• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sweet Potatoes

sweatshopchamp

J-Freak
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ive heard that us bodybuilders should have sweet potatoes in our diet. Why are they better for you than other taters or are they?

Lower glycemic index and have more nutrients than the other spuds.

They also have alot of fiber. Especially the skin. Sweet potatos taste like a dessert to me with a little cinnamon and splenda.

Jodi said:
They also have alot of fiber. Especially the skin. Sweet potatos taste like a dessert to me with a little cinnamon and splenda.

I gobble down sweet potatoes with nothing added. I think they taste great.

So how are you guys preparing your taters? :)

Bake them? For how long? I got some this weekend @ the grocery store and they are a huge spud. Do you cut them in half and then just eat half at a time?

Jodi said:
:barf: i dnt like the skin

sweet potatoes with cajun seasoning sprinkled on

I'm not particularly fond of sweet potatoes. I generally dont like any sweetish taste in my food. What would be the next best potato? i presently use red potatoes.

IML Gear Cream!
juggernaut said:
my wife makes a sweet potato pie. It is frcken heaven. Anyone want the recipe? She got it out a WWe cookbook. Any takers?

WWe? Is that weight watchers with an extra 'e' on the end? :lol: Sure post it!

BulkMeUp said:
I'm not particularly fond of sweet potatoes. I generally dont like any sweetish taste in my food. What would be the next best potato? i presently use red potatoes.
Yams are not as sweet as sweet potato. But these are harder to find (you could look in Asian grocery stores). You could also look for Taro Root... Similar to potato/yam and not very sweet but the GI is much better than potato's.

Problem with other potatoes is that the GI is very variable and it is hard to determine just what it will be after cooking...

Emma-Leigh said:
Yams are not as sweet as sweet potato. But these are harder to find (you could look in Asian grocery stores). You could also look for Taro Root... Similar to potato/yam and not very sweet but the GI is much better than potato's.

Problem with other potatoes is that the GI is very variable and it is hard to determine just what it will be after cooking...
I personally prefer yams to sweet potatoes,though both are yummy.

Sweet potatos are really sweet? Somehow I don´t find it to be sweet. They are something, not sweet.

Thanks guys. I told my dad to pick some up at the grocery store and he just looked at me funny. But, he knows I know what Im doing so he got some. We had a roast, sweet potatoes and green beans. It was great! In my opinion Meat and Taters is the best muscle building meal if you have the right meat and potatoes. Thank for the help.

aggies1ut said:
I personally prefer yams to sweet potatoes,though both are yummy.
no way sweet potatoes are waaaaaay better

IML Gear Cream!
you won't find a real yam in a market in the US unless it has been imported. you have to go to the Caribbean, South America or Africa to find them. the "yams" sold in the us are not even remotely close to the real thing. real yams are sweeter than the US sweet potatos and grow very large up to 6-8 feet long...

uhh we care?

LAM said:
you won't find a real yam in a market in the US unless it has been imported. you have to go to the Caribbean, South America or Africa to find them. the "yams" sold in the us are not even remotely close to the real thing. real yams are sweeter than the US sweet potatos and grow very large up to 6-8 feet long...

juggernaut said:
Actually, it's World Wrestling Entertainment. You know, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock, Triple H...

how about the great ones' favourite...

poontang pie? :D

juggernaut said:
uhh we care?

maybe the people who actually like to learn things do... :rolleyes:

juggernaut said:
uhh we care?

No need to get indignant; LAM was merely sharing his knowledge on the subject. I do care. Speak for yourself.

Jodi said:
Ever had sweet potato pie?

LAM said:
6 yo 8 feet
/ their not grown close to a nuclear fascility are they?:hmmm:

OMG, I tried Jodi's suggestion to add cinnamon and splenda to a sp..and it rocked! Yummy!!

Back