• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Train One Body Part?

WilliamB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A lot of people train a certain part of their body on one day of the week. Is this wise for a 20 year old male to only do bench press once a week? I could possibly see why someone who has been lifting for years would only need to hit the chest once a week but a still growing 20 year old?

If you hit it hard enough, you could take the whole week to recover. Growth is not made in the gym, its done at home.

Once a week, done right, could be more than enough. Its what I do, and I know many others do too.

that's the way i do it. im 21 and i hit:

S: chest
M: back/abs
T: tris
W: bis
R: shoulders

and it is working exceptionally well for me. course i hit the shit out of them, not in number of reps or sets, but i am making huge gains in size and even bigger gains in strength.

its WAY better to undertrain than overtrain. give yourself that full week of rest if you see fit. and btw, its much more necessary for a lifting newbie to be careful of overtraining as their muscles are not adapted to the work.

I just turned 21 and I do the same ..

everyone who knows anything about bodybuilding, is working one bodypart per week and sometimes still overtraining, i still overtrain my chest sometimes esspecially now that i tryed that CEX from vpx i have more strenght and tend to overtrain, after 5 years of bodybuilding if ur still sore from a workout like a bitch the next day you know u have overtrained, at least thats is true for me,

so i know that you think that it sounds stupid to only workout one bodypart a week and you probobly think (like other people) that for example pro bodybuiders spend all day lifting its not true if you overtrain you will get the opposite of what you want.

im a little dubious about training one muscle "group" one day a week only, im gonna try it anyway though since most people here reccomend it. its kinda of annoying after a session when i feel i havent done enough though, does anyone else get that?

i mean, it aches like a bitch at the time but about half an hour later its not so bad. just throws me off thats all.

DUDEEEEEE, please, trust us we know what we are talking about, yes i have that feeling in the gym like i wanna continue working out because it fun but if you listend to anything we said you should know that if u overtrain you will grow smaler not bigger,,,, duhh go do some research man, i wich i had someone to help me like this website when i started out years ago.

You can hit a muscle any amount from one to three times per week, so long as you adjust the volume accordingly. Base the amount of work you do on the number of sets per week. For example, nine sets is a common number to do for chest. You could do nine sets one day per week, four sets twice a week, or three sets three times in a week.

IML Gear Cream!
QuestionGuy said:
DUDEEEEEE, please, trust us we know what we are talking about, yes i have that feeling in the gym like i wanna continue working out because it fun but if you listend to anything we said you should know that if u overtrain you will grow smaler not bigger,,,, duhh go do some research man, i wich i had someone to help me like this website when i started out years ago.

i do trust what i read on this site, otherwise i wouldnt be trying it out ;)

i know im a newb at this, lol. though i will say, ive learned more in the week that ive been a member here than i learned in about 7 months beforehand, it really is a great site!

I also do chest once a week: DB presses and flies.

The logic is interesting.

Someone who has trained for years only has to do chest once a week because they are old and frail? Or because you feel they train harder or more efficiently?

If anything I would venture, that to break an experienced lifters plateu you would require more workload, not less - unless of course a break was in order.

I do chest once a week, but if I work with my volume, am getting lots of sleep and great nutrition, in the past I have gone up in frequency.

What are the benefits of incline and decline exercises (like bench, presses and flies)? Isn't the chest just worked as a unit, meaning a flat exercise is good enough and doing incline and decline would be overtraining?

When I said that I could see a Vet lifter only having to work a muscle group once a week becausee I thought maybe hypetrophy would be more easily obtained from someone who has a more highly developed body. Or something along those lines. Not to farmiliar with the whole concept yet.

I thought maybe hypetrophy would be more easily obtained from someone who has a more highly developed body. Or something along those lines. Not to farmiliar with the whole concept yet.

I don't believe this is true. Typically the bigger you are, the more difficult it is to get bigger; also the better trained you are, the longer your body needs to recover.

Squaggleboggin said:
What are the benefits of incline and decline exercises (like bench, presses and flies)? Isn't the chest just worked as a unit, meaning a flat exercise is good enough and doing incline and decline would be overtraining?

Although both heads of the chest contract together, I still feel that inclines and declines have their place in one's routine. For one, it keeps things interesting. Two, when you are on an incline you place increased tension on the anterior delt muscles; when you are on a decline I believe that your lats become more involved in the movement.

With that said, you should beware. This thread may soon erupt into a mad frenzy as a result of this post.

Squaggleboggin said:

I have made many posts on this in the past and it has to do with plane of motion and function strength in these planes of motion. feel free to do a search. I refrain form getting into these debates because they are annoying.

IML Gear Cream!
just get into the gym and lift. If you come out looking like a gorrilla then you did it right. If you come out looking like the chick next door, Then you xxxx up. Personally I do just about every kind of chest exercise there is. The difference it's not all down the same workout. Week one may be flat bench and incl DB's. Week two may be Decl DB's, bar dips ECT. ECT. ECT. I do a least three warm ups and then around 3 different exercises totalling about 9 -10 sets not including w/ups. Now get back to work

Back