• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The Saga continues.....

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, new journal time. I have run the old one long enough. So, I just got back from the Olympia, it was a lof of fun and I got to meet a whole bunch of cool people from here. Now it is time to get things cracking and start growing. I am right now thinking about competing in March (mid to late march) and hopefully a couple of shows right after that. I am pretty pumped up to compete after just coaching one of my clients in her first figure contest (at which she placed third and we have another one next weekend). She talked me into thinking about this show in March so I think I will shoot for it. Right now my body weight is fluctuating between 189 adn 191lbs. I got clipped at 11% bf. I want to really hit 195lbs at 10% by Jan. I know it seems like a long shot but it is just something to work towards. If I don't hit it no biggie. At any rate I don't want to get my BF% up any higher so that I don't have to diet for a long time to get in shape.

My diet will be clean as always and I will log it if I have the time. It is pretty much the same thing everyday anyway.

Training wise I am going to mix things up. I have been doing a lot of olympic lifting, conditioning type training and explosive/ballistic training lately. It is time to change things up for a bit. I will try a split that I tried a long time ago. Basically it rotated around so that one muscle group will get hit twice a week while the others will get hit once. In a four week period everything will get a week where it is worked twice. it starts like this:

mon- back/ bi's
tues- chest/tri's
wed- off
thurs- legs
fri- shoulders
sat- back/bi's
sun- off

then on monday I start with whatever what was worked on tues. like this:

mon- chest/tris
tues- legs
wed- off
thurs- shoulders
fri- back/bis
sat- chest/shoulders
sun of

See???

I will do that for four weeks and then probably switch to something else like a two on one off push/pull/legs split.

cardio- not right now. but I may throw it in now and again somewhere on the next couple of weeks

supplements- I don't really use much. Whey, Flax and occasionally creatine. I have't used creatine for over a month now so maybe I will start that tomorrow.

So I guess that's it. I'll see what kind of improvements I can make to my body and see how much size I can add in the next two months. I should be able to do okay if I can (a) stay healthy and injury free and (b) mentally stay healthy and free from depression (that one is a tough one for me).

here we go..............

:thumb: sounds solid bro. ill be here with ya.

Good luck P. Now update that avi, you're fuqqin' huge :thumb:

IainDaniel said:
Good luck P. Now update that avi, you're fuqqin' huge :thumb:

I am?? :confused:

You're Kidding me right! Don't be foolish. Compared to your current avi, there is remarkable changes.

Just keep kickin' ass

I like to take a look at your unconventional trainin methods. Your journals are just oozing with good ideas. Good luck on your goals P-Funk.

CowPimp said:
I like to take a look at your unconventional trainin methods. Your journals are just oozing with good ideas. Good luck on your goals P-Funk.

What unconvential training methods??? LOL.......I don't see anything that weird in here. :shrug:

P-funk said:
What unconvential training methods??? LOL.......I don't see anything that weird in here. :shrug:

Not necessarily what you are doing right this moment, but in the past I have seen the usage of a lot of olympic movements, uncommon exercises, and various other sport-specific type training.

CowPimp said:
Not necessarily what you are doing right this moment, but in the past I have seen the usage of a lot of olympic movements, uncommon exercises, and various other sport-specific type training.

Oh yeah, I'll still do that stuff.

A lot of people don't like to believe me that things like total body training, upper/lower splits, push/pull or olympic lifting routines can make you grow. Most people are so afraid that their arms will shrivel up if they don't train one body part a day. I think a grow better on one of the routines I listed above. The only reason I am going back to body parts for the next four weeks is to mix it up and doing something different. I will still do cleans throuhg out these next four weeks though. Nothing makes my traps grow bigger than cleans.

P-funk said:
Oh yeah, I'll still do that stuff.

A lot of people don't like to believe me that things like total body training, upper/lower splits, push/pull or olympic lifting routines can make you grow. Most people are so afraid that their arms will shrivel up if they don't train one body part a day. I think a grow better on one of the routines I listed above. The only reason I am going back to body parts for the next four weeks is to mix it up and doing something different. I will still do cleans throuhg out these next four weeks though. Nothing makes my traps grow bigger than cleans.

I hear that. Full body workouts are awesome. They can condition you in a way that a regular training split simply cannot.

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, a new journal!! :) Great, looking forward to following along and I'm sure I'll get some great ideas for what to do for my program. Good luck man.

thanks Rock......let me know if you need help with your proram.

Cow- yeah, total body is brutal. I got to train at Gold's with Premeir while I was in vegas. He got to see all the unconvential, totaly body bullshit first hand. He can attest to what goes on during my training sessions......Hey P.....How bout them rest intervals???

Thanks Patrick. If you ever want to stop in and give any advice your always welcome. I'm just playing it by ear right now and trying to do some exercises I haven't done before. Plus meet my goals.

BTW, I want to hear more about you and Jake in Vegas!!

rock4832 said:
Thanks Patrick. If you ever want to stop in and give any advice your always welcome. I'm just playing it by ear right now and trying to do some exercises I haven't done before. Plus meet my goals.

BTW, I want to hear more about you and Jake in Vegas!!

Well, Jake is staying in Vegas with his cousin for another week. I am sure when he gets back he can give you details. We got pretty crazy dunk though.....LMAO!!

P-funk said:
Well, Jake is staying in Vegas with his cousin for another week. I am sure when he gets back he can give you details. We got pretty crazy dunk though.....LMAO!!

:grin: How can anyone survive more than one week in Vegas ?? :confused:

Post some pics :thumb:

Hey Patrick, how was Vegas? How was BritChick, in person? Did you two do anything......bad? :D

YM- I'll get some pics up. Britchick has all the good ones though. Her digital camera is better than my piece of shit disposable CVS one.

Max- It was fun. No, nothing bad happend. Lots of laughing though. We all had a good time.

Velvet- thanks as always

Aggies- I am just a hornball pig for show (like howard stern). I just love the shock value. I am actually a really moral guy if you could believe that. :)

IML Gear Cream!
aggies1ut said:
Lol, well it was cool meeting ya. I hope you had a good trip back to NY. I'm bummed that Jake didn't shave your head or something while you guy's were drunk though. :laugh:

Oh man, that would have sucked!! I would not want to be bald.

IainDaniel said:
So what! No finger Blasting ? :D

Not this time around.......Well, there was that one girl at the Dance club that I was dancing with...... :laugh:

P-funk....I wish you nothing but good things.

You go and kick some ass in that competition. I for one am pulling for you:thumb:

thanks man, appreciate it.

11/1/04

BW- 189

Back/bis

wide girp pull downs
Rest Interval= 45sec
plate#14/8x4

one arm DB rows
RI= 30sec
100/8x3

Machine Rows
RI= 60sec
200/8x3

cambered bar culs
RI= 60sec
85/12
85/10

dumbell hammer preacher curls (unilteral)
RI= no rest inbetween sets
20/15x2

cable curls
RI= 30sec
plate#8/12x3

superset
a) wrist curls- 65/15x3
b) reverse wrist curls- 30/15x3

oblique twist hanging knee raises (wings)
bw/12x3

weighted machine crunches
45z12/3

Comments:
Eight seemed to be the magic number for back today. I felt pretty weak on the DB rows and the machine rows but I never really do them later in my workout. Also, my rest intervals were short and I am still tired and adjusting to the time change from vegas. I did more volume for biceps tahn I have done in a long time. I did 7 working sets, which is up there considering I only did 10 working sets for back. That is okay though, I have been doing such low volume for arms with almost no direct arm work for awhile now so the change was good. Most people opt to put triceps after back but I would rather leave my pull muscles together, I feel better that way. I was really moving, shortrest intervals. Counting abs I did and double sets for the superset on wrist curls I did 29 sets in about 35min. so I was flying through it today. Felt good, back is already sore and forearms are wicked pumped.

aggies1ut said:
... while you guy's were drunk though. :laugh:

it sounds like you did your part in keeping the NT spirit alive. :thumbs:

naturaltan said:
it sounds like you did your part in keeping the NT spirit alive. :thumbs:

I don't know.....you'd have to ask everyone else.

Did you hit any clubs there?

naturaltan said:
Did you hit any clubs there?

On friday night we went to the RA in the Luxor.

Back