poor decisions. But those poor decisions were those of the RIOTERS, NOT the police.

No she wasn't part of the riot, but she was there. Sorry, if I see something like that going on I'm smart enough to know there's going to be police and they are going to put a stop to it. It's their job. Therefore I'm going to be SOMEPLACE ELSE. LEAVE, for God's sake. Get the hell out of the line of fire. Why do you think they're called "innocent bystanders"? Because they're STANDING BY. The instant shit starts to hit the fan you GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Or you could end up being the next innocent bystander.

No, she didn't deserve it. So what? Bad things happen to good people, it's called life. Deal with it. I asked earlier, would you have the police stand idly by and watch as the entire town is destroyed by a bunch of hoodlums?

As I've already said in regards to ALBOB's reply "SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE".

You'll never catch me at one of these riots. Waaaay too dangerous.

Johnnny said:
As I've already said in regards to ALBOB's reply "SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE".

You'll never catch me at one of these riots. Waaaay too dangerous.

Hey, we have a winner!!! Johnnny and ALBOB are in agreement. Somebody should mark the calendar. :thumb:

Now, where are all those pictures of the beautiful women? :D

It was still unnecessary & I can't help but feel bad for this poor girl.

And hopefully the people that started the riot, the ones that participated in it.... hopefully they feel very badly too. Because it is partly their fault. They share most of the blame, along with the woman herself, along with the police.

du510

And hopefully the people that started the riot, the ones that
participated in it.... hopefully they feel very badly too. Because it is partly
their fault. They share most of the blame, along with the woman
herself, along with the police.

yes it is their fault as well & they need to play apart in keeping things safe.

They are just showing this now on the news.

one college student just said that someone threw a bottle towards a cop & he just started firing into the crowd at anyone as he showed his wounds.
This was the cop that fired into the eye of this poor girl.

I hope the ppl in the crowd feel just as bad, but some ppl are heartless.

actually, place all the blame on the rioters.
As All-old stated, if the hoodlums never rioted, then there would not have been any interdiction by the PD. Then, there would not have been any accident.
It is sad that this young woman's life wsa cut short by selfish actions of others.

Burner02

actually, place all the blame on the rioters.
As All-old stated, if the hoodlums never rioted, then there would not have been any interdiction by the PD. Then, there would not have been any accident.
It is sad that this young woman's life wsa cut short by selfish actions of others.

I can understand supporting your team & having an organized welcoming home parade, but these riots aren't acceptable for these reasons.

exactly. WE've had riots here when the Broncos won a Super Bowl and the Avalanche took the Stanley cup. It belittles the efforts our ome team heros just accomplished.

Back