• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Losing fat why building muscle?

michael74737

Cutting
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is this possible. Right now I do weight training 4 tiems a week, 1.5hrs a session. I want to lose about 5-8lbsa of fat. So my question is is it possible to keep building muscles while losing fat? If so please give me some tips.

Ht:5'6
Weight:148

you will be more productive focusing on doing 1 at a time.

bulletproof1 said:
you will be more productive focusing on doing 1 at a time.
Thats true but I can gain muscle and lose fat although noway near the degree I could do if I just focused on one thing.

If I was you I would just concentrate on getting big first and try not to "gain more fat" so you must eat quite clean but enough to be in a caloire postitve state while eating enough protien to build muscle, although you might gain fat you hopefully will gain much more muscle so your bodyfat % will drop as you are gaining muscle mass faster then fat which will tilt the balance towards a lower BF%.

Example:

Louie is 150lbs 20% BF = 30lbs of fat and 120lbs of LBM (lean body mass, muslce bone etc)

120 % of 30 = 4 so for every 4 pounds of LMB Louie has he has 1 pound of fat 4:1 ratio

24 months later Louie is 200lbs, he has gained 45lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat (5:1 ratio)

so we know now he had 30lbs of bodyfat before, but now at 200lbs of bodyweight he has 35lbs of fat (30+5)

35/200 times 100=17.5% bodyfat

So Louie has gone from 20% BF to 17.5% body fat while GAINING fat, but by gaining muscle to fat more then a 4:1 ratio

And you say as your about 148lbs (almost Louies weight of 150) that you want to lose 5lbs of fat then Louie who lost 2.5% of bodyfat which is 2.5% of 200lbs = 5lbs of lost bodyfat in APPEARANCE to his body in percentage speaking.

Last edited:
believe it or not the best way to lose fat is to do weight training(and no I don't mean spot reduction), so just stick to it(unless you are fat) you can do light cardio, but not too much because you could lose muscle.

michael74737 said:
Is this possible. Right now I do weight training 4 tiems a week, 1.5hrs a session. I want to lose about 5-8lbsa of fat. So my question is is it possible to keep building muscles while losing fat? If so please give me some tips.

Ht:5'6
Weight:148

You're weight training for too long. It's going to be hard to gain much muscle like that. 75 minutes at the absolute most (60 minutes is a better cutoff), and no more than two days of weight training in a row. Testosterone levels begin to drop off heavily if you go for too long.

In your other thread, you stated that you work biceps for 50-60 minutes. That is ludicrous. No single muscle deserves that kind of attention. Here are some good base numbers to start with:

Chest: 9 sets
Shoulders: 6 sets
Triceps: 4 sets
Back: 12 sets
Biceps: 4 sets
Upper Legs: 12 sets
Calves: 6 sets
Abs: 9 sets (Do weighted exercises!)

Anyway, if you want to do anything concerning the loss of bodyfat, then diet is key. Stroll over to the diet & nutrition forum. Please read the stickies before doing anything else over there!

My Biceps must disagree with you CowPimp. They are my high point (and getting huge) and my genetics suck but I have ALWAYS done 9 sets of biceps.

I mean if it works for you sure, but I think you need more than 4 (but never over 10).

Actually just looked back at your post, it said "to start with" so I guess that could be right. Nm. ;)

Back