• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

this is what i hate

bulletproof1

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i just want to get something off my chest. i started working out seriously about 8 months ago or so. it is now my life and i love every minute of it. what depresses me about the situation is i didnt get into lifting when i was younger. i mean if i had gotten into it 10, 15, or 20 years ago who knows where i might be right now. anyone else have similar feelings or a similar situation? :( :shrug:

bulletproof1 said:
i just want to get something off my chest. i started working out seriously about 8 months ago or so. it is now my life and i love every minute of it. what depresses me about the situation is i didnt get into lifting when i was younger. i mean if i had gotten into it 10, 15, or 20 years ago who knows where i might be right now. anyone else have similar feelings or a similar situation? :( :shrug:
yes. I feel the exact same way. I feel, in restrospect, that i wasted a lot of good years being a lazy little sloth.

its a missed opportunity that i had and i can never get it back. i wish someone would have pushed me to get into it when i was young.

Well if you had waited 10 more years, you'd be that much further behind. Be happy you didn't wait any longer.

I got into it when I was 24 years old (I'm 32 now).

yea better late than never i guess.

Don't let it get you down! You took control of your life and fitness and that is more than many people do. I lifted intermitently throughout my 20's and 30's, enough to keep fit and keep a spinal curvature from gettng worse and to keep the pain of my fibromyalgia at bay. I was forced to take 4 years off for surgeries and such and just got back to lifting a little over a year ago. I'm coming back stronger than I ever thought I would and I'm lifting with more thought toward specific goals than I ever did when I was younger. The only regret I have is that I haven't pushed the hubby to stay in shape with me and he's looking at some serious health issues if he doesn't get it together soon. Look forward not back!

bulletproof1 said:
its a missed opportunity that i had and i can never get it back.

You said it. Don't worry about it... there's nothing you can do.

Most people are in the same boat, myself included. As already was said, imagine where you would be if you never started.

What are the benefits that weight lifting is giving to you?

There are many ways to lose weight but weight training is the only way to reshape your whole body ;) You'll be okay hun. Message me if you need anything :kiss:

shutupntra1n said:
There are many ways to lose weight but weight training is the only way to reshape your whole body ;) You'll be okay hun. Message me if you need anything :kiss:
anything? :D

Vieope said:
What are the benefits that weight lifting is giving to you?
A more respectable excuse for why everything hurts! :sob:

I started training when I was about 15, now I'm 32. I've had extended periods where I didn't train but I always go back to it as it's a deep-seated pleasure. Overall I'd say I've made my greatest progess in the last five years due to increased experience, experimentation and more knowledge.

Regarding you situation you should be glad you found lifting/bodybuilding, some people never exercise and miss out on the benefits all their lives. It's not like you're an 80 year-old man :)

redspy said:
It's not like you're an 80 year-old man :)

You got something against 80 year old men? I'm bald too, so what? :p

i wish i had not taken 4 years off hockey when i turned 18. i was just starting to make a name for myself after a few years of competition, and i gave it all away and started doing drugs and partying - ruining my body for about 2 years. Gave that away but didnt get back into shape or into hockey until 2004.

its my only regret in life, but im using it as motivation to make myself work even HARDER now to bridge the gap i created for myself.

I wish that I started a couple of years ago. Or even found IM... this place has learned me so much :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
I definitly think about this. I started at 30. I look at my kids and think, wow..if you guys could start now, just imagine the muscle you will have to build on. I just keep it to myself and hope they follow my example.

You guys just hafta be happy that you're into it now.

Sure, you can sit there and wish you did MANY things in your life differently. Me personally, i wished i learned the M2M connection when i started, instead of years into working out. But you know what? That's life. You gotta be at peace with what you did, not with what you should have done. Be thankful you discovered it when you did, cuz you can't change the past, and it does no good whatsoever regretting things...

Peace,
FLEX

I truely dont think you can think that way, what if you started working out 5 years ago, you might have had poor or no instruction and not being able to work out anymore due to the injuries you got. Or you might have been run over by a train on your way to the gym.

yeah i feel you guys, acctually i dont i started when i was 14 and now im 20 but seriously commited and hardcore bodybuilding i started only like close to 3 years now and i think about how im gona look in like 10-20 years from now man, i just get the chiils when i imagine myself all freaky and shit, i know its gona happen because god knows how crazy i am about my body and this sport!
I feel bad for you guys tho

Back