• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do you do warmup sets?

For warmup sets I do...

• not do them

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • I do a set of 1%-20%

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I do a set of 21%-40%

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I do a set of 41%-60%

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • I do a set of 61%-80%

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I do more than one warmup set

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • My warmups depend how I feel or by the bodypart

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you do warmup sets?

usually just 1 or 2 at around 50% of the working load that I will use...

Please don´t tell anybody but I warm up with just one set. :grin:
After that I usually walk around the gym pretending that I am streching just to have a better look in the female population.

depending on what exercise, I do as many as 3 warm up sets for squats, first set with just the bar, second set 30%, third set 50%, which leads to a total of 11 sets (8 working sets and 3 warm up sets).

Yep.

Absolutely....

A cold body is like a cold rubber band,
no elasticity

I do 100 jumping jacks at the beginning of any workout just to get the blood pumping a little bit. I then proceed with warmups depending on the exercise and/or bodypart.

IML Gear Cream!
madden player said:
Ditto.

Who would workout cold??

about 70% of the people that I see training at 5:00 am. the shit kills me. I see people walk right into the gym and start bench pressing...lol, idiots !

:yes:

LAM said:
about 70% of the people that I see training at 5:00 am. the shit kills me. I see people walk right into the gym and start bench pressing...lol, idiots !
Yea I see that when ever I go in to...they just stroll in the door and start lifting. Damn fools....all of em!

Actually I warm up with weights, I suppose for kicks I could try the tread for 10 or so.

i come in and just kinda move my body around, to get blood flowing better
then i do the bar real slowly, then i add a bit of weight, real light
then i stretch lightly, then i move around a lot, then i workout

:)

Nope.

The only thing I do more than one warmup on is squats, and I typically work up to 75 percent of working load for 2-3 reps.

Everything else is about 50 percent of working load for 3-4 reps.

LAM said:

It's not too bad in my gym.

But then again, i only really pay attention to the big lads in my gym.

I only notice because the setup in a lot of Gold's is that you have to walk past the cardio machines to get to the free weight area. so when you are doing cardio you can't help but see who has walked in from the street and immediately starts training...

I always start light then go heavy. I consider that "warming up"....or instance with dumbell inclines I might start with 30-40lbs for 15 slow stretching reps. Then I will just from that to say 60lbs for another 15. From there I can start my three heavy work sets eventually progressing to a 5th set of 120lbs for 4-6 reps. So if that is considered warming up then I warm up. I do this with every exercise that I do.

IML Gear Cream!
usually about 1/2 of the working weight for about 8 reps, just enough to go slow and feel the muscles warm up!!!

LAM said:

Sadly, I used to do that. I'm young, so it hasn't caused any problems yet. I have learned since then though.

Wow. These responses kill me. I do anywhere from 3-5 warm-up sets for the first exercise, depending on how heavy I am going, and whether I am training to failure.

I treadmill it up for 5 minutes, then do 1 warm-up set 50% for around 8 reps

Twin Peak said:
Wow. These responses kill me. I do anywhere from 3-5 warm-up sets for the first exercise, depending on how heavy I am going, and whether I am training to failure.

I know - none to one warm up set amazes me.

I do 2-3 "warm up" sets for my first exercise, followed by a CNS acclimatising set of two reps at a weight about 80% of the working set weight.

My second exercise usually warrants one acclimatising/warm up set of about 4-6 reps using about 60% of my work set weight.

After that i go straight into work sets of remaining exercises.

TCD said:
I know - none to one warm up set amazes me.

I do 2-3 "warm up" sets for my first exercise, followed by a CNS acclimatising set of two reps at a weight about 80% of the working set weight.

My second exercise usually warrants one acclimatising/warm up set of about 4-6 reps using about 60% of my work set weight.

After that i go straight into work sets of remaining exercises.

i do the same, for the major muscle groups such as chest, legs and back

for bi's and tris i just do 1 light set then straight into my heavy sets

and like you after the first exercise i go straight into my work sets

Well i do bi's (back) and tri's (delts) after other muscle groups, so yeah, one warm up set is all i need.

well, if you REALLY wanna know...
I take a good 10-15 before every w.o. which i consider my warm-up.

I take those monstrous 2.5lbers and do big circles with my arms both ways.

Then i do a set of pushups or two, 2 sets of bent over rows, then one set of upright rows, curls and shoulder presses.

On leg day, i ride the bike for 5 min, do a little stretching, and a few sets til i get to that LIGHT weight.

My warmups serve 3 purposes:
The first, and obvious one, is to get the blood flowing.

Secondly, the slight pump i get really fires me up for my workout.

Lastly, i use this time to concentrate and put my mind in my muscle.

Back