• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

proper macros for weight loss

DimebagDarrell

Cutting sucks.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey all, my girlfriend is looking to lose some weight, as since coming to college she has increased a few pant sizes. i'll be getting her to go to the rec 3-4 times a week to hit the ellipticals for 30-35 minutes.

what macros do you suggest for weight loss? 55p/35c/10f? also, what about the distribution during the day? with breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner, does there need to be more complex carbs in the morning and more protein at night?

one other q, she's not a big fan of meat. she'll eat a little, but not much. what other good sources of protein do you suggest for non-meat-eating people?

If she doesn't like meat then you might be better of with an iso-caloric 33/33/33

DimebagDarrell said:
hey all, my girlfriend is looking to lose some weight, as since coming to college she has increased a few pant sizes. i'll be getting her to go to the rec 3-4 times a week to hit the ellipticals for 30-35 minutes.

what macros do you suggest for weight loss? 55p/35c/10f? also, what about the distribution during the day? with breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner, does there need to be more complex carbs in the morning and more protein at night?

one other q, she's not a big fan of meat. she'll eat a little, but not much. what other good sources of protein do you suggest for non-meat-eating people?

In general, people worry too much about "which macros to eat." If you are just looking for a "standard I want to lose some fat diet" and you are working out:

1) Figure out your daily caloric intake (10-12 kcals per pound of bodyweight).

2) Eat enough protein (at least 1 gram per pound of BW).

3) Get enough healthy fat (30-50 grams of good fats such as fish oil, flax, olive oil, etc.).

4) The reast of your calories should come from "healthy carbs", such as oats, brown rice, fruits and veggies.

Twin Peak said:
In general, people worry too much about "which macros to eat." If you are just looking for a "standard I want to lose some fat diet" and you are working out:

3) Get enough healthy fat (30-50 grams of good fats such as fish oil, flax, olive oil, etc.).

4) The reast of your calories should come from "healthy carbs", such as oats, brown rice, fruits and veggies.
Ditto..................

Twin Peak said:

That's a fairly good set of rules to abide by. However, I think that you should aim for at least 20% of your calories to come from fat. Also, 10-12 cals per pound of bodyweight is fairly low. If you want to retain as much LBM as possible, then start higher and gradually work your way down. I used 12x last time, and I lost a little bit of LBM. I was losing at the rate of about 2 pounds per week.

Twin Peak said:

:thumbs: Excellent set of rules. Except you are forgetting 1 thing. Us anal retentive folks :p

Not really, you can still use those rules, figure out the exact numbers, get out the scale, and monitor food intake to the gram.

Back