• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How long does it take to come back?

SJ69

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been liftin' pretty steady for about 4 years now, with a couple 1-3 week lay offs. Recently I had to take a 8 week lay off and now I'm so depressed over my looses, I didn't think it would be that bad. Before my 8 wk lay off my max bench was about 300-305 and I was getting 225 for about 8-10.
Now I can barely get 240 up for one and I'm struggling with 205 for 5 reps. I also went from 195lbs to 182lbs :cry: I know everone is different, but if you had a long lay off how long did it take you to get back??
On a side note I wuz hoping the strange forearm pain I had when curling would have healed, no go there, keep the injuries AND loose the muscle, sux!

I wouldn't sweat it...you'll readapt to the weight pretty quickly, and I would doubt you lost all the much muscle in 8 weeks...I'd guess you could get back to similar levels of strength in a month or so :shrug:

It might just be a "pump" factor, but for me I notice a size difference after missing just a few days in the gym. Last year when I went to Spring Training and took a week off, I came back and definitly lost some weight off my bench, and the same thing happened this summer when I went on vacation.

The good thing is, you'll be back up in no time, so keep working.

soxmuscle said:
It might just be a "pump" factor, but for me I notice a size difference after missing just a few days in the gym.

That's not a pump factor, that is psychosomaticism.

As for you SJ69, there is a wonderful, partially unexplainable, phenomenon called muscle memory. You will regain your strength and muscle mass quickly relative to someone who never possesed that level of strength or mass prior to you.

i lost about a year due to back surgery. i regained what i had in the course of about 6-8 weeks. now im stronger than ive ever been.

SJ69 said:
I've been liftin' pretty steady for about 4 years now, with a couple 1-3 week lay offs. Recently I had to take a 8 week lay off and now I'm so depressed over my looses, I didn't think it would be that bad. Before my 8 wk lay off my max bench was about 300-305 and I was getting 225 for about 8-10.
Now I can barely get 240 up for one and I'm struggling with 205 for 5 reps. I also went from 195lbs to 182lbs :cry: I know everone is different, but if you had a long lay off how long did it take you to get back??
On a side note I wuz hoping the strange forearm pain I had when curling would have healed, no go there, keep the injuries AND loose the muscle, sux!

I was out of the gym for about 3 months, lost well over 20 pounds and about 50% of my strength. Normally, people dont lose that much of either in such a short time, but I was very sick. I couldnt eat and could hardly even drink water for a few weeks. It took me about 4 months to get it all back. Comparingly, I dont think it should take you more than a month.

Good Luck

I basically took this summer off to A) Concentrate on riding my bike, and B) I bought a house and that took up pretty much all my free time. But, I got back on the horse the beginning of October and I am just about back up to my old strength. Just stick with it. Your strength won't came back overnight, but you'll get there soon wnough.

Within 12 weeks you will be 100% IMHO. Within 3 weeks you will be probably 80%. I have a similar problem with forearm - been off hte weights for 3 months and I still have weakness and soreness just lifting normal household items and its really dragging me down. I know its some kind of inflammation and I may start taking some old celebix tablets just before i get back into the gym here soon.

OD

Back