• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

IDS Protein Scam

Pirate!

Gatekepper
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
From an email:

Here at Mass Nutrition we are always looking out for the best interest of our customers. We act, so to speak, as the "watchdog" in the supplement industry letting you know which products really work and which are garbage. Saying this, we recently received a report from an independent lab regarding the protein powder made from the company IDS. It has come to our attention not only through the lab assay shown below but also from two other very reputable laboratories that IDS has been cheating us the consumer and putting way less protein than they claim on the label. The sample test of their Multi-Pro Whey Isolate reveals only 6 grams of protein per scoop where it it is supposed to have 23 grams. To make matters worse, the assay also shows the protein is loaded with sugar having over 8 grams of sugar while the label claims 1.5 grams. Not to mention that the sodium was way off and the protein that it did have in there was only whey protein concentrate and not isolate.

We are very displeased with this information and embarrassed that we represented this company and pushed their line. We are immediately liquidating their entire line of products because our reasoning is if they are doing this to their protein, they are most likely skimming on the rest of their supplements including all their prohormones. Mass Nutrition apologizes on behalf of IDS for their deception and we promise to continue to always protect our customers at all costs.

I am unable to attach the lab report as I have no link for it...

so there's supposed to be 23g of isolate per scoop, but there's really only 6g of concentrate.

If true, that is really fucked up.

If it is possible, I'll post the lab report. It is pretty ugly. Can I post a picture from my hard drive?

topolo said:
Pirate you can do anything you want!! :thumb:
Anything, but post a damn pic from my hard drive. :headbang:

Damn, that took forever. Thanks du!

The 22.5% protein doesn't look bad. How do you know what the serving size is?? And going by that it doesn't say what kind of protein. I'd like to see more.

dg806 said:
The 22.5% protein doesn't look bad. How do you know what the serving size is?? And going by that it doesn't say what kind of protein. I'd like to see more.
I had to resize, crop, and compress so much that I just got in what I could. Let me try to get the rest...

I hope it is readable...

Robert DiMaggio said:
this type of thing is going on much more than you all think. :yes:

Yeah dude, but c'mon, they're only putting in about 25% of what they're telling people is going in. Not even half!

Most scams are only a few grams under. Nearly 20g is robbery.

that is FUCKED UP!

big time, they are claming this shit as the best most affordable high quality.. etc etc protein on the market, and all the UK morons are falling right for it, check out this link and have a look at the best sellers list...

http://www.affordablesupplements.co.uk/ns/default.asp

i'ma have to tell em about it, dunno if they'll take it straight off coz it is there best seller, i was even gonna give it a try at 1 time! glad i didn't

good lookin out pirate

Robert DiMaggio said:
this type of thing is going on much more than you all think. :yes:
very true!!!!!!! :(

young d said:
all the UK morons are falling right for it, check out this link and have a look at the best sellers list...
It probably sells so well because it taste great. If it is 1/4 fructose, then it is likely real sweet and smooth. :lick: I haven't tried it myslef, thankfully.

dg806 said:
I retract that...........don't know what I was thinking? Anyway, it should have been 82% protein and it come in at 22.5% :yell:

dg806 said:
I retract that...........don't know what I was thinking? Anyway, it should have been 82% protein and it come in at 22.5% :yell:
Just your old age setting in Dg!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Last edited:
dg806 said:
I was wondering about that. To be considered as protein concentrate, it only needs to be 25%. Of course, this is supposed to be isolate, and didn't even meet concentrate standards. :finger:

IML Gear Cream!
Tank316 said:
Just you old age setting in Dg!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Yeah Yeah!!! :D

PirateFromHell said:
I was wondering about that. To be considered as protein concentrate, it only needs to be 25%. Of course, this is supposed to be isolate, and didn't even meet concentrate standards. :finger:
I'm not sure what you mean by 25% :confused:
To get the percent protein, you divide the number of grams of protein per serving by the serving size. That is used for concentrate or Isolate.
I think this meant there was only 25% protein in the container because of fillers ect. Which is sad. According to your label the serving size is 28g. There was 23g of protein per serving which is 82% like I posted. That is where most concentrates fall. Most Isolates come in around 90% or so.

dg806 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by 25% :confused:
FDA regulations require that 25% of the total weight be protein to be sold as "concentrate". We were just discussing this in one of my food science classes. I know it sounds low, but that is the standard the manufacturers are held to.

topolo said:
Even with anabolic matrix??????????? :confused:

How many supplement companies do you know of that are willing to post their COA's (Certificates of Analysis) write on their website?

None?

That is what I thought.

I rest my case. :p

Back